Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you want: 2010 Offensive Free Agent List

iMeast

Isn't Pennington done? I thought I heard his arm is all shot to hell. And he never really had one to begin with.

Never the strongest arm, but he's always been pretty accurate.

I don't know if he is or not, but he's been injury prone through his career. I might be wrong, but I don't think he's gotten through a full 16 game season yet.

I was just grasping at a pretty darn poor list man. And as we're liable to be looking to fill at least two QB slots, he looked about the best experience wise, shrugs.

Hail.

Never the strongest arm, but he's always been pretty accurate.

I don't know if he is or not, but he's been injury prone through his career. I might be wrong, but I don't think he's gotten through a full 16 game season yet.

I was just grasping at a pretty darn poor list man. And as we're liable to be looking to fill at least two QB slots, he looked about the best experience wise, shrugs.

Hail.

Oh I'm totally with you. If Pennington can still play (and I'm reading now that he MIGHT retire depending on how rehab goes) he would be a great QB to have to help school a rookie QB. I think Pennington will probably be a coach somewhere pretty shortly.

That the list is full of quality running backs and devoid of any QBs should be a message to the FO - don't overpay on running backs. A genuinely good QB would only get on the list if he were second string to a better QB. No one is going to let a quality QB starter go (unless he's Bret Farve old). And if he's second string, and quality, they would have traded him already for picks.

If JC and his agent sit down and honestly discuss which teams he might start for, there is only one - the Skins. He'd be better off staying here on a one year contract. Even if a rookie was brought in, JC would probably start - so he'd get another chance to prove himself.

Oh I'm totally with you. If Pennington can still play (and I'm reading now that he MIGHT retire depending on how rehab goes) he would be a great QB to have to help school a rookie QB. I think Pennington will probably be a coach somewhere pretty shortly.

Then in that case, does he want a start coaching at his position?

We're gona' be needing a new one of them too come January.

Hail.

That the list is full of quality running backs and devoid of any QBs should be a message to the FO - don't overpay on running backs. A genuinely good QB would only get on the list if he were second string to a better QB. No one is going to let a quality QB starter go (unless he's Bret Farve old). And if he's second string, and quality, they would have traded him already for picks.

Exactly. People like to point to Brees but the only reason Brees hit free agency was because the Chargers had taken Rivers after Brees had an absolutely ****ty year the season before. Brees rebounded but still had his ups and downs so they eventually went with Rivers. Brees went to New Orleans and subsequently blew up. As did Rivers. Lucky ****s.

man if we could get one or any combination of these that would b great: jahri evans, marcus mcneil, Tyson clabo, Harvey dahl.

If there's no cap there's a serious chance at least two of them will be free agents and we would have the money to re sign them. Getting three of them would be long term solutions to LT, RG, RT.

A lot of the guys on that list will be resigned and never come close to free agency. Plus if there is no new CBA players need an extra year of the younger guys on the OPs list will actually become restricted free agenct not unrestricted. Jason Campbell and Carlos Rogers fall into that category for us for example.

Also there may be a couple of QBs released who are not free agents who could be short term sticking plasters - Marc Bulger and Alex Smith come to mind.

It way early to start speculating about who might be available. We do need to pick up at least one and probably two starting O'lineman from free agency though as well as at least one in the first couple of rounds of the draft.

A lot of the guys on that list will be resigned and never come close to free agency. Plus if there is no new CBA players need an extra year of the younger guys on the OPs list will actually become restricted free agenct not unrestricted. Jason Campbell and Carlos Rogers fall into that category for us for example.

Also there may be a couple of QBs released who are not free agents who could be short term sticking plasters - Marc Bulger and Alex Smith come to mind.

It way early to start speculating about who might be available. We do need to pick up at least one and probably two starting O'lineman from free agency though as well as at least one in the first couple of rounds of the draft.

Nice post as usual MartinC.

In years past, I would have been very interested in Marc Bulger, but now he's changed. He doesn't seem to be as accurate as he used to be -- probably too many beatings behind that O-line of his.

I haven't seen enough of Alex Smith to say anything.

I mentioned Stanton because of what I saw of him in the combines, and in a few short appearances. He looks like he's buried on the roster. And considering the the Lions might resign Culpepper as backup, and how they have their top-pick Stafford as their starting QB --maybe Detroit might be willing to deal Stanton.

I may be the only one to think this, but it seems to me that Garcia (who we could have here now) would be the perfect stop gap QB and a great mentor to either Bradford, Claussen, Snead, McCoy, or Tebow.

He'll be 40 next year, the line will still suck, and unless there is a plan to keep him until he's 42, he won't be around to mentor anyone - unless by mentoring you mean he can tell the new guys war stories while he's in traction after a game.

Archived