Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An honest request: Please stop the name calling on Campbell

mistertim

I don't start many threads, but I read almost all of them and contribute to a lot of them. I see so many posts where people refer to him as stupid or, the current favorite, "Simple Jason", comparing him to a retarded character played in a movie (there is even a thread with that in the title). I have been a Campbell supporter in general. By mid season I was pretty much luke warm on him (even though his OL sucked), but he has shown me quite a bit in the last few games. That aside, I don't see any reason why some people feel the need to demean him so much on a personal level. The guy is not retarded, he isn't stupid, and he has shown quite a bit of toughness. I was never a fan of calling players names, no matter who it was. Is it that much to ask that we just talk about him as Jason Campbell the player as opposed to "Simple Jason" the idiot, or such? Just a thought.

Thank you for making that request. I can't get over the immaturity level here sometimes. As soon as I read any post with "Candle" or "Simple Jason", I write that person off as being equivalent in intelligence and maturity to Cerrato. I then skip to the next post.

I don't start many threads, but I read almost all of them and contribute to a lot of them. I see so many posts where people refer to him as stupid or, the current favorite, "Simple Jason", comparing him to a retarded character played in a movie (there is even a thread with that in the title). I have been a Campbell supporter in general. By mid season I was pretty much luke warm on him (even though his OL sucked), but he has shown me quite a bit in the last few games. That aside, I don't see any reason why some people feel the need to demean him so much on a personal level. The guy is not retarded, he isn't stupid, and he has shown quite a bit of toughness. I was never a fan of calling players names, no matter who it was. Is it that much to ask that we just talk about him as Jason Campbell the player as opposed to "Simple Jason" the idiot, or such? Just a thought.

Is Jason Candle ok?

are you his brother? why do you care what others call him? do you know him personally? i can only understand where you are coming from if you are a close friend or related to him. if you're not, i have no idea why you would care. he makes millions and im sure he does not give a damn what you, me or others think about him.

while you're at it, why dont you tell jason candle himself to stop insulting fans in public.

Good post. I completely agree, unfortunately the opinion on this thread is correct. Most people feel it is their duty, no matter what, to down Jason. I've been a supporter, but too was feeling a little down on him through the season. Whether the guy is the answer or not, first string or second string QB, he's making strides.

+1 to your request, mistertim.

Is Jason Candle ok?

are you his brother? why do you care what others call him? do you know him personally? i can only understand where you are coming from if you are a close friend or related to him. if you're not, i have no idea why you would care. he makes millions and im sure he does not give a damn what you, mr or others think about him.

while you're at it, why dont you tell jason candle himself to stop insulting fans in public.

I care because he is a starting player for the team I care about and I think it is sad when people get to the point where they basically start calling a player retarded, no matter who he is or how he plays. I love talking football and I love talking football with other Skins fans in this forum. But it gets old when people can't leave behind the childish insults.

I care because he is a starting player for the team I care about and I think it is sad when people get to the point where they basically start calling a player retarded, no matter who he is or how he plays. I love talking football and I love talking football with other Skins fans in this forum. But it gets old when people can't leave behind the childish insults.

did you care when people were calling brunell BOOnell?

callig or making up names (negative or positive) for a player whether he is on the team you root for or against is and has been part of the game for ever. it is much of a tradition as bringing signs to games. some poeple get more frsutrated than others. some people are more competetive than others. some people let their emotions get to them than others. what ever the circustance is, it has and always will be part of the game. if people want to do it, let them. they are not harming anyone physically. at the end of the day, its all fun and games.

Is Jason Candle ok?

are you his brother? why do you care what others call him? do you know him personally? i can only understand where you are coming from if you are a close friend or related to him. if you're not, i have no idea why you would care. he makes millions and im sure he does not give a damn what you, me or others think about him.

annnndddd here they come folks...:doh:

I completely agree. I've been a Campbell supporter last season and the first part of this season, and I finally turned on him a few weeks back, I think around the Philly game.

Turning on him just means I support a change, it doesn't mean stooping to the level of calling him "simple." I saw one jerk (don't remember who) that had a photoshop in his sig of Campbell's head on a farmer with the title "Simple Jason" and the caption "You should never go full retard" or something to that effect.

Things like that are why I could never be a moderator; that kind of childishness would have gotten that poster run for a few weeks, minimum. It bothers me that people can be such (to me) failures at basic decency. Stuff like that goes beyond humor and good taste.

Anyway, good luck OP, I fully support the idea. Too many people on here who think they're witty and original for this to work, but good luck anyway.

Archived