Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Simple Poll: If Vinny stays, are you in or out?

SkinsHokieFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I agree that the two provided choices don't give enough options. I will be hugely disappointed if that twit Vinny is still there next year though. Always a fan, will still rock the gear I own, will still watch games and cheer for the team, but I'm still not buying new stuff, or paying for games, etc. Until the owner decides to do what is right for the team and put a better product on the field etc....For those that are happy regardless of how things are done/run and are ok with more of the same well...enjoy. You darned right we will complain because we care. Get out of here with comparing the Redskins to a country and it's government, you are going wayyyyy too far with that one.

The last 15 years have been pretty bad. Turner inherited a bad team and rebuilt us but couldn't seem to get us over the hump of "average." We still haven't gotten over that hump under Snyder's ownership......the present frustration arises from Snyder's cluelessness at how you build a team.

Again, to be fair to Norv, until 99 he never had anything to work with and Charley Casserly made some horrible mistakes in the draft. It wasn't until 99 when they traded for Brad Johnson and drafted Champ & Jansen that Norv finally had something to work with, and he won the division and a playoff game. I'm not saying he was Vince Lombardi or Joe Gibbs by any means, but if he has something to work with he usually gets wins out of the situation. Not counting his Raider years (he had no chance to succeed working for the jumpsuit), he's 55-34 in his last 89 games including 3 division titles & 4 playoff wins, including 2 against Peyton Manning. Just saying.

Bottom line to this, if we don't like what's going on we need to start a revolution which includes jamming Redskin Park with phone calls, letters, emails, etc. and let our collective voice be heard about how we feel. A couple of "Fire Dan & Vinny" signs at FedEx isn't enough, it's too easy for Snyderrato to blow it off as a small minority of fans rather than a huge majority.

We need to organize a huge rally/protest which would be impossible for the FO to ignore. And even if they tried to ignore it, at least we'd be making a ton of noise in the process.

I thought about it for weeks but decided last weekend, if Vinny stays I will not reew the two season tickets that I've held for 2 years and waited close to a decade to own.

I'll always be a Skins fan, but will not support the stupid decisions that seem to repeat themselves year after year. It doesn't matter who's the coach or what big name free agent we sign. With Vinny around it's the same ol same ol.

I already got rid of my tickets last year. I have watched all the games this year, but I haven't really been too broken up over the outcomes.

I said this team was going to be 5-11 back in April and everybody laughed at me. How do I look now?

Danny and Vinny are football idiots and I wont be fully "back" until they start doing things the right way around here.

Winning solves everything. You see people wearing caps gear because they win. Vinny and Snyder have proven that they do not know how to create a winner over the last 10 years thats why im out. Everyone that knows anything about football know that the lines are where the games are won and the only lineman they have drafted in the first 2 rounds in the last 10 years, they put at LB. I dont believe that the fans should reward the organization for giving us mediocrity and disappointment.

Winning solves everything. You see people wearing caps gear because they win. Vinny and Snyder have proven that they do not know how to create a winner over the last 10 years thats why im out. Everyone that knows anything about football know that the lines are where the games are won and the only lineman they have drafted in the first 2 rounds in the last 10 years, they put at LB. I dont believe that the fans should reward the organization for giving us mediocrity and disappointment.

How are we "rewarding" the organization for still being a fan? You can still be a fan without spending money on merchandise, going to games, etc. If you want to send a message, do what I'll do - not spend any $$$ on anything Skins related, but still root my heart out for the team every Sunday.

I guess i would be "in" but just barely. I've already given up my club seats, not buying any new merchandise, etc.

However, I'm going to keep my 2 lower level seats regardless. So I guess I'm "In" by this definition.

Though I will be VERY unhappy.

We'll all be unhappy if Vinny stays, but the true fans will still root for the team.

The thing is, you don't have to be a season ticket holder to go to games. You can be a non-season ticket holder and still go to every single game and park in the green lot or wherever you want, and chances are, you'll sit in better seats and/or pay less money. My point is, your sacrifice doesn't have to be so great, but giving up your tickets sends a very strong message to Snyder that we are not going to put up with his bull**** any longer.

Having said that, I'm waiting until January, because there's still a chance Snyder will do the right thing. And then all is well.

OP, I think I can add an option or two to the poll if you want...

The thing is, you don't have to be a season ticket holder to go to games. You can be a non-season ticket holder and still go to every single game and park in the green lot or wherever you want, and chances are, you'll sit in better seats and/or pay less money. My point is, your sacrifice doesn't have to be so great, but giving up your tickets sends a very strong message to Snyder that we are not going to put up with his bull**** any longer.

Point well taken Mark but I still see it as somewhat as a half-measure. Sort of like "I'll participate in a fan protest, just so long as we don't do it while we're playing the Cowboys."

Not buying season tickets AND not attending the games sends even a stronger message, IMO.

Here we go with the true fan bit, I am as loyal and as loud as the next guy, my question for those with kids is...... Do you really want to raise your kids cheering for a Dan Snyder owned team if he is never going to change his meddling money grubbing ways?

I feel betrayed and I don't want my kids feeling betrayed by the little prick when there are other owners out there that are more interested in the team than their hard earned money.

They are young enough now they won't remember switching teams, basically I have a two year windoiw before they will, which is why I am giving The. Dan 2 years to fire Vinny. In the mean time I will continue to participate in the Redskins revolution by sending letters and doing as much as possible to make my voice heard because I really do want to raise my kids the same way I was raised, as a Redskins fan.

(Edit)

IMO a fair weather fan is someone who stops cheering for the Redskins because they are having a losing season and then becoming a fan of a team like the Saints because they are the hot team. Taking your fandom else where because you feel the owner is a piece of crap is a decision that has nothing to do with fandom, but more to do with pride and self respect. Again that's just my opinion.

I don't think it'll change my emotional interest in the team. I still spend most of my free time looking up Skins info. I still plan my weekends all around the pregame, game, postgame analysis, etc. I still scream and curse the refs, teams, coaches, owner, etc. during the the game (try to settle down after the final whistle). I still spend hours and days after games in varying states of depression contemplating the ways to win that always slip out of our fingers.

However, this season was the breaking point for me in terms of being a constantly optimistic homer fan that felt the next Lombardi would arrive every February. I was among the few among my friends that felt that we'd make the playoffs at 5-6 in 2005, I knew we'd be able to accomplish that feat in 07, even without our starting QB. I had faith in the team's success. I thought Spurrier would lead the NFL in offense. I thought CP could get a HOF run end to his career here in DC. I thought Campbell would develop into a Pro Bowl QB. My expectations have gone to completely wait and see. If they are winning and start playing good (much more respect for the team last 3 weeks...), I'm sure my high hopes will return.

However, until the way the franchise is being run changes, I don't see much hope of that. I used to be a Snyder apologist and saying how everything he does is because he wants to win. Still feel he's better than the cheapskate owners that don't go after players, but the results speak for themselves. The Redskins have gone from a franchise steeped with winning tradition to a mediocre team that makes as many WTF decisions as positive moves.

After having purchased countless merchandise over my relatively young years of being a fan (half my T-shirts probably Skins-related, 10+ posters, calendars, multiple caps, jerseys, sweatshirts, etc.), I have made the decision to personally boycott any new Skins apparel. Do I think it will make the slightest difference? No, but it's a personal way for me to express my frustrations with this team that I am a die-hard fan of. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to attend any games, but whereas before, I'd be absolutely ecstatic and thrilled to go to FedEx Field to cheer on the Skins, now I'd be hesitant to put much money down to see them in person. I'll still be watching them on TV, but financial commitment shouldn't be given to a dysfunctional franchise.

Thinking it over some more, the only way I'd be able to stand it if Vinny stays and then with some emotional, mental reservations in the back of my mind, would be if he publicly signed a statement saying that he would quit the Redskins and not return if they don't make the playoffs next year (and Snyder can't bring him back or reject his resignation) Maybe give Zorn something like that too.

Just like everyone else I have shades of in and out on this one. Parts of me want to believe that Vinny does a decent job but if THAT is true then I think one has to believe that Dan Snyder is the meddling owner who never learns. I say that because we've seen time after time things happen that make you scratch your head.

Everyone is divided on these boards when things happen and no one really knows who said or did what. I could bring up 10 different topics with a poll for questions such as: Was Suishams firing the coach, Vinny, or Dan Snyder. What really happened with Lavar and the whole contract dispute. Who's decision was it to bring in Al Saunders? Who wanted to pick up Adam Archuletta, Duckett, Lloyd? What happened with Coles and the stories that came out about the Dan saying he'd bench him ALL year?

My point is, these topics would have someone saying one thing, and half arguing for and half against. Who is accountable? Who is responsible?

So, if Vinny stays and we see the same thing - which I think we have seen for the past several years then I'm half out. If Vinny goes and nothing changes... then what?

I am getting so sick of this. ES used to be great......until s### like this started dominating this once great board. The exact same threads saying the exact same crap everyday.

To all the people here that base whether or not they supporter the always great Washington Redskins on who is running them or how they are playing.......F##K OFF! You wont be missed.

Archived