Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep em, Trade em....Your top 3 for each

walker77

Hopefully this hasn't been discussed before but obviously next year the Redskins SHOULD look totally different next year. Who are your top 3 you would you keep next year to build upon and who are your top 3 you would you trade for more picks?

Keep:

Orakpo (as DE)

Haynesworth (to much invested)

Cooley (our best stud on offense)

Trade:

Moss (painfull but he could land us a #1, #2 or #3 I would think)

Portis (his best days our behind him, but I think there is a clause in his contract that prevents this. Maybe get a 2nd, 3rd or 4th)

Rogers (He can cover usually, should be worth at least a 2nd or 3rd)

Trade- Portis (has lost the speed, he looks like ARE always falling to the ground before contact), Moss (quick but I think he lost his break away speed), Campbell (he is a good back up??) D Hall??? (not impressed), Carlos Rogers (disappointed in his performance), Landry (what is up with the constant shoulder lunge?)

Keep- Big Al (he has made our D better, but our O is killing them by not staying on the field very long and giving them a short field)

Keep all draft picks..... ( why not? let do this right!)

Cut- ARE... (don't think there will be much of an argument there)

Todd Collins... ( we have to start over)

Yoder??? (he is not getting any younger)

Sign a VET QB (Garcia type)

Sign ( 1 or 2) VET Linemen

Draft QB, LINEMEN, Linebacker

Just my 2 cents??

Keep:

1. Fletcher (Don't care he's old, he is our leader on Defense)

2. Hanyesworth (Don't care he's expensive, he makes everyone else better)

Trade:

1. Portis (Dude's clearly lost a step. We need youth and speed here and his attitude makes him not worth the money

2. Randle El (He sucks in everything he does...no yac, terrible punt returner, and worst yet hes the perfect QB for the WildCat offense and we never use him there. His pressence makes it more difficult for younger players to touch the field)

in terms of the realistic guys (i.e. not haynesworth due to money etc), here are mine:

keep:

1. orakpo

2. jarmon

3. cooley

trade:

1. landry(!)

**** - i cant even think of anyone else to trade. i can think of tons of guys i want gone, but no one that could realistically be traded. sad.

I only care about the trade part -

Trade

1) Cooley (I love him, but he has trade value - at least before his injury) might net a #2

2) Rogers - Should net a #2 (if we can't get this, pay the RFA tender next year and let him leave the next year and probably get a #3 Comp pick)

3) Randle El - Probably will only get us a #3 or #4, but he's not helping us, and I'd rather see Moss in the slot and start the young players (since our season is crap anyways)

Ill just do the keep, since it will be a short list.

Offensive keepers:

Cooley, F Davis, D Thomas or M Kelly FOR DEPTH ONLY, on any real football team, neither one of those guys cracks the top 4.

Defensive keepers:

Orakpo, Jarmon, Big Al, Wilson.... and that's about it. I was going to name somebody from the secondary, but after last nights performance I changed my mind.

Cooley has talent and has some years left, Big Al you have to keep because no one will take his contract in a trade, and the other ones to keep are younger guys who have shown some skill.

Pretty sad to see that our most recent drafts have netted us 3-4 players worth keeping.:doh:

The rest of the roster, while it might have some talent and some serviceable years left moving forward, is basically dead weight. No disrespect to London Fletcher, but he will not be the same player in however many years it takes to turn this team around.

All of the players mentioned in the OP should be redskins next year. Rabach and Randle EL are the two players that should not be redskins next year. Plenty of talent on this team, and we're starting to see that it's more the players execution then it is the playcalling.

Playcalling was above average monday night, and we beat the eagles in so many different categories then I'm holding back on the whole blowing it up thing. Seriously, how many times have we seen teams fix the o-line and get a better QB and completely turn their franchise around because they weren't that bad in the first place?

Just bad in the worst places to bad in.

Keep RAK, JARMON, and Rocky.

Trade Moss- I think we can get at least a third, possibly a second...look to NE because they are loaded with pics and need a compliment to the other Moss.

Andre Carter- career year but aging. This would also allow RAK to go to DE where he belongs. If he continues this season, we may actually get a second or third for him. He is on pace for a 15 sack season. I'd take a fourth, maybe a fifth.

ARE is the only other guy that might get us something in return. He would only get us a seventh.

We could put a RFA offer down on Rogers as a second rounder/third and let somebody take him off of our hands...this is what we should do.

Archived