Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Simple Poll: If Vinny stays, are you in or out?

SkinsHokieFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Here we go with the true fan bit, I am as loyal and as loud as the next guy, my question for those with kids is...... Do you really want to raise your kids cheering for a Dan Snyder owned team if he is never going to change his meddling money grubbing ways?

I feel betrayed and I don't want my kids feeling betrayed by the little prick when there are other owners out there that are more interested in the team than their hard earned money.

They are young enough now they won't remember switching teams, basically I have a two year windoiw before they will, which is why I am giving The. Dan 2 years to fire Vinny. In the mean time I will continue to participate in the Redskins revolution by sending letters and doing as much as possible to make my voice heard because I really do want to raise my kids the same way I was raised, as a Redskins fan.

(Edit)

IMO a fair weather fan is someone who stops cheering for the Redskins because they are having a losing season and then becoming a fan of a team like the Saints because they are the hot team. Taking your fandom else where because you feel the owner is a piece of crap is a decision that has nothing to do with fandom, but more to do with pride and self respect. Again that's just my opinion.

Perhaps when they're old enough, you could explain to your kids that they shouldn't base their decision to not root for a team based on ownership. If you're leaving as a Skins fan because of one bozo in the front office, then Danny & Vinny have scoreboard on you.

I know we're all frustrated about how things have gone and that a moron like Vinny has been allowed to keep his job for a long time here in spite of the fact that he's mostly responsible for the current mess. My dad, who's in his mid-60's and has been a diehard fan his entire life, has already jumped off the ship and says he won't be a fan as long as Danny is the owner, and how ashame it is that a team with such a great history and fanbase has to suffer like this, and he simply can't take it anymore.

As a fan you take the good with the bad, and you stick it out. You have to make your own decision with this, but at the same time your kids should be able to make their own decision about the team when they're old enough, instead of being told "kids, I don't like the fact that Vinny is staying, so don't root for this team."

Danny & Vinny are only two people, but Redskins Nation are hundreds of thousands. No one is saying that you have to buy merchandise or buy a ticket to a game (which I won't do as long as Vinny is here), but at the same time don't turn your back ona franchise that you have grown up with just because of one idiot.

Jeff in DC, why put my kids through the inevitable suffering? At this point I can't stand The Dan, my hate, yes I said "hate", for him grows every day. I mean the guy charges fans for crappy tap water, which is a freaking crime. As much as I refuse to think the Dan only cares about the money, part of me is really starting to think it's true, because he is almost refusing to show us other wise.

As far as telling my kids which team to cheer for, it's more about selecting a team to cheer for so they can follow in my footsteps. At this point we all woke up this morning and put on our Redskins gear, I am really hoping it stays this way.

Jeff in DC, why put my kids through the inevitable suffering? At this point I can't stand The Dan, my hate, yes I said "hate", for him grows every day. I mean the guy charges fans for crappy tap water, which is a freaking crime. As much as I refuse to think the Dan only cares about the money, part of me is really starting to think it's true, because he is almost refusing to show us other wise.

Exactly.

This team is no longer the Washington Redskins in my opinion.

This team is the Washington Snyderattos, used by 1 man to fuel his ego and make him feel like he is in charge of something tangible, and the other man just to keep a damn job that he has no business being a part of.

I am a fan of the Washington Redskins, not this decade long mess known as the Washington Snyderattos

what if you currently consider yourself in but all you do is watch the games on Sunday and keep up to date on the team's moves?

I'm the same way. I'm in 'till I die but I watch the games on Sunday and I expect to lose. If we win then I'm the happiest person in the world nothing can bring me down. But I don't go into every game expecting us to win or play well.

I will always love the 'skins. I bet at least 50% of you are full of **** saying you will not be a Redskins fan if Vinny stays.

read the poll answers, comprehension is good. I will still root for the team to win, I will not however support the organization with what I can control, my money.

As of now, there are 629 votes

Out of that, 62 percent say they are OUT

I am not sure if this is a good enough "sample size" for the Redskins fan base, but to me its pretty statistically significant.

62 percent of the die hard fans say they are "out" (as defined in the OP in this thread) if Vinny Cerrato stays with the Washington Redskins

You listening Mr. Owner?

As of now, there are 629 votes

Out of that, 62 percent say they are OUT

I am not sure if this is a good enough "sample size" for the Redskins fan base, but to me its pretty statistically significant.

62 percent of the die hard fans say they are "out" (as defined in the OP in this thread) if Vinny Cerrato stays with the Washington Redskins

You listening Mr. Owner?

I doubt it. He's probably out scouting QBs.:doh:

I am one of the 'no' votes. The Danny and Vinny have helped new future NFL owners. They can now write a book called "How to Screw Up a Winning Franchise without Really Trying Hard". To hear from Marty Schottenheimer that Vinny pulled a power play on him tells us all we need to know how any future coach will have front office problems with those two clowns.

I'll always be a fan, but I'm not drinking Vinny's kool-aid, period.

My excitement level for the Skins will stay low until sweeping changes are made at the top of the organization. Even then I'm on a wait and see approach.

Definitely still a fan, but I'm not spending any of my money on jersies, etc.

the fact that the team has shown signs of life is encouraging, however we all know that Vinny is not going anywhere and Snyder wants a more marektable coach and QB.

I think Snyder is gonna blow up the team for marketing reasons only -- thus leaving fans no choice but to quit following the team.

I'll still be here, I've been a fan too long to walk out.

I'll define it:

In: You still support the Redskins financially and emotionally. You keep your season tickets, or buy tickets to get to the games. You talk trash to your non Redskin friends. You get excited about our offseason moves, both in the draft and in free agency. You think the new head coach will be able to make some good changes and fix things. You buy other Redskins merchandise. Essentially you maintain the same level of fandom as you always have

Out:You boycott all Redskins merchandise. You decide not to re-up on your season tickets. You go to no games in 2010, not even preseason or training camp. You aren't impressed by our draft moves or free agent moves. You kind of shrug at the new coach.

On Sunday, you still may watch and you hope the team wins, but you aren't "into" the game, your heart isn't pounding hoping for a win. On Sunday during a Redskins game, you may make other plans and just check the score on your phone.

So its a simple question

If Vinny Cerrato stays with the Washington Redskins next season, are you in or out?

First of all, I don't think its a simple question. I don't think if Shanny comes in it matters if Vinny is still here or not. Vinny is VP Football Operations. If Shanny comes in, he will be Head Coach and President of Football Operations (just like Gibbs was). Vinny will essentially just be the head of scouting... which I think he's pretty good at.

In

I never buy the merchandise anyways because NFL jacks up the prices severely and poor college students can't afford that **** :silly:

However I Will continue to talk in positive terms about the team and the youth movement that is going on right now, even if Vinny is retained after the season ends. There's a lot for me to be talking positive about, especially in the 2nd half

All I can say is if you are out do not comeback when things get good again. Once a fan always a fan no matter how bad the team is doing.

Selling my season tickets does not make me a bad fan. If you don't have some already, there will be an extra set of four at FedEx if Vinny is back. Feel free to shell out the $$ for a product that is guaranteed to be average at best.

Archived