Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Simple Poll: If Vinny stays, are you in or out?

SkinsHokieFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

3080293296_7c4dc5fc6a_o.jpg

hmm i presented my point, and examples of why i believe the way i do. I am, in fact, disgusted by the number of fair weather redskins fans.

you posted a picture.

yeah, I'm a troll. lol i understand guys. you don't like being called fair weather fans. I know, it hurts. But when you stop or decrease your support of the team because they aren't performing well, you are a fair weather fan. A duck is a duck no matter how much it wants to be a goose.

See the difference between me and you is I can appreciate the other perspective.

You know nothing about who I am, what I stand for or how much money I spend or have spent with the Redskins.

Instead you paint a comically broad brush as anyone who is in that camp is fairweather and '****es'. This makes you a troll and an asshat.

i don't know you, and i am sure you're probably a good person. BUT, when you stop being a fan or decrease your support of a team because of the teams performance you ARE a fair weather fan. That's the definition. sorry you don't like it so you are desperately trying to say it isn't so. That disgusts me, and i guess it shouldn't. I probably should not react with such vitriol to fair weather fan. So i am sorry for the "****es" comment. Ofcourse if you can't stand by a team through tough times. . . well you are what you are.

Right now thats like asking a computer program what happens if 1+1=3

I can't even fathom success with these guys running the team. It doesn't compute

Fair enough...though I think that's a little dramatic.

Last year, we were two plays away from playing in Atlanta in the playoffs. That would have been "success" even though we still would have been built in the exact same manner we are now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making a case to keep things like they are...just saying that parity in the NFL makes it so that even the worst-run teams can happen upon success on a year-to-year basis. It's not ridiculous to think that a Vinny-led Redskin team could wind up with 9 or 10 wins next year.

So, my question is...if that were to happen, would you still find yourself as disinterested (for example, going to the gym at 1PM on Sundays) on game days?

It's not a simple question. You put too much into it. Will I support the Skins emotionally. Definite yes. There is no team in all of the NFL that has the least interest to me other than the Redskins. Do I think it's going to get better? Not with the Fantasy Football mentality that Snyder and Vinny call their "draft philosophy".

Will I support them financially if Vinny stays, and think his refusal to draft OL is good for the team. Only to the extent that my NFL ticket does send some money to the Redskins. But, just because I love the Skins won't mean I don't think Dan and his ventriloguist dummy Vinny are anything but idiots when it comes to their dream of taking the last pick and making an All-Pro NFL lineman out of them. Or their, "pick the next Tom Brady contest" they run every year by drafting another NFL QB wannabe. What a couple of Morons!

It's not a simple question. You put too much into it. Will I support the Skins emotionally. Definite yes. There is no team in all of the NFL that has the least interest to me other than the Redskins. Do I think it's going to get better? Not with the Fantasy Football mentality that Snyder and Vinny call their "draft philosophy".

Will I support them financially if Vinny stays, and think his refusal to draft OL is good for the team. Only to the extent that my NFL ticket does send some money to the Redskins. But, just because I love the Skins won't mean I don't think Dan and his ventriloguist dummy Vinny are anything but idiots when it comes to their dream of taking the last pick and making an All-Pro NFL lineman out of them. Or their, "pick the next Tom Brady contest" they run every year by drafting another NFL QB wannabe. What a couple of Morons!

QFT (quoted for truth, there is another acronym i don't want this to be confused for)

No matter what happens i'll be here screaming at the TV when they lose and feeling a great swell of relief when they win. I'll have a ton of opinions on how to do that to, but i'll will be there same as always.

i don't know you, and i am sure you're probably a good person. BUT, when you stop being a fan or decrease your support of a team because of the teams performance you ARE a fair weather fan. That's the definition. sorry you don't like it so you are desperately trying to say it isn't so. That disgusts me, and i guess it shouldn't. I probably should not react with such vitriol to fair weather fan. So i am sorry for the "****es" comment. Ofcourse if you can't stand by a team through tough times. . . well you are what you are.

I am done with the names Rick. What I want to get across is our biggest perception difference. I think that the core consumer over time can and will have an impact on Dan's bottom line. As the consumer it is your only recourse. And I choose to act by not financially supporting a crappy product.

Now, I can respect that you don't think that individual consumer can make a difference and in turn you will support the team regardless. Good for you. I don't see it that way.

I am done with the names Rick. What I want to get across is our biggest perception difference. I think that the core consumer over time can and will have an impact on Dan's bottom line. As the consumer it is your only recourse. And I choose to act by not financially supporting a crappy product.

Now, I can respect that you don't think that individual consumer can make a difference and in turn you will support the team regardless. Good for you. I don't see it that way.

you can't impact his decisions, only his wallet. He won't sell the team and he won't give up on having influence over the team. He's too much of a fan for that. All you do is make him less likely to use the entire cap or in uncapped years you decrease his pool of funds to sign players. (the one thing dan is good for)

See, I don't believe that on-field struggles = bad front office...at least not without exceptions.

Ten years of experience with Snyder/Cerrato isn't enough to come to this conclusion? Bad personnel moves certainly don't improve your chances for success on the field. Let's see, 3rd and 4th round pick for a RB from Atlanta who never contributed. A 3rd and 4th for a WR bust. Most recently a 2nd round pick for a one-year DE wonder that didn't fit the scheme. Skins could have definitely put something into the OL with those missing draft picks.

I agree that a good front office making great personnel moves doesn't guarantee a superbowl - the coach can always screw it up. See, e.g., Chargers.

I've been "out". I won't buy any skins gear at all, refuse to attend games, and only watch games because I still for whatever reason like the team. It's only a matter of time before I stop caring entirely.

Dan Snyder's relationship to fans is that of a crack dealer to a neighborhood full of addicts. He treats you anyway he wants to knowing the poor ****s will still line up to give him money. I didn't sign up for that crap.

you can't impact his decisions, only his wallet. He won't sell the team and he won't give up on having influence over the team. He's too much of a fan for that. All you do is make him less likely to use the entire cap or in uncapped years you decrease his pool of funds to sign players. (the one thing dan is good for)

Your conclusions are based on assumptions, guesses and conjecture.

I base my decision on the one course of action I can actually do.

Ten years of experience with Snyder/Cerrato isn't enough to come to this conclusion? Bad personnel moves certainly don't improve your chances for success on the field. Let's see, 3rd and 4th round pick for a RB from Atlanta who never contributed. A 3rd and 4th for a WR bust. Most recently a 2nd round pick for a one-year DE wonder that didn't fit the scheme. Skins could have definitely put something into the OL with those missing draft picks.

I agree that a good front office making great personnel moves doesn't guarantee a superbowl - the coach can always screw it up. See, e.g., Chargers.

Right. I wasn't defending any of the moves. I was working through a hypothetical with SHF. My initial question to him was whether he'd make other plans during regular season games during a winning season. His response was that it wouldn't happen (the winning season). My point was that even horribly-run franchises rise up occasionally. Hell, we were 2 or 3 plays away from a playoff season last year.

So, I agree we are a badly-run franchise and have very little hope for SUSTAINED success under Cerrato. But I think it's very possible that we could have another "winning" season in the next 2-3 years even if he stays. I don't WANT that...I want a true GM, new coaching staff, and for the organization to clean house.

I've been "out". I won't buy any skins gear at all, refuse to attend games, and only watch games because I still for whatever reason like the team. It's only a matter of time before I stop caring entirely.

Dan Snyder's relationship to fans is that of a crack dealer to a neighborhood full of addicts. He treats you anyway he wants to knowing the poor ****s will still line up to give him money. I didn't sign up for that crap.

Well said. I don't care if some tool calls me a fair whether fan, there is no chance I'm going to keep making a financial investment in the franchise the way it is currently run by Synder and his crony.

Based on those definitions, definitely out.

I'm still a fan, I'm not abandoning the team completely. Only because I don't think I could if I tried. I've been too emotionally invested for too long. But they are trying everything they can to push me out. I'm so sick of this ****.

Based on those definitions, definitely out.

I'm still a fan, I'm not abandoning the team completely. Only because I don't think I could if I tried. I've been too emotionally invested for too long. But they are trying everything they can to push me out. I'm so sick of this ****.

Exactly. I think some are not reading the definitions provided in the OP.

"Out" doesn't mean you no longer want the team to win, or that you turn-in your fan card. It essentially just means the Skins become less of a priority in your life. I think a lot of us are already there.

That is very well said.

I'm more concerned with what happens with the QB and coaching situation.

To me, I'm willing to play this out and see what Zorn and Campbell can do with a shored up offensive line.

If both of those guys are gone though, I absolutely do not want Cerrato to be associated with this team in any function. He bears the majority of the responsibility, and his inability to behave in a fashion that I expect from an organization with as much history as the Washington Redskins to me is unacceptable.

Outside of ownership, Cerrato has been the one constant in this teams inability to turn the corner, so it's time he's sent packing.

Archived