Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan to Bring Son in as OC

MAATopDogg

He's calling them correctly. Something Zorn couldn't do. Zorn has some pretty good plays in the playbook and Lewis is using them the way they should be used.

The credit belongs mostly to Lewis for the turn around, but you're correct... You can't completely deny Zorn any of the credit, either.

Before you give most of the credit to Lewis, factor in also the backup players and starters are stepping up and playing well too.;)

I really don't see that happening here... this is frustrating.

I really think Dan Snyder is tired of the changes and starting all over... I would not be surprised if everything stayed the same next year... Zorn and Vinny back... I am not a Vinny fan, but I think Zorn might be starting to "get it"

Despite what people think here, Snyder's tendency since Marty is to stick with whoever he has. He wanted Spurrier to stay and he wanted to give Gibbs a longer contract. I think as long as Zorn gives him a reason to stay, he will.

Course, Vinny might feel differently.

Despite what people think here, Snyder's tendency since Marty is to stick with whoever he has. He wanted Spurrier to stay and he wanted to give Gibbs a longer contract. I think as long as Zorn gives him a reason to stay, he will.

Course, Vinny might feel differently.

You present this as a fact. Based on what?

Isn't Kyle Shanahan like 27 years old? :whoknows:

I am very convinced that Vinny will be back.

Shanahan coming here in a Gibbs role is going to be more of the same: mediocre

Not true. Shanahan wouldn't be a caretaker who'd been out of the league for several years running an antiquated offense, but rather a coach who's recently been in the league, runs a slightly different variant of the same offense that we have installed and has won an average of over 10.5 games per year this decade.

He's also hasn't had the level of talent on defense that we currently have on our roster in quite a bit.

You present this as a fact. Based on what?

Here's the thing on the contract extension rumor:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-la-canfora/gibbs-contract-status.html

You are correct that I don't have hard evidence of Snyder wanting to bring Spurrier back, but Spurrier's resignation seemed to take Snyder by surprise, which gives me the impression that he was willing to bring him back:

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-9900985.html

Here's the thing on the contract extension rumor:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-la-canfora/gibbs-contract-status.html

You are correct that I don't have hard evidence of Snyder wanting to bring Spurrier back, but Spurrier's resignation seemed to take Snyder by surprise, which gives me the impression that he was willing to bring him back:

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-9900985.html

I don't doubt that Gibbs could have gotten a contract extension had he wanted. However, I don't believe for a second that Snyder wanted Spurrier to return. I believe that Spurrier's departure was mutual. I just don't see Snyder as the patient "stay the course" guy that you appear to see.

I don't doubt that Gibbs could have gotten a contract extension had he wanted. However, I don't believe for a second that Snyder wanted Spurrier to return. I believe that Spurrier's departure was mutual. I just don't see Snyder as the patient "stay the course" guy that you appear to see.

Except that Spurrier was his guy. After letting Marty go like that, he couldn't afford to give up on Spurrier. Also, the fact that Spurrier called it in from the golf course, rather than after meeting with each other, tells me that it was on Spurrier.

Except that Spurrier was his guy. After letting Marty go like that, he couldn't afford to give up on Spurrier. Also, the fact that Spurrier called it in from the golf course, rather than after meeting with each other, tells me that it was on Spurrier.

Spurrier was Synder's signature hire (at the time) but two seasons showed Spurrier to be entirely unqualified to be an NFL head coach. For me, the end of Spurrier's second season was the low point of the Snyder era. I'm sure the writing was on the wall that Spurrier would be better off moving on. Remember Spurrier declining comment on the Redskins due to a confidentiality agreement.

Funny how better losing and scoring pts and losing, and beating the Raiders changes everything. meh. Zorn still needs to go...Vinny needs to go but probably won't. Jason will probably be staying. What shows Zorn gets it now? because someone is calling his plays for him? I actually like Zorn as a person from what I've seen...but a head coach, no. Shanny as a HC ok, but not as a GM. His son being OC no issue there either.

I really don't want Shanahan OR his son here. At all.

Sherm Lewis has this offense clicking... So we're going to restart with another new offensive system? Stupid. Very stupid.

And you can't MAKE a new HC keep Sherman Lewis. He needs to pick his own staff. But Lewis has this offense firing. I'm so deadset against Shanahan I can't even begin to tell you.

Yup my thoughts exactly...Id rather give Zorn another year than bring in another mediocre coach who rode his superbowl bandwagon on the backs of Elway, TD, and Sharpe

Yup my thoughts exactly...Id rather give Zorn another year than bring in another mediocre coach who rode his superbowl bandwagon on the backs of Elway, TD, and Sharpe

Stupid assumption. Take a look at Shanny's record after Elway retired. No more Super Bowls, but consistent playoff caliber teams. Much of the time with Jake freaking Plummer as QB. The skins would be lucky to get Shanahan to come here. Zorn is done... It's nice to see us still playing hard for the guy, but I doubt he plays much of a role on the team anymore. Despite our quite recent successes, I still think the season as a whole will result in Zorn being fired. Hopefully Vinny with him.

I really don't want Shanahan OR his son here. At all.

Sherm Lewis has this offense clicking... So we're going to restart with another new offensive system? Stupid. Very stupid.

And you can't MAKE a new HC keep Sherman Lewis. He needs to pick his own staff. But Lewis has this offense firing. I'm so deadset against Shanahan I can't even begin to tell you.

Agreed. I was very skeptical of Snyderrato's decision to bring Lewis in, but he's turned our offense around. What's even more impressive is that our offense has looked so much better despite losing Chris Samuels, Chris Cooley, Clinton Portis, and Ladell Betts. Our offense hasn't looked this effective since 2005, and maybe even since 1999. We've got a lot of room for improvement, but we're headed in the right direction.

Keep zorn stay the course and this team will go places. Hire shanahan blow it up and the only place were going to be is in the cellar of the nfc east wanting yet another coaches head.

According to the logic on this board should the falcons fire mike smith... he didnt have a season like last year... How about harbaugh in baltimore yup he should be gone too how about mike tomlin yup outta here probably not making the playoffs... If some of the posters on here ran actual teams mcdonalds fry cooks would have a lower turnover then nfl head coaches.

Archived