Extremeskins

Keep em, Trade em....Your top 3 for each

walker77

Keep:

Oprakpo

Haynesworth

Landry

Trade:

Moss (will get us value in a pick. Likely a 3rd or 4th round pick)

Cooley (Shockey went for a 2nd rounder to New Orleans. Good value)

Carter (Teams need pass rushers. He should get us good value and is getting older.)

Waive:

Randle El

Smoot

Betts

Rogers (won't be re-signed)

Rabach

R. Thomas (can't be counted on to stay healthy)

Cartwright

Samuels (likely to retire)

Wynn (old, offers nothing)

Sign:

Jeff Garcia

AJ Feeley (both of these guys have been in the WC offense for a long time)

Needs:

The Skins need to realize that they need to address the offensive line and QB immediately and the way to do that is thru the draft and strategically signing free agents. The QB issue is absolutely the most critical. As of now your starting QB in 2010 is Todd Collins by default. Unless Andre Woodson has a future, we have nothing, and that includes Colt Brennan who is too erratic. Trading Moss, Cooley and Carter would bring us good value in return although it would be difficult to see Cooley go elsewhere. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a second round pick and a blocking TE in return.

Portis likely can't be traded and will likely be back in an uncapped year, I assume. If that's the case then maybe we can squeeze more production out of him if the line is beefed up. He still competes and is one of our better blockers in pass protection.

The Skins need to get a plan on offense. It should probably be a plan to run first until a QB can be groomed. They desperately need to find a QB from somewhere who is capable of leadership and quick decision making.

I don't understand how Landry keeps coming up on the KEEP lists...this guy stinks as much as Rogers does...to think AP and Pat Willis got picked after him.

Did anyone watch the pregame show when McNabb broke down the Jackson TD pass...he plainly said he knew 30 would bite on the play. 30 is one of the biggest busts we have seen in a while. HE FN STINKS.

Keep:

Orakpo

Jarmon

Landry

Haynesworth is great, but if someone is dumb enough to take his contract off of our hands, I would be glad to part w/ him. The sad thing is, I don't see that many teams that would want any of the rest of the guys. The only two players besides Orakpo and Landry that have any real trade value, would be Cooley and Fletch, and I am not sure what we would get for them next year, w/ Cooley coming off an injury and Fletch getting another year older. We have to be honest w/ ourselves. Why would anyone want these over payed players on their roster? Yeah, Moss could help a team, but do they want his price tag?

I don't understand how Landry keeps coming up on the KEEP lists...this guy stinks as much as Rogers does...to think AP and Pat Willis got picked after him.

Did anyone watch the pregame show when McNabb broke down the Jackson TD pass...he plainly said he knew 30 would bite on the play. 30 is one of the biggest busts we have seen in a while. HE FN STINKS.

and he does it all the damn time...

he is appalling... Two Seconds Too Late is my nickname for him...

I love these guys but if I had to trade them it would be:

Portis - he's great and has done as good as anyone behind this mess of OL. Have to get some value out before he's too old

Fred Davis - Keep Cooley and trade Davis. Davis showed good potential but is a blocking liability.

I don't know that we have anyone else who we'd get enough value to justify trading them unless you packaged a draft pick with em. Maybe Landry or Rogers.

MC

I love these guys but if I had to trade them it would be:

Portis - he's great and has done as good as anyone behind this mess of OL. Have to get some value out before he's too old

Fred Davis - Keep Cooley and trade Davis. Davis showed good potential but is a blocking liability.

I don't know that we have anyone else who we'd get enough value to justify trading them unless you packaged a draft pick with em. Maybe Landry or Rogers.

MC

If we are talking about trading players for picks why would we package them with picks in a trade situation? I would rather get a 3rd and a 7th for Landry straight up than trade Landry with a 3rd for a 2nd.

Hopefully this hasn't been discussed before but obviously next year the Redskins SHOULD look totally different next year. Who are your top 3 you would you keep next year to build upon and who are your top 3 you would you trade for more picks?

Keep:

Orakpo (as DE)

Haynesworth (to much invested)

Cooley (our best stud on offense)

Trade:

Moss (painfull but he could land us a #1, #2 or #3 I would think)

Portis (his best days our behind him, but I think there is a clause in his contract that prevents this. Maybe get a 2nd, 3rd or 4th)

Rogers (He can cover usually, should be worth at least a 2nd or 3rd)

You will get at most a 3rd rounder for Moss. Nothing for Portis and maybe a 3rd for Rogers. If we can get two 3rd rounders for moss and rogers I would call it highway robbery and go draft two starting O-lineman with those picks.

OKAY............. KEEP THOSE BLINDERS ON !!! You might not like what you see.

EDIT: I think we should keep Cooley, CP is trade bait if we get anything for him.... maybe a third rounder???? RB's are a dime a dozen. (Look at Cedric Benson)

No blinders here my friend. I just realize that the Redskins don't have anybody else. If they want to actually build a line they have to keep Clinton Portis and pick up a back next year or the year after if they want to replace him or a complementary back this year in a later round to spell him.

HTTR

Archived