Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

per RI: Mccoy and Clausen draw skins interest

cmoskins80

In the absense of a GM, what do you guys really expect Vinny to be doing? Like it or not, Mr Synder owns this football team and will continue to do whatever he wants. If it has been decided that Jason Campbell is not the future of this team (which seems to be the overwhelming consensus on this board), I hope they are dedicating all there time to finding a replacement and improving this football team (right now they are all we have).

I understand that we all want a qualified general manager making our football decisions. I understand that we all want a steady head coach that can be heavily involved in this process when the season is over. Believe me that I want this as much as anyone else, but we are not there now.

Please Mr Snydner hire a qualified General Manager to run the football operations and then trust them to do their job.

Fixed it for you ^ That's why people are pissed off but if you've ever read my posts I have said now for the past month+ that I didn't believe that Vinny would be fired in the offseason. I give the chance of him being moved to a new position but still on the team in some capasity at around 50%. You guys thinking that Snyder's suddenly going to stop being Snyder are delussional. Snyder puts who he wants around him and does it Snyder's way. He always has done this and I believe will always do it this way. He puts his own selfish feelings over the needs of the team. I am not upset that Vinny is around still nor do I believe he is going anywhere. I am also not surprised that Snyder or Vinny are scouting.

Uh, no? You didn't fix it at all:

Owner Daniel Snyder and Vinny Cerrato, Washington's executive vice president of football operations, recently attended a ___________ game to scout ___________, Cerrato also made a trip to conduct an in-person evaluation of ___________.

That's why I'm pissed.

The reaction to this thread is a bunch of Chicken Littlism

At this point, they should be scouting everybody and building a book on anyone they might draft from round 1 to 7.

The reaction is based on Snyder's involvement. I don't care if he's looking at G-d for a quarterback, he shouldn't be involved at all!

Was it Art or TK who really wanted McCoy?

Either way, I'll be pissed as hell if we take a quarterback. We're not making a run next year or the year after, so address the line.

If we don't want JC, that's the exact reason we draft a QB immediately. Put him on the bench and let him develop until his supporting cast is assembled. If we wait to draft a QB, we'll have more of the same rookie mistakes and horrible growing pains we had with JC.

If we don't want JC, that's the exact reason we draft a QB immediately. Put him on the bench and let him develop until his supporting cast is assembled. If we wait to draft a QB, we'll have more of the same rookie mistakes and horrible growing pains we had with JC.

Huh? Drafting a quarterback will have growing pains whether we draft now or forty years from now. It's going to be more painful when that quarterback is on IR because he has no line to protect him.

So happy that Snyder is going on scouting trips. His football background and insider knowledge is what keeps this franchise at the top.

You know, I'm the furthest thing from a Snyder apologist. But if he is going to be involved personnel, I can almost sorta understand him being involved in picking a QB.

It's the highest profile position on the team and is probably going to be the #1 representative of his franchise for the next 5 years. He should be somewhat comfortable with the dude.

You know' date=' I'm the furthest thing from a Snyder apologist. But if he is going to be involved personnel, I can almost sorta understand him being involved in picking a QB.

It's the highest profile position on the team and is probably going to be the #1 representative of his franchise for the next 5 years. He should be somewhat comfortable with the dude.[/quote']

The point is that Snyder's opinion should mean absolutely nothing regarding who is on the team unless the person is a behavior problem.

I scratch my head when people make a big deal about this. Snyder has always visited with players and gone to player workouts. How much has this lead to evidence that Snyder has made any decision to pick these players? Almost zero. In fact, you can almost take any report that Snyder "loves" a player and instantly discount that player from playing with the Redskins. The media has always been wrong about that.

As for the visits, I expect it. The Redskins should be scouting everyone, including QBs. Last I checked, Campbell doesn't have a contract for next season and there is no guarantee that he will sign one even if offered.

I scratch my head when people make a big deal about this. Snyder has always visited with players and gone to player workouts. How much has this lead to evidence that Snyder has made any decision to pick these players? Almost zero. In fact, you can almost take any report that Snyder "loves" a player and instantly discount that player from playing with the Redskins. The media has always been wrong about that.

As for the visits, I expect it. The Redskins should be scouting everyone, including QBs. Last I checked, Campbell doesn't have a contract for next season and there is no guarantee that he will sign one even if offered.

Are we seriously questioning whether or not Snyder has had a hand in picking football players? Seriously?

That has to be one of the most ridiculous statements that I've ever heard.

I would be ok with O line and skipping a QB. Get us some young guys on both sides of the line and let Brennan and Collins and any random NFL QB looking for work fight it out. We give the line(s) the year to gel then grab us a hotshot QB (unless we luck into one before this). The year would be a let the line gel, don't look at wins.

I could take that in the hopes of a long run of success. Just don't half ass me for the next decade with 1 good guy here ... 1 good guy there and a sub 10 win seasons.

Scariest thing about this is Cerrato is still around. If his job is in jeopardy, why is he scouting players for the draft????!!!!!

Marty had people scouting for him all the way up to just before he was fired. Vinny was scouting to just before Marty was hired. Like anything, if you want to work (even as an ESPN analyst), you need to do the job even when you know your boss is likely to fire you.

Snyder had a fancy for Patrick Ramsey in the 2002 draft. Snyder saw Ramsey as a future Brett Favre, strong arm, gunslinger mentality, from the bayou, etc...

The next player chosen was Andre Gurode.

Snyder had a fancy for Jeff George EVEN THOUGH Brad Johnson led the team to it;s ONLY divisional title in Snyderrato ownership.

Snyder is involved and he always will be...:doh:

UUhhggg....

I seriously can't deal with another 3 years of mistakes, INT's and arguments over whether the new QB has shown any flashes of being good again...

i can't..

QB rookie talk does nothing for me... just makes me wince.

So you'd rather have someone who's proven to be a non-winner than a someone with the potential still remaining?

lol

do other owners do this? does bud adams go on scouting trips and give QBs the finger?

If you have a front office with a history of scouting well, then whatever. Go along for the game. if its you and Vinny......then you're in trouble.

Why not just pick up NCAA 2010 and use that to scout players? Hey...I threw 6 TD's with Tebow against Towsen. I think we should draft him in real life.

You missed the point of the article.

SNYDER was involved in the scouting. That's what we're pissed about.

Not all of you:

Mistake to draft a QB.

Draft the top rated LT or trade down for picks.

We need O Line and we need to get younger.

we don't need one...........
UUhhggg....

I seriously can't deal with another 3 years of mistakes, INT's and arguments over whether the new QB has shown any flashes of being good again...

i can't..

QB rookie talk does nothing for me... just makes me wince.

Was it Art or TK who really wanted McCoy?

Either way, I'll be pissed as hell if we take a quarterback. We're not making a run next year or the year after, so address the line.

Our first pick has to be the best offensive lineman on the board.
If Bradford slips and we trade down to acquire more picks, I could see taking him, otherwise, no to a QB.

No mention of Snyder or Vinny in those posts lol...talk of drafting a new QB is what's bothering them. Not that Snyder and Vinny aren't also bothering them lol...but they focused on the QB aspect.

Archived