Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Athlete of Decade

ixcuincle

Well, who's to say Quinton Ganther doesn't start to completely tear it up and shred every defense over the next few weeks :)

I would agree, but I just read he won't start over Cartwright despite averaging more yards per carry. So looks like that is a forgone conclusion :silly:

He came into the league in 1997. This isn't Shaq. Kobe has won 4 rings this decade and amassed his stats this decade. Def. Kobe for basketball. Besides, Leron entered in 2004.

Cool down there chief, this isn't a Kobe vs. Lebron debate. I just think of Lebron when I think of basketball in the 2000s. Kobe came into the league in 1996 BTW.

Cool down there chief, this isn't a Kobe vs. Lebron debate. I just think of Lebron when I think of basketball in the 2000s. Kobe came into the league in 1996 BTW.

I'm not angry, just sayin' he's done so much more this decade than LeBron and the majority of his career has been this decade.

Exactly. They are skilled at what they do, but if they were athletes then people who play darts, bowling, and horse shoes are athletes too.

At least golfers have to walk about four miles to play a round, people who play darts, bowl, or toss horse shoes, walk about 5 feet from their chair, do about two seconds of work and sit back down. Golfing actually requires some distance in between shots.

With that said, I think Designated Hitters are not athletes by that measure, they stroll about 30 feet form the bench, get out and have to sit back down if they don't get on base, not a huge difference between them and a golfer

The decade isn't over yet
Well, there is less than a month. Are you really going to start splitting hairs ?
Well, who's to say Quinton Ganther doesn't start to completely tear it up and shred every defense over the next few weeks :)
I would agree, but I just read he won't start over Cartwright despite averaging more yards per carry. So looks like that is a forgone conclusion :silly:

Wanna take back what you said about the amazing Ganther superhero, after yesterday's start, stellar performance as a sign of things to come, and THESE outstanding reviews and threads of Ganther : :D

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=fanboard&id=ffl

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=fanboard&id=ffl&tid=6048670&lid=259

fatal1ty-mug-shot-ces-09.jpg

Since we're doing golf, Johnathan Wendel aka Fatal1ty. Five-time world champion. First ever recepient of the eSports Lifetime Achievement Award. All before the age of 29. Dude is a monster and defines not just this decade but the entire 21st Century.

I'm totally not being serious. But I want to see how many people mock me and how many get onboard. My brother is a CS professional gamer who travels the world playing in tournaments (currently in Canada, last week in Sweden) and I think it's the lamest **** ever.

Because Kobe came into the league in the middle of the 90s, Lebron seems more this decade to me.

This is your brain on Nike.

Eldrick was revealed as the AP Athlete of Decade.

Even after a shocking sex scandal that tarnished Tiger Woods, it was tough to ignore what he achieved on the golf course.

He won 64 times around the world, including 12 majors, and hoisted a trophy on every continent golf is played. He lost only one time with the lead going into the final round. His 56 PGA Tour victories in one incomparable decade were more than anyone except four of golf's greatest players won in their careers.

Woods was selected Wednesday as the Athlete of the Decade by members of The Associated Press in a vote that was more about 10 years of performance than nearly three weeks of salacious headlines.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ikX-J9szR7SvQKFtkhHIwP26dlDAD9CKFO5O0

They were discussing this in SportsCenter when I was at lunch. One thing they mentioned was that over half of the ballots came in after Tiger's scandal broke. (Although I deduce from that that nearly half of them cam in before, and that "half were received" is not the same as "half the votes were cast".)

But, yeah, I can see it. very few athletes have ever dominated their sport like Tiger did, this decade.

And the voting is for "Athlete of the Decade". Not "Who do I want my daughter to go on a date with".

They mentioned two runners-up. One was Lance Armstrong, and I think Kobe was the other.

They were discussing this in SportsCenter when I was at lunch. One thing they mentioned was that over half of the ballots came in after Tiger's scandal broke. (Although I deduce from that that nearly half of them cam in before, and that "half were received" is not the same as "half the votes were cast".)

But, yeah, I can see it. very few athletes have ever dominated their sport like Tiger did, this decade.

And the voting is for "Athlete of the Decade". Not "Who do I want my daughter to go on a date with".

They mentioned two runners-up. One was Lance Armstrong, and I think Kobe was the other.

Uhh Roger Federer come to mind. He broke the record in a decade.

Archived