Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sec 142 Banner - "Worst Owner Ever"

MarkB452

If that is the case, the big fat guy who kept standing up the whole game a few rows in front of me should lose his seats also. You talk about an obstructed view.

Not to mention that the Skins sell seats that are directly behind concrete pillars.

But yeah, I'm all for the spirit of the signs, but people need to use common sense with them. Would have been better to unfurl this during a TV timeout.

Of course, given the amount of times I see people choose to enter or exit their seats while a play is in progress, nothing surprises me.

Not to mention that the Skins sell seats that are directly behind concrete pillars.

But yeah, I'm all for the spirit of the signs, but people need to use common sense with them. Would have been better to unfurl this during a TV timeout.

Of course, given the amount of times I see people choose to enter or exit their seats while a play is in progress, nothing surprises me.

I was in section 215 row 5 and this guy was bigger than a pillar, so I guess that section and row can be classified as an obstructive view.

If that is the case, the big fat guy who kept standing up the whole game a few rows in front of me should lose his seats also. You talk about an obstructed view.
A person is not a sign. There is no restriction against fat-asses. There is a restriction on bringing in any man-made item that would obstruct another patrons view. Even when it is piss-pouring the rain, no umbrellas are allowed.

This thread is full of whine.

These guys held up a sign, unless it actually blocked your view, than what's the big deal?

It did block the view of every patron seated in the row behind them. Do these guys have a right to complain? Or is your right to protest the owner by breaking rules explicitly stated to you as a ticket holder take precedence over others? I am all for protesting, but do it within the rules.

where abouts in 242??

Either beside, or directly below us ;)

It did block the view of every patron seated in the row behind them. Do these guys have a right to complain? Or is your right to protest the owner by breaking rules explicitly stated to you as a ticket holder take precedence over others? I am all for protesting, but do it within the rules.

The sign was pretty big when they unfurled it and they were holding up high enough for the folks in Snyders box to see, so that was a dick move to the fans who were sitting behind them and trying to enjoy the game.

If I was sitting directly behind those guys, I would've been seriously pissed.

I thought it was kind of stupid.

Either beside, or directly below us ;)

The sign was pretty big when they unfurled it and they were holding up high enough for the folks in Snyders box to see, so that was a dick move to the fans who were sitting behind them and trying to enjoy the game.

If I was sitting directly behind those guys, I would've been seriously pissed.

I thought it was kind of stupid.

Agreed, I would have probably caused a ruckus if I were in the row(s) directly behind them.

and I also agree that it was stoopid!

Well, of course Skins fans booed when the offense was kneeling to square away the win against the Rams.

No one has ever accused FedEx denizens of being the brightest fans around.

Yeah because the skins deserved to be cheered at the end of that game due to the monumental effort they put forward. :doh:

Ha, I'm glad the team drove down the field and scored when these guys held the sign up.

Owned.

So one touchdown (or one win) makes up for a decade of mediocrity? Sweet. I didn't get the memo. Now I'll forget that this team is about to enter a multiyear rebuilding process because this owner has refused to address glaring issues.

The players apparently are amused by this kind of stuff. They were laughing at the "Dumb and Dumber" signs in Atlanta. I don't think they scored a touchdown to get back at the people holding that sign.

I hate the owner as much as the rest of you, but he owns the stadium. I wouldn't allow people on my property to mock me.

Also the timing was silly at the end of our best game of the season against the best opponent we've faced all year.

What people can't people say ghetto anymore?

:doh:

Just so you know, Memorial Stadium where the Colts use to play, was smack dab in the middle of the ghetto. This area is now one of the most dangerous crime ridden areas in the country.

I didn't "feel" anything wrong with the posting there.

But I think the person who replied commenting about it's use was probably reading it as though "ghetto" was being used as more of an adjective. Reading the original sentence it does appear that this would be a reasonable interpretation given it's positioning in the sentence.

It would have been more appropriate and clear to say "moved out of the ghetto" versus the phrase "ghetto move out"

The former implies an interpretation consistent with the quoted text above (assuming it is true, I don't know). The later could be interpreted (rightfully) by many that the word "ghetto" was to imply "something done by the type of people who would live in a ghetto" which may indeed be a little offensive.

So while I don't believe any harm was meant or intended in the original post there, and I didn't notice it upon reading it, I can understand how others may have assumed a different intent due to the awkward english.

Excellent job on the sign! and yea we were winning at the time.. so that makes everything better all of a sudden?

Still in last place, still got embarrassed by the lions and chiefs. Still have barely any young talent. still can't draft. Still need a competent GM. untill Vinny is fired, you can argue that he is the worst owner ever.

I didn't "feel" anything wrong with the posting there.

But I think the person who replied commenting about it's use was probably reading it as though "ghetto" was being used as more of an adjective. Reading the original sentence it does appear that this would be a reasonable interpretation given it's positioning in the sentence.

It would have been more appropriate and clear to say "moved out of the ghetto" versus the phrase "ghetto move out"

The former implies an interpretation consistent with the quoted text above (assuming it is true, I don't know). The later could be interpreted (rightfully) by many that the word "ghetto" was to imply "something done by the type of people who would live in a ghetto" which may indeed be a little offensive.

So while I don't believe any harm was meant or intended in the original post there, and I didn't notice it upon reading it, I can understand how others may have assumed a different intent due to the awkward english.

in other words, the word "ghetto" needs to be added to the list of politicaly incorrect words because people are way to sensative?

:laugh:

Yeah because the skins deserved to be cheered at the end of that game due to the monumental effort they put forward. :doh:

I don't expect overwhelming cheers after a game like that, but if the home team has more points than the opposition at the end of the game, booing is just ignorant.

i sit in section 101 and as they unvailed that during the game i turned to the owner's box and saw Tanyia Snyder standing there looking at in and replied by giving them a mock thumbs up...Later when people were booing Danny I saw her just nodding her head as she was clueless to the fan's backlash against her man.

I also think the owner who snuck his Brown's out of Cleveland in the middle of the night despite the loyalty and fervor of those fans was a terrible owner. It's the reason I can't get my head around rooting for the Ravens.

You're actually thinking of Bob Irsay and the Baltimore Colts on the Mayflower Truck on a snowy 2:00am morning out of Baltimore, headed for Indy.

Modell hardly snuck the Browns out of Cleveland. They only had about 5 years of advanced notice so they could do something to keep them.

Irsay and Angelos make the Danny look like a saint. it's not even close.

Archived