Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An honest request: Please stop the name calling on Campbell

mistertim

Turning on him just means I support a change, it doesn't mean stooping to the level of calling him "simple." I saw one jerk (don't remember who) that had a photoshop in his sig of Campbell's head on a farmer with the title "Simple Jason" and the caption "You should never go full retard" or something to that effect.

Things like that are why I could never be a moderator; that kind of childishness would have gotten that poster run for a few weeks, minimum.

Have you ever seen Tropic Thunder? :)

Yeah, seen the movie, and that part was offensive to a lot of people as well. I didn't find it funny then, and find it infuriating when applied to our QB. I mean, you can insult anyone's intelligence, but what are the reasons behind it? I don't think I can argue the validity of my claim. It's more of a suspicion that had haunted me throughout this past year + of Campbell bashing. I still can't shake the notion that there's at least some sort of double standard at play here. Maybe it's so subversive that I sound crazy, but it's there and I think Jason might agree.

I can understand being offended, but to think there's a racial connotation? Like I said, how do you explain the intelligence of Patrick Ramsey and Jeff George being questioned on this very board? How about Rex Grossman, who was called a "retarded vagina" on national television despite being the quarterback of a team that went to the Super Bowl and having less starts than Jason Campbell? That's not to mention portrayals of Rex Grossman as simply "retarded" or being a "mental midget" in the media, let alone from typical fans. I'm pretty sure they're not black.

Have you ever seen Tropic Thunder? :)

Nope, I'm not a fan of Ben Stiller. I already saw another post where that's apparently based off one of his characters, but I still think it was a pretty jerk thing to have for a sig, considering the things people say about Campbell.

Fair enough. I'm biased, obviously. Always been a Campbell supporter. I think that he's shown he's got at least enough smarts to digest playbook after playbook, while continuing to improve his game. Some people have 0 perspective on QB play. It's easy to think these guys are extraordinary in the highlight reel culture of sports media coverage. It's easy to regurgitate the opinions of talking heads. I for one, believe in the potential of our QB and our offense in general. If we can add the right personnel to shore up our pass pro and our run blocking, then I STILL believe Jason will win games or us. I just hope he gets the chance.

to you and the OP. so then why are you singling out jason candle? why arent you or others creating a thread that says "stop calling cerrato and snyder names" ive seen many posts and threads where posters are calling them names and even worse stuff than jason candle.

what's fair is fair no? by singling out candle, you come off so bias that it isnt even funny anymore.

1) It's not supposed to be funny.

2) Two wrongs make a right?

3) "Candle" is easily the most pervasive. Where are names against Snyder or Vinny aside from "The Danny" or "Vinny" or "Snyderatto"?

Mocking any player/person's name is stupid and childish, always. Using the excuse "Well everyone does it!" is even moreso.

I can understand being offended, but to think there's a racial connotation? Like I said, how do you explain the intelligence of Patrick Ramsey and Jeff George being questioned on this very board? How about Rex Grossman, who was called a "retarded vagina" on national television despite being the quarterback of a team that went to the Super Bowl and having less starts than Jason Campbell? That's not to mention portrayals of Rex Grossman as simply "retarded" or being a "mental midget" in the media, let alone from typical fans. I'm pretty sure they're not black.

I never felt or implied a racial connotation at all. It was just the fact that some people seemed to feel the need to liken our starting QB to a retarded character that gets me a bit irked. What is the purpose? It isn't like it is just a passing phase or a joke from one thread. It is pervasive. "He is stupid" "He is slow", etc. I'm all for debating the football aspects of things (and I have both my praises and concerns about Campbell) but using little names as some sort of demeaning undercurrent is getting annoying. Is it really necessary?

Is Jason Candle ok?

are you his brother? why do you care what others call him? do you know him personally? i can only understand where you are coming from if you are a close friend or related to him. if you're not, i have no idea why you would care. he makes millions and im sure he does not give a damn what you, me or others think about him.

while you're at it, why dont you tell jason candle himself to stop insulting fans in public.

It's mostly used by the immature Campbell bashers.

A perfect case in point.

1) It's not supposed to be funny.

2) Two wrongs make a right?

3) "Candle" is easily the most pervasive. Where are names against Snyder or Vinny aside from "The Danny" or "Vinny" or "Snyderatto"?

Mocking any player/person's name is stupid and childish, always. Using the excuse "Well everyone does it!" is even moreso.

It's not funny to who? to you? but im not you. again, everybody is different. i thought the commerical was hilarious. u didnt think so? man, no humor with these guys. the way some of you come off here on the internet make me think you guys are hardcore religious people. but u can be whoever you want on the internet right? lol

and that goes back to my point. name calling or giving a nick has and always will be part of the game. if you dont like it, dont pay attention to it. when we give nick names to cowgirls , iggles and giants players, i hope u have the same sentiment since you said name calling is stupid and chidlish. this is football. one of my childhood upbringing. on sundays, when im in football mode, it gives me a chance to be a little childish and be a little kid again. football brings out the kid in me. is that wrrong?

just because i use jason candle doesnt mean, ur smarter or more prude than i am. it doesnt make you nor me anything more than what we are. the ebst thing to do is bite your tongue and let us or all jason candle name callers who we are. it's childish to tell other gorwn men what they should say or do. u're certainly not going to tell me what to say or state what i feel about jason candle's career as a redskin;s QB.

It's not funny to who? to you? but im not you. again, everybody is different. i thought the commerical was hilarious. u didnt think so? man, no humor with these guys. the way some of you come off here on the internet make me think you guys are hardcore religious people. but u can be whoever you want on the internet right? lol

and that goes back to my point. name calling or giving a nick has and always will be part of the game. if you dont like it, dont pay attention to it. when we give nick names to cowgirls , iggles and giants players, i hope u have the same sentiment since you said name calling is stupid and chidlish. this is football. one of my childhood upbringing. on sundays, when im in football mode, it gives me a chance to be a little childish and be a little kid again. football brings out the kid in me. is that wrrong?

just because i use jason candle doesnt mean, ur smarter or more prude than i am. it doesnt make you nor me anything more than what we are. the ebst thing to do is bite your tongue and let us or all jason candle name callers who we are. it's childish to tell other gorwn men what they should say or do. u're certainly not going to tell me what to say or state what i feel about jason candle's career as a redskin;s QB.

Do you think Jason Campbell is retarded?

"The Danny" or "Snyderrato" pales in comparison to "retard"

i've heard pepople called napoleon midget, bugeyed retard.... Me perosnally, i've only used jason candle but the fact is, if someone wants to refer jason or anybody else as a retard, its their right. you can not tell him or her what to say. and if you feel same about calling players names or giving nick is childisn and immature, then make sure you do the same when opponent players are being called names by redskins fans.

It is wrong and you look like an idiot. I never, ever call a player (who is a person before he's a player) by a name regardless of uniform. Want to know why? Because I'm not seven anymore, even on Sundays. Oh, and in case you forgot: It's not Sunday.

Your statements don't even make any sense. It's childish to point out that you're being childish? Do you see the circular argument there?

People who call others names look like idiots. If you're okay with that, then have fun with it, and don't expect me to stop pointing out how stupid and childish you look each and every time.

i've heard pepople called napoleon midget, bugeyed retard.... Me perosnally, i've only used jason candle but the fact is, if someone wants to refer jason or anybody else as a retard, its their right. you can not tell him or her what to say. and if you feel same about calling players names or giving nick is childisn and immature, then make sure you do the same when opponent players are being called names by redskins fans.

All of those are equally childish.

Calling any other player on any team names is equally childish.

Using a veiled variation of, "Well everybody else does it!" is equally childish.

I'm scratching my head on this one... too much contradiction happening here.

Do you think Jason Campbell is retarded?

never called him a retard myself. jason candle is what i use. but i thought u had problem with people calling him nams in general. what is it? make up ur mind. im confused buddy. if the word retard is ur problem and u do not have any issues with "Jason Candle," this conversation is over.

edit: and when people actually do use the term " retard" do you actually think they really think Candle is a retard?

never called him a retard myself. jason candle is what i use. but i thought u had problem with people calling him nams in general. what is it? make up ur mind. im confused buddy. if the word retard is ur problem and u do not have any issues with "Jason Candle," this conversation is over.

You're trying to get out of everything with semantics. A straight question. Do you think that calling people names is a good thing or bad thing?

Uhhhhhhhhh can someone explain the Candle bit for those in the lurking section?? Ive been an avid reader of this Forum and always wondered what it meant.

JC is more of a man than most of us here on this board. To call the guy "retarded" is quite retarded in itself. No I've never met the man, so maybe I don't have the right to defend him. But I'm betting most haters have never met him either, but its ok to bash his intelligence?

How does that work?

:hysterical:

Holy crap. That is two straight times I've agreed with BLC. Watch out. The world is coming to an end.

its bizzaro week.

- skins score 30 points

- campbell has the best game of his career

- devin thomas comes out of nowhere (he was the TOP fantasy receiver this weekend in the NFL)

- you and i have agreed twice in one day

i just looked out my windows, its raining frogs!

Archived