Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep em, Trade em....Your top 3 for each

walker77

The value guys likes Rogers, Landry and Carter have far more value to us than they would on the block .

Of the players left I really don't see any trade value...

Cooley will be a discount deal given his injury and given TG only raised a second last season then Cooley would maybe get a 4th ... again worth more to us .

Moss is horribly inconsistent but how much is that the QB ... his bigger brother got a 4th a few years back ( I have no idea how we missed out on that) would maybe get a 5th or 6th .. again is worth more to us than anyone else .

The only guy I would be looking at to trade would be Campbell I think someone would give up a late second for a guy who would at worst be a decent backup ... if we stick with him .

Then we have bit players ... no value there ...

KEEP

1} Moss--not his fault his qb can't get him the ball

2} Cooley-- he's the best receiver outside of Moss

3} Betts--3rd down screens are his best attributes, and can spell CP

TRADE

1}Landry--keeps striking out trying to make the "home run" hit, poor tackling skills, takes bad angles

2}Carlos Rogers--I shouldn't have to explain why, his "lack" of skills speak for themselves, including cannot catch, gets burned on big plays, and smiles after he gets burned, which really burns me

3}Thomas & Kelly--could be the product of a poor qb, but lacks skills in route running, giving up on plays and routes, cannot catch unless they're wide open { may be able to get a ham sammich combo for this combo}

4}good ol' Jason Campbell--his playing skills SURELY speak for themselves! slow release, tunnel vision, fumble-itis, only sees 1 receiver the entire play, oh hell I could go on and on with this one...

I know some of you are saying to trade Cooley because he has trade value, but the guy is a stud. I would rather see them trade Davis instead if they are going to trade a TE.

Cooley is one of the Skins that has personality and I think that helps the team off the field as much as on it. Can you say the same about most of the other players?

Trade

Landry - Has he ever made a big play? Trade him and get something decent.

Malcolm Kelly/Devon Thomas - Get whatever you can for these two. They literally contribute nothing and even if they net the value of a third rounder COMBINED I will take it.

Keep (regardless of if we could even trade them realistically or not, these guys are awesome)

Haynesworth - Right now I think he's the most important and best player on the team

Cooley - I think he's the only offensive player that defenses respect anymore, and with good reason.

Orakpo - Just use him properly. Kids a beast in training.

Keep:

Orakpo (as DE)

Haynesworth (to much invested)

Cooley (our best stud on offense)

Trade:

Moss (painfull but he could land us a #1, #2 or #3 I would think)

Portis (his best days our behind him, but I think there is a clause in his contract that prevents this. Maybe get a 2nd, 3rd or 4th)

Rogers (He can cover usually, should be worth at least a 2nd or 3rd)

I would keep everyone but the following cuts and trades:

Trade: Cooley (He has 1st round value and we need an OL and Davis will be fine)

Trade: Landry (He has 2nd to 3rd round value and we need an OL and Moore will be fine)

Cut: ARE, Thomas (Randy), Campbell, Betts, Rabach, Samuels (retirement), Wynn, Daniels, Smoot.

FA: Get another CB, and a SAM (move Orakpo to DE fulltime)

Resign Collins and Colt and draft QB in 2011. Build the OL in 2010 with our two 1sts, and two 2nds from the trades.

Those people with Cooley and Portis on their trade list are more ridiculous than Vinny.

HTTR

OKAY............. KEEP THOSE BLINDERS ON !!! You might not like what you see.

EDIT: I think we should keep Cooley, CP is trade bait if we get anything for him.... maybe a third rounder???? RB's are a dime a dozen. (Look at Cedric Benson)

Hopefully this hasn't been discussed before but obviously next the Redskins SHOULD look totally different next year. Who are your top 3 you would you keep next year to build upon and who are your top 3 you would you trade for more picks?

Keep:

Orakpo (as DE)

Haynesworth (to much invested)

Cooley (our best stud on offense)

Trade:

Moss (painfull but he could land us a #1, #2 or #3 I would think)

Portis (his best days our behind him, but I think there is a clause in his contract that prevents this. Maybe get a 2nd, 3rd or 4th)

Rogers (He can cover usually, should be worth at least a 2nd or 3rd)

Ummmm, you do know that Rogers is a free agent at the end of the year.

Number one, the problem with Portis can't be determined without an offensive line. You can speculate all you want that it's Portis that's lost a step, but it's probably more likely that it's the OLine who have dropped 15 steps since he got here.

Number two, it's tough to trade a known quantity (Carlos Rogers) for an unknown (any 3rd rund CB). Most fans tend to think every corner we draft is going to be the next Champ Bailey or the next Darrell Green. Hint: it ain't happening. All you've done is get rid of a guy with stone hands and very good coverage skills and traded them for a guy who might have some talent that can be developed in 2 or 3 years and might be better than Rogers and might not cost the Skins two touchdowns a game. Too many 'mights'. Even the best CB's get burned. Don't be in such a hurry to trade the car that runs decent for the one with the fancy stereo.

Number 3, even if you could dump all 53 and save the half dozen who really shine, you wouldn't want to. The problem with the OL, as it has been for 10 years, is that the drop off in talent from first string to second string is not a short leap. It's a 40 foot cliff, and it killed us agian this year. Heyer is terrible. He was terrible when he came out of college and 3 years later, he's still terrible. But you can't get rid of him until you have someone better. That's the mistake they made with Jansen. As his skills diminished, not only did they have no one in the wings to replace him, but when his talent became less than Heyer's (if it ever did), then he was the perfect person for depth on the OL. Somehow Vinny got the idea that bringing in Dockery and Big Mike Williams solved his OL problems. That's about as clueless as you can get for the guy who brags about the Super Bowl rings he has that somebody else won for him.

So what do the Skns do? You go OL and you go to there often for the next 2 or 3 drafts. Use your draft picks to generate more draft picks, now and in the future. Keep the talent you have elsewhere. Mike Williams actually made a couple of good blocks last night, more than I've seen from Heyer all year and last year too. Keep the new acquisition Jones. The loss of Samuels means we need a high pick to replace him and there are only two tackles worthy of that, Okung from OK and Williams from OK St. But if you miss out on them, trade this year's first for a first from next year and a late first round or high second round pick this year. Get a Jon Asamoah or a Mike Johnson as a quality guard, or see if you can get value from the second tier of OT's, like USC's Brown or Iowa's Bulaga. Then next year get that elite Left OT and find a center. Last year was a bumper crop for centers and the Skins got none. This year they're all undersized like Rabach so don't bother.

But avoid trading knowns for unknowns.

JMHO.

Keep Cp-he is 5 yrads away from being 6th..and WHO IN THE **** IS GOING TO REPLACE HIM? WHY WASTE TIME ON THAT POSITION?WHO WILL BE BETTER? FIX THE OLINE CP IS GOING TO GET 1500:chair:

TRADE-AC,LANDRY,ROGERS

CUT-WYNN,PD,ARE

I thought Mason had more fire in him than CP did. CP just falls to ground when ever contact gets close.

That's not really the point, we have to get value for him or we are just blowing smoke up our ass.

I thought Mason had more fire in him than CP did. CP just falls to ground when ever contact gets close.

That's not really the point, we have to get value for him or we are just blowing smoke up our ass.

so go into next season looking to replace a 1500 yrd RB , a PRO BOWL RB(7th in the NFL and 5 yrds away from 6th)? don't adress the Oline... if you were the GM(vinny is this you?)you would rather waste time looking for a RB.Because if we ge ta new Rb then we go to the Superbowl right?:doh:

New Rb can he block in pass protection?does he fumble?does he have heart?can he get his no matter what like CP? Can he run behind this oline? how will he stand 300 carries straight up the gut? Will he have success facing a 8th in the box D EVERY GAME?

do you gamble? I will love to gamble against you someday...:laugh::laugh:

I guess you would cut CP and Make Mason the starter?LMAo..the world is a ghetto

so go into next season looking for a 1500 yrd RB to replace a PRO BOWL RB(7th in the NFL and 5 yrds away from 6th)? dont adress the Oline if you were the GM(vinny is this you?)you would rather waste time looking for a RB.Because if we ge ta new Rb then we go to the Superbowl right?:doh:

New rb can he block?does he fumble?does he have heart?can he get his no matter what like CP? Can he run behind this oline? how will he stand 300 carries straight up the gut? Will he have success facing a 8th in the box D EVERY GAME?

do you gamble? I will love to gamble against you someday...:laugh::laugh:

I think it is a given that everybody knows the oline is a problem. CP is getting slower, a drama queen, if we can get value for that is great.

As far as becoming the 6th leading rusher...... Who freaking cares!!! I want to win consistently. That attitude is what got us in this situation.

The Pats are a perfect example of how to run a team. Get rid of the top guys while still have value, not when they are at the bottom of the pile.

I think it is a given that everybody knows the oline is a problem. CP is getting slower, a drama queen, if we can get value for that is great.

As far as becoming the 6th leading rusher...... Who freaking cares!!! I want to win consistently. That attitude is what got us in this situation.

The Pats are a perfect example of how to run a team. Get rid of the top guys while still have value, not when they are at the bottom of the pile.

7th in the NFL in rushing who cares?i read post about D willams,Mike Turner,Forte,if we had this guy or that guy.ect..all year..they are now behind CP.yet they are playing on a better team. if we can get a first or a high second pick I am fine with that...but we wont...but lets say we trade CP to the NYG

who do we start at tailback ROCK:laugh:Ladell:laugh:oh let me guess AAlridge:laugh::laugh:so we will have to GAMBLE and draft a RB...:doh: meanwhile the oline roster dosent change:chair: Lets Trade CP to the NYG so we can see if he still has any burst left:doh:

7th in the NFL in rushing who cares?i read post about D willams,Mike Turner,Forte,if we had this guy or that guy.ect..all year..they are now behind CP.yet they are playing on a better team. if we can get a first or a high second pick I am fine with that...but we wont...but lets say we trade CP to the NYG

who do we start at tailback ROCK:laugh:Ladell:laugh:oh let me guess AAlridge:laugh::laugh:so we will have to GAMBLE and draft a RB...:doh: meanwhile the oline roster dosent change:chair: Lets Trade CP to the NYG so we can see if he still has any burst left:doh:

Dude it is pretty clear you are not reading.......... So I will leave as you do not understand............ Have fun with him!

I'm so glad some of you guys aren't running the team. getting rid of Cooley would be ridiculous. He's the only Skin other than Fletch that brings it every game, and is def a true skin. He ain't goin nowhere. If anything trade Davis.

I'm with you. Getting rid of elite players who likes the team and are good teammates is the dumbest thing I've heard of. Yes, Cooley is worth a 1st rounder, but he's just about the only player who is good on a consistent basis. He's the only franchise player we really have anymore, so trading him would set us back more than any draft picks we would get for him. Cooley is probably the only player I wouldn't trade right now.

Archived