Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep em, Trade em....Your top 3 for each

walker77

Dude it is pretty clear you are not reading.......... So I will leave as you do not understand............ Have fun with him!

If you feel this way why even post?

I will when CP is top 3 in the NFL ..funny how you and the others will slowly start to come back on CP sack..:evilg:

Keep: Cooley, Fletcher and Orakpo. Trade Rogers if anyone will take him from you. Trade Moss back to the Jets. Trade Fred Davis -Mr. Chestpumping man to Al Davis for a third round pick. Have to trade Fred this week while his trade value is so "high" - he dropped one touchdown and caught one touchdown; exposed on MNF for being unable to block at all by the tv commentators and made fun of by Chucky on several occasions. In fact Chucky said he was not ready for prime time football at this point.

I know we're only supposed to go with three, but I just mocked up the whole team as it is. I'll put the ones I most want to keep in italics and the ones I most want gone in italics, just to follow the rules a little. ;)

Keep

Albright

Alexander

Barnes

Blades

Cooley

Davis

Dockery

Doughty

Fletcher Older, but the heart and soul of the defense (and team)

Golston

Hall

Haynesworth

Horton

Jarmon I'm hoping for big things out of him

Kelly

McIntosh

Mitchell

W.Montgomery

Moore

Orakpo I think we've got a good one here

Smith

Suisham

D.Thomas

Wilson

Brennan

Yoder

Trade Value These are the guys I think have value

Landry

Cooley (Don’t want to trade him, but he’s got value)

Moss

Carter

Release/Trade End of contract, injury, age, just ain’t cutting it

Campbell

Daniels

Wynn

Collins

A.Montgomery I would've prefered Dixon over him to start with.

Rabach

Samuels

R.Thomas

Rogers

Sellers He used to be one of my favorites, too, such a shame.

Randle El

Landry I know it's a bit bold, but I think his stock is still high and I don't think he will pan out. He's the one guy on this list that I think we could trade

Either way depending upon depth A lot of these guys would be casualties under perfect circumstances, but being realistic it might be good to keep them around.

Tryon

Batiste

Betts

Portis

Cartwright

Ganther (I guess, I really know nothing about him)

Griffin

Henson

Heyer

Jones

Rinehart

Westbrook

Moss

Carter

Trade Portis-Start Betts and sign Leon Washington or draft Demps from Florida or CJ Spiller as a 3rd down back. Keep Mason as backup.

Trade Randle El and cut Cartwright. Neither benefit the team. They are serviceable players.

Draft OL or sign any free agents. Cut Heyer, Thomas, and Rabach.

Let Rogers leave in Free Agency for cap room.

Campbell will nor re-sign. Draft a QB!

Possibly trade Carter. Orakpo could take over and Chris Wilson could play OLB.

Cut Griff too to save money.

Teach Landry how to choose angles.

Fire Vinny or let him oversee the janitorial staff and hire a real GM.

Let the GM hire the Coach.

Trade Portis-Start Betts and sign Leon Washington or draft Demps from Florida or CJ Spiller as a 3rd down back. Keep Mason as backup.

Trade Randle El and cut Cartwright. Neither benefit the team. They are serviceable players.

Draft OL or sign any free agents. Cut Heyer, Thomas, and Rabach.

Let Rogers leave in Free Agency for cap room.

Campbell will nor re-sign. Draft a QB!

Possibly trade Carter. Orakpo could take over and Chris Wilson could play OLB.

Cut Griff too to save money.

Teach Landry how to choose angles.

Fire Vinny or let him oversee the janitorial staff and hire a real GM.

Let the GM hire the Coach.

Keep:

Haynesworth (Makes everyone around him on the DL better and too much vested)

Rogers (We can't let him go because he is solid in most cases and don't want to use a draft pick to replace him)

Devin Thomas (Because he's up and coming and gives us a big target at WR)

Trade:

Landry (Probably one of the worst tacklers I've seen and is a non-factor on defense)

Portis (Because he has lost his step and we need some mid round draft picks to replace the O-Line)

Cooley (Because we can get a high draft pick for him to replace the O-Line and have Fred Davis who is younger and can step up)

I will not include players aquired in 2009 as they would and should be kept. So I'll target players that some think should be let go or are nearing the end of their contracts.

Keep

Cartwright (one of few on offense still trying - ie need the attitude)

McIntosh

Moss

Trade

Landry

Rogers (if still restricted)

Carter (Lots of Sacks could get us something)

Keep

Haynesworth

Orakpo

Carter

Trade/Cut/Whatever

Portis

Campbell

Moss

Why trade Carter? Arguably our best performer on defense. We don't need to deconstruct the defense to create an offense, especially in an uncapped year and we will be getting a top 5 pick.

You don't trade Cooley, he is young and consistant. You hope Davis shows that he is a starting caliber player and ship him off. Picking Davis was a waste. If he was on another team he could already be an upper echelon TE.

On D

Keep everyone but Carlos but he's a FA anyway so whatever.. See if you can get a value pick for Horton nothing lower than a 4th. Keep our line and linebackers.. but improve the depth behind them. I'd say get rid of Hall too but what are the odds there will be two quality CB's available to replace them? We need our top picks for QB and oline..

On Offense..

Get rid of everyone accept Moss, Cooley, Dock, if there is no cap then cut CP eat the loss and move forwards.. We need to find a bigger more physical back.. Despite what some say CP is NOT a power runner. He is a slash back and that isn't working, with either need to get rid of him or find a large true change of pace back that can grind out the tough yards.

Keep:

Cooley - While very tradeable, I think we need to keep him. Still young, very good, and overall well rounded TE. Good routes, catching, blocking, etc.

Haynesworth - Without talking about whether or not he is worth the money, his presence makes our D-Line SO much better.

Orakpo - Is the potential to be an incredible player. I cant wait to see him develop into the beast we all know is in there.

Honorable Mention: London Fletcher - The most consistently solid player on our team (along with Cooley). He is an all out hustler, great tackler, is very intelligent, a team leader, and always where he should be on the field. He is probably to old to get a trade worth anywhere near what his leadership brings to our offense.

Trade:

LaRon Landry - Has not looked good this season. Constantly flying in on bad angles and trying to make big hits (and missing) instead of actually tackling the runner.

Carlos Rodgers - Also not impressed by him this season. We've all known that he has board hands, but he doesnt seem to be able to cover this year at all. This goes for LaRon too. For both of them, I dont know if this percieved downturn in their abilities has to do with their actual play or the fact that they are being required to play 15 yards off of the recievers.

Jason Campbell - Obviously not going to work here. His decision making is FAR too slow and indecisive. He plays like he is afraid to throw the ball. Hopefully we can get some poor team to trade a really late round pick for him. Maybe someone out there might need a backup like Jason, but I doubt it. Either way, he cant stay here.

Honorable Mention: Andre Carter - He is going to have a banner year, as having Fat Albert next to him is giving him constant single blockers and easy looks at the QB. Since we have possible good young backups at this position, it couldnt hurt to see if we could trade him off for a decent pick, like we should have done with Betts after the season that Portis was out and he stepped up big. At the same time, we shouldnt get rid of him for next to nothing.

Archived