Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

per RI: Mccoy and Clausen draw skins interest

cmoskins80

The best part of that blog is the following"

"Campbell's minimum tender amount would be $3.14 million, according to a league source familiar with his contract situation. If the Redskins increased the offer to $3.268 million, they would first- and third-round compensation. Campbell has a salary of a little more than $2.857 million this season."

I dont care if we draft, what we deem to be, a franchise QB for 3.256 million we better tender Campbell with a first and third compensation.

Not all of you:

No mention of Snyder or Vinny in those posts lol...talk of drafting a new QB is what's bothering them. Not that Snyder and Vinny aren't also bothering them lol...but they focused on the QB aspect.

My mistake. Let me rephrase:

What all of us who matter are angry about . . .

;)

"Campbell's minimum tender amount would be $3.14 million, according to a league source familiar with his contract situation. If the Redskins increased the offer to $3.268 million, they would first- and third-round compensation. Campbell has a salary of a little more than $2.857 million this season."

I dont care if we draft, what we deem to be, a franchise QB for 3.256 million we better tender Campbell with a first and third compensation.

I completely agree... It would be most worth it to pay him the tender needed for a 1st and 3rd... most likely, no one bites and we have a solid QB next year whether we draft one or not...

Not surprised. Just a little sad.

Sort of like being sad when someone dies. You knew they would die someday, but it doesn't make it any more easy.

And with $nyder running things it does seem as if it's a death.

Sad thing is also that most of Redskin Nation will be enablers. Come on, a lot of people will B&M about the selection, but I'll bet that most everyone will give Danny a minimum of another year. When he fails, there are a lot of people here who will get off on saying I knew it. If he somehow succeeds, ALL will be forgiven. Its like the story of the condemned prisoner who puts his execution off two years by making a deal with the king to teach the king's horse to sing.

Okay, normally I would sit quietly and let the Washington Post feel good for breaking this news ... except for the fact that ES posted this information 15 days ago.

It cracks me up that the Post has a team of beat writers and columnists, and yet, a nobody from a message board (which we've been told is the scum of the Earth) beat the mighty Post to this story by more than two weeks.

Here's what I posted in an article after the Dallas trip back on Nov. 24:

We bring this debate up because we also learned some interesting news this past weekend. It seems owner Daniel Snyder has been a busy man these days. Two weeks ago, he was apparently on the sidelines of a Notre Dame practice, watching Fighting Irish quarterback Jimmy Clausen in action. This past weekend, while in Texas for the Cowboys game, Snyder personally attended the University of Texas’ thrashing of Kansas 51-20. Word is he was there to evaluate Heisman hopeful Colt McCoy.

And to recap, here's what Jason Reid posted today:

Owner Daniel Snyder and Vinny Cerrato, Washington's executive vice president of football operations, recently attended a University of Texas game to scout quarterback Colt McCoy, according to sources within the organization. Cerrato also made a trip to conduct an in-person evaluation of Notre Dame junior quarterback Jimmy Clausen, who this week declared for the draft.

So yeah ... feel free to draw your own conclusions.

It seems owner Daniel Snyder has been a busy man these days. Two weeks ago, he was apparently on the sidelines of a Notre Dame practice, watching Fighting Irish quarterback Jimmy Clausen in action. This past weekend, while in Texas for the Cowboys game, Snyder personally attended the University of Texas’ thrashing of Kansas 51-20. Word is he was there to evaluate Heisman hopeful Colt McCoy.[/b]

An

Which goes back to my anger about snyder making a game out of PLAYING NFL SCOUT!!!!

Is Bob Kraft scouting players, was Steve Biscotti scouting Joe Flacco? What a mess.

UGH, someone please get Snyder an Xbox or PS3 so he can play at home.

I agree, but...what if no one wants to sign him for that much and we get nothing then. I suppose we would have him for another year or whatever, which I guess I wouldn't be too upset about.

But I wonder for those that want him gone for certain, is it better to ask for more in hopes of getting a 1st and a 3rd (and possibly be stuck with him) or to just go for the 3rd and maybe have a better chance of getting something in return and seeing him gone.

If we don't want JC, that's the exact reason we draft a QB immediately. Put him on the bench and let him develop until his supporting cast is assembled. If we wait to draft a QB, we'll have more of the same rookie mistakes and horrible growing pains we had with JC.

If your looking for a franchise QB, you need to throw him to the wolves ASAP. If he's a true franchise-type, he WILLL survive else you find out quickly he's not. If you want a guy whose just good enough to run a good team, then you can sit him. I've rarely seen a true franchise QB you sit, at least not a high-pick guy who becomes a franchise for you.

look at it this way... once mccoy plays under center in the senior bowl then we will see how he sucks,.,,,, then no way hes gonna be able to read the d and make passes under pressure.... hell he should look at the nebraska game! if he thinks suh put a hurt and destroyed his o-line!!!! haaa wait till he gets a taste of the jersey giants dline!!!! and the philli chickens dline too! hahhah failureeeee

Scariest thing about this is Cerrato is still around. If his job is in jeopardy, why is he scouting players for the draft????!!!!!

Exactly. vinny isn't going anywhere. Who would let danny boy beat them in raquetball all the time. Who would go over to danny's house for sleep overs. Who would hang out danny then? We just think of the Skins, shouldn't we think of danny's social life?

And to recap, here's what Jason Reid posted today:

Owner Daniel Snyder and Vinny Cerrato, Washington's executive vice president of football operations, recently attended a University of Texas game to scout quarterback Colt McCoy, according to sources within the organization. Cerrato also made a trip to conduct an in-person evaluation of Notre Dame junior quarterback Jimmy Clausen, who this week declared for the draft.

So yeah ... feel free to draw your own conclusions.

wow...so what we've learned here is that Jason Reid should follow Homer McFanboy on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/homermcfanboy). He'd be able to break these stories at least 2 weeks earlier.

This kind of mismanagement can't last forever and continue to create the kinds of profits Snyder is used to. Everything has a breaking point.

Yes it does, but do you really think that the fanbase is at the tipping point yet? I don't. The buzz around here after that narrow loss last week, after a season of narrow losses this years been the same. It's one of optimism. An optimistic fans not going to turn off the tv, he's not going to stop buying tickets, he's not going to stop buying jerseys. I agree with you that there will come a time when this act does not work, I just am not sure where you stand on the time table for the revolt that you and I speak of

That's why I'm pissed.

Dan Snyder holds the purse strings. It's his team to do with what he wants. So if you get mad at him for doing what he wants why stay a fan? Do you really believe he's going to change this year simply because we went 3-9. He's going to get a new coach and a new QB, but those are things he's already changed before in the past. That's not what people want to see when looking at change for this man or his team. They want to see Snyder get out of the way and clearly he's not going to. Get pissed if you want but it's completely pointless.

To me if I owned the most profitable sports team in the nation I wouldn't simply ignore it and play Scrooge McDuck in my tower of money. I'd be in there, mixing it up, making decisions. That's because it's MY TOY. You got people out there who buy something to never open it and take it out of the wrapper and play with it in hopes that it makes money for them down the road, and you got people like me who buy that new toy and before I'm in the car driving home already ripped that sucker out of the package and already playing with it. Snyder's the same way. He want's to play with his toy, you want him to ignore it. The only way you will ever get your way is if you force Snyder to believe that greatness is awaiting him if he just gets out of the way long enough to make it happen. Until you convince him that long term happiness beats out immediate happiness he isn't ever going to change.

Sad thing is also that most of Redskin Nation will be enablers. Come on, a lot of people will B&M about the selection, but I'll bet that most everyone will give Danny a minimum of another year. When he fails, there are a lot of people here who will get off on saying I knew it. If he somehow succeeds, ALL will be forgiven. Its like the story of the condemned prisoner who puts his execution off two years by making a deal with the king to teach the king's horse to sing.

We are all enablers. If we weren't how do we justify talking about a sports team that is completely irrelevant year in and year out? Your right though, everyone will forgive everything in the past if we can just win one more title...

"Say no to McCoy! He shouldn't even be a first rounder."

McCoy will be a 2nd round pick and will be a great value there (Skins should take Okung in the first). I keep seeing people say that Colt McCoy doesn't have good arm strength....wrong. He has more than enough to be a successful NFL QB.....I have seen every game he has ever played in college and he has made all the throws.

We all know there are no sure things, but Colt's resume speaks for itself:

- Broke the freshman TD passing record

- Broke the single season % completion record

- Has won more games than any other QB in the history of college football

- Has won every bowl game

- Has won 3 of 4 in his big rivalry game against OU

I get the feeling that he could score the winning play in the upcoming National Championship game and then give birth to a golden Unicorn out of his arse in the endzone and some of you wouldn't be impressed.

Archived