Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

per RI: Mccoy and Clausen draw skins interest

cmoskins80

Good move

Fans have to start to realize that finding a QB who can throw between the 20's is pretty easy to do. That's what Jason is, he's not a closer, he's not a game winning QB, he doesn't score enough points peroid. I know that last week he threw 3 TD passes in a game but did you know in 50 games he's been able to do that just 1 other time? Did you know in those 50 games he's throw over 300 passing yards, only 6 times? That broken down into percentages is 12% of the time he can throw 300+ yards, 4% of the time he can throw 3 TD's. That's just not good enough. We can't continue to put Jason on the field and hope that he suddenly "gets it". We are 3-9 right now with Jason as the starting QB. If he hadn't have gotten hurt 2 years ago (which when he did go down with injury another QB came in and took the same Jason Campbell led team that was 5-8 at the time to the playoffs) would mean that this is his 3rd season in a row as the starting QB and has never had a single year where he led the team to a winning record. You can't simply waste more time on Jason unless he shows that he can win games. Right now all he's shown is that he is not a winning QB. We need to find us a winning QB. Good move Snyder!

hey Vinny, I see you are still employed with the Snyder Corp.

This part interests me more than the silly McCoy and Clausen chatter...

The Redskins would have to tender Campbell a contract to receive draft compensation if he signed elsewhere. Washington also could place the franchise or transition tags on Campbell instead of tendering him, but they are not expected to make either of those moves.

Campbell's minimum tender amount would be $3.14 million, according to a league source familiar with his contract situation. If the Redskins increased the offer to $3.268 million, they would first- and third-round compensation. Campbell has a salary of a little more than $2.857 million this season.

Which is why I am taking all of this with a grain of salt. Snyder isn't that stupid unless to wait out the rest of this season to see how the offense produces with Campbell under the helm.

They've said that he makes his determination based on fan reaction, and I'll tell you drafting these two college QBs would not be the wise move. Just look at Vince Young and Brady Quinn.

Good move

Fans have to start to realize that finding a QB who can throw between the 20's is pretty easy to do. That's what Jason is, he's not a closer, he's not a game winning QB, he doesn't score enough points peroid. I know that last week he threw 3 TD passes in a game but did you know in 50 games he's been able to do that just 1 other time? Did you know in those 50 games he's throw over 300 passing yards, only 6 times? That broken down into percentages is 12% of the time he can throw 300+ yards, 4% of the time he can throw 3 TD's. That's just not good enough. We can't continue to put Jason on the field and hope that he suddenly "gets it". We are 3-9 right now with Jason as the starting QB. If he hadn't have gotten hurt 2 years ago (which when he did go down with injury another QB came in and took the same Jason Campbell led team that was 5-8 at the time to the playoffs) would mean that this is his 3rd season in a row as the starting QB and has never had a single year where he led the team to a winning record. You can't simply waste more time on Jason unless he shows that he can win games. Right now all he's shown is that he is not a winning QB. We need to find us a winning QB. Good move Snyder!

I think you're missing the point of what most are saying. Snyder is out there evaluating with Cerato. This translates to Snyder picking the QB he likes best as HIS franchise guy. Actual scouts who know what they're doing make mistakes when picking quarterbacks. Our owner is out there like he knows what he's doing. Come on man!!!

Well I guess if Vinny is already scouting new players and meeting with ND officials then he will probably be back next year.

Snyder scouting players is really dangerous. It's like having some fat 14 year old boy trying to fly and operate an F-16 because he could do it on the Xbox.

Mark my words, the fiasco of this season has done nothing to change Snyder's will to continue scouting players and acting as GM. He's convinced that Zorn and Campbell are the only problems and will replace them. Cerrato will stay on to act as a beard/puppet and the same person who hired Marty, Spurrier and Zorn and picked Ramsey, Brunell and Campbell will go about the process of picking another coach/QB combo oblivious to the fact that there are other things that matter.

You missed the point of the article.

VINNY was involved in the scouting. That's what we're pissed about.

Fixed it for you ^ That's why people are pissed off but if you've ever read my posts I have said now for the past month+ that I didn't believe that Vinny would be fired in the offseason. I give the chance of him being moved to a new position but still on the team in some capasity at around 50%. You guys thinking that Snyder's suddenly going to stop being Snyder are delussional. Snyder puts who he wants around him and does it Snyder's way. He always has done this and I believe will always do it this way. He puts his own selfish feelings over the needs of the team. I am not upset that Vinny is around still nor do I believe he is going anywhere. I am also not surprised that Snyder or Vinny are scouting.

hey Vinny, I see you are still employed with the Snyder Corp.

No reason to insult me. I'm not in your camp thinking that Snyder's going to change this year. He isn't. It's time you realized that just because you want things to change doesn't mean they will. Acting as if you have any control over this franchise is silly to me.

This part interests me more than the silly McCoy and Clausen chatter...

The Redskins would have to tender Campbell a contract to receive draft compensation if he signed elsewhere. Washington also could place the franchise or transition tags on Campbell instead of tendering him, but they are not expected to make either of those moves.

Campbell's minimum tender amount would be $3.14 million, according to a league source familiar with his contract situation. If the Redskins increased the offer to $3.268 million, they would first- and third-round compensation. Campbell has a salary of a little more than $2.857 million this season.

Hmm that is interesting. I have been all for signing Campbell to a smallish deal at the end of this season, hopefully to keep him around until our team is built up enough to draft a stud QB and win with him. If any team did offer us a 1st and 3rd for him though, I would be on it in a heartbeat.

Folks, you have to continue to run your football business, scout players, make roster changes, etc. Evaluating college talent and free agents goes on all year.

Who cares about who they are scouting and whose in attendance? It really means nothing right now.

Hmm that is interesting. I have been all for signing Campbell to a smallish deal at the end of this season, hopefully to keep him around until our team is built up enough to draft a stud QB and win with him. If any team did offer us a 1st and 3rd for him though, I would be on it in a heartbeat.

I completely agree with you! That tender offer is very reasonable.:)

You guys thinking that Snyder's suddenly going to stop being Snyder are delussional. Snyder puts who he wants around him and does it Snyder's way. He always has done this and I believe will always do it this way. He puts his own selfish feelings over the needs of the team. I am not upset that Vinny is around still nor do I believe he is going anywhere. I am also not surprised that Snyder or Vinny are scouting.

Not surprised. Just a little sad.

Sort of like being sad when someone dies. You knew they would die someday, but it doesn't make it any more easy.

And with $nyder running things it does seem as if it's a death.

I think you're missing the point of what most are saying. Snyder is out there evaluating with Cerato. This translates to Snyder picking the QB he likes best as HIS franchise guy. Actual scouts who know what they're doing make mistakes when picking quarterbacks. Our owner is out there like he knows what he's doing. Come on man!!!

I feel you and no I didn't miss anything about that. What seems to be missing is the belief that we the fans have any voice in what Snyder is doing. This is not "our" team. This is Snyders team. Snyder is going to do with it what he wants to. I'm not going to get upset with a man who buys a toy and plays with it the way he wants to. If it upsets you the one thing you do have some say in is wether you watch the product or buy the merch or not. If 65% of the current viewers and shoppers stopped watching or buying things might change with Snyder, but that's not happening. All Snyder cares about is getting his way with his team. He cares about his cash cow so if you want Snyder to change then get together with fans and slaughter that cow. But until that happens your getting spun up over things that you have no control over at all.

If either one is the BPA, then I have no problem with it. The problem is who is judging the BPA. This team needs a QB for the future. Its obvious they are not going to keep JC for the long term and to be honest, its time to move on.

I just wish it was a much more qualified GM making this decision and not one Vinny Cerrato.

I feel you and no I didn't miss anything about that. What seems to be missing is the belief that we the fans have any voice in what Snyder is doing. This is not "our" team. This is Snyders team. Snyder is going to do with it what he wants to. I'm not going to get upset with a man who buys a toy and plays with it the way he wants to. If it upsets you the one thing you do have some say in is wether you watch the product or buy the merch or not. If 65% of the current viewers and shoppers stopped watching or buying things might change with Snyder, but that's not happening. All Snyder cares about is getting his way with his team. He cares about his cash cow so if you want Snyder to change then get together with fans and slaughter that cow. But until that happens your getting spun up over things that you have no control over at all.

This kind of mismanagement can't last forever and continue to create the kinds of profits Snyder is used to. Everything has a breaking point.

what makes any of you think 1 of those 2 QB's will be any good?

there have been SO MANY first round bust QB's over the years. The Redskins HAVE NEVER been successful drafting a first round QB.

the fact that any of you have any confidence that Snyder and Cerrato will pick a QB worthy of a 1st round pick is ridiculous.

it's a total waste. useless.

Archived