Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

per RI: Mccoy and Clausen draw skins interest

cmoskins80

Good post Oldfan especially coming from you.

We all know about your dislike and ongoing battles with fansince62 ;)

Seriously, a good write up!

OF and I are buds behind the scenes.

you know....you have to decide whether you're going to ante up emotionally or not when these things happen. This is the first time in a long time I see real signs of a philosophy, intelligence and a will to execute. now starts the hard part of changing the culture and reengineering the roster. this should be a lot of fun to watch as Skins' fans. I'm stoked even though this isn't gonna happen overnight. Real damage was done over the last 11 years and back.

let's really go overboard: so...in our wildest imaginations....let's suppose Shanahan brings 1-2 SBs to DC. who becomes the Skins favored sugar daddy? Gibbs or Shanahan? Lot of the fanbase has no memories of Gibbs I.

I would like a trade down scenario, if possible with the 49ers or a team who wants to trade up and owns multiple first rounds or second rounds. We can get a couple of talented OL and a QB with the first three picks. Dang, the weasel is still in here just as I expected. Bottom line Snyder will never ever change.

I would like a trade down scenario, if possible with the 49ers or a team who wants to trade up and owns multiple first rounds or second rounds. We can get a couple of talented OL and a QB with the first three picks. Dang, the weasel is still in here just as I expected. Bottom line Snyder will never ever change.

I wouldn't worry about Snyder being there with Cerrato. Bruce/Shanny will sit him down (just like at the PC) and tell him to leave football to them.

holy crap i opened this thread and just clicked the link. for a moment there i thought it had all been a dream.

Hahaha, me too. Scary stuff!

Looks like some of the other posters don't realize this thread, and the lnked article, are from a month ago ... :D

Kiper just porjected unproven Colt to go in the 4th or 5th round, ouch.

Ouch, indeed! Even more so since this is a weak QB draft, IMO.

Frankly, I'm not sure why even Clausen is getting the predicted 1st round. His stats are on par with JC's in the pros. And usually college-to-pro stats decline. Clausen has few TDs yet low Int's, a decent comp %, but attrociously few wins. Sound familiar? It should.

Playing for the National Championship is hardly a "meaningless game". Hell ask Larry Bird, he is still upset that he lost to Michigan State. McCoy wasn't sitting out to protect his draft position, he was sitting out because the coach and trainer would not let him return. And for good reason.

With that said I still want Bradford at 4. Playing out of the spread is the only concern I have with that kid. But his quick release and incredible accuracy make him a damn good prospect in my opinion.

Watch this clip for at least the first 5 minutes (I know it's long). Some claim he has never faced a pass rush or has shown the ability to throw on the run. If you give this clip 5 minutes there are many examples of Bradford doing just both and still delivering throws on target. As for his arm strength nobody complained about Bernie Kosar's arm strength. At around the 5 minute mark there are a few examples of his arm strength on deep in patterns over the middle. It's fine.

I'm sold, the kid has a super fast delivery and fantastic accuracy. A few of those throws rolling left and throwing with his right arm were outstanding. Although not the scrambler like Jake the Snake was, he has excellent mobility for a player of his size.

Not worried about the slight side-armed motion ... when you're 6'6 (?) that's not as big of a deal. This is the only QB I would take in this draft in the 1st round.

If he's there we'd be stupid to pass up on him, nothing is guaranteed in the future, and trading up for players has bitten us in the ***** in the past. If we can get Bradford at #4, I think it would be a solid move. Sign me up, i am now a "Backer of Bradford."

My second preferred scenario (if Bradford is taken by the Rams) would be to grab Okung with the #4 and pick-up McCoy in the 2nd (he's not dropping to the 4th despite what Kiper thinks, too much potential) ... or a trade down scenairo where we can add a few extra picks.

I wouldn't worry about Snyder being there with Cerrato. Bruce/Shanny will sit him down (just like at the PC) and tell him to leave football to them.

I thought I read recently that Cerrato was still a respected scout around the league. I wouldnt mind having him as a scout, as long as he is on vacation while they are making their selections. This past draft had me scratching my head all day. Except for the Orakpo pick of course. I was simply on the edge of my seat while Denver was picking praying that Orakpo would fall just one more spot.

Ouch, indeed! Even more so since this is a weak QB draft, IMO.

Frankly, I'm not sure why even Clausen is getting the predicted 1st round. His stats are on par with JC's in the pros. And usually college-to-pro stats decline. Clausen has few TDs yet low Int's, a decent comp %, but attrociously few wins. Sound familiar? It should.

Good Lord here we go again! Quarterbacks don't play defense! Stop using the "wins" argument against Clausen. Look at Notre Dame's points for/against totals for the past two seasons and you will see where the blame lies for bulk of the Irish losses.

Same when Quinn came out, for some reason people love to think the QB at Notre Dame also lines up at all 11 defensive positions. Clausen is going to be a very, very good pro. The Skins fan in me doesn't want him at #4 but I would love to trade down and grab him around 15 if it were possible and use the 2nd rounder and the additional picks to build the line.

This is great. We can draft a tackle and guard and get Colt in the 4th round. Win/win.

I would be completely fine with that.

I'd be even happier if we could trade down, get an extra 2nd or 3rd, pick up a few OL and a QB (not with our 1st pick, unless that's in the mid-late first).

Archived