Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Exactly Will Zorn Be Doing On The Sidelines Tonight?

Fan035

What I want to know is will Zorn, like any other Head Coach, have the power to veto a play?

What if it's 3rd and 6 in the 3rd quarter and Lewis calls a draw to Betts and Zorn has seen something in the D the way they've played this down and distance before and suggests to Lewis that a slant to ARE will work but Lewis prefers the draw.

Can Zorn tell Lewis to shove it and overrule him like any other Head Coach can?

What I want to know is will Zorn, like any other Head Coach, have the power to veto a play?

What if it's 3rd and 6 in the 3rd quarter and Lewis calls a draw to Betts and Zorn has seen something in the D the way they've played this down and distance before and suggests to Lewis that a slant to ARE will work but Lewis prefers the draw.

Can Zorn tell Lewis to shove it and overrule him like any other Head Coach can?

He won't even be part of the play calling its Sherm and Sherm.

Handing out water or Gatorade? Cheerleading? Perhaps he'll be reading a good book on what to do when you lose a job.:read:

What will Andy Reid be doing during the Game? Handing out water or Gatorade? Cheerleading? Perhaps he'll be reading a good book on what to do when you lose a job.:read:

Shocking, I know, but not all coaches are playcallers. Egads, the Steelers won 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years with two different coaches that didn't call plays. The Giants won with a coach that didn't call plays. I think there was a stat that only 7 Head Coaches actually call plays on a regular basis. So Zorn actually became the norm as opposed to the exception over the last week.

Shocking, I know, but not all coaches are playcallers. Egads, the Steelers won 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years with two different coaches that didn't call plays. The Giants won with a coach that didn't call plays. I think there was a stat that only 7 Head Coaches actually call plays on a regular basis. So Zorn actually became the norm as opposed to the exception over the last week.

Those guys were hired to be head coaches not play callers. Zorny was hired to call plays.

He will be the head coach.

What is wrong with the fans here in washington? the majority of this fanbase is absolutely clueless. with all the ridiculous things happening on this team its funny how many people find the LEGIT things to complain about or make fun of.

EIGHT head coaches call their teams offensive plays. A few call their defensive plays. What do they other 20 do? The same thing Zorn will be doing. BEING A HEAD COACH NOT A COORDINATOR.

I don't believe that the Jim Zorn's playcalling was the real problem, but he did look a little over whelmed on the sideline. Making the bold assumption the play calling doesn't significantly degrade, this may turn out to be a postive for Zorns continuing education as a head coach. I am trying to remain positive.:eaglesuck

Comparing this situation to other coaches who don't call plays is ridiculous. Its Zorn's offense - I'm not saying its good, but its his offense. He's only marginally involved in the defense. Deciding what to do on 4th down realistically come up once or twice during the game. Calling timeouts can come up six times during the game. Coaching up the players? Be serious! His only job is to save something of his masculinity by looking dignified during the game.

Zorn will be learning how to or how not to call plays. He needed help. But from day 1. Its going to be ugly early. He will decide when to call timeouts and when to go for it on 4th. I just dont know how a play will be selected when he decides to go for it. There wont be enough time. Expect no timeouts left at the end of both halves.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Keeping the media entertained as the camera follow him around, INSTEAD OF showing the game- "questioning" - "You have to wonder what Jim Zorn is now thinking since he is no long calling plays" :evilg:

Just remember, you heard it "first" on this forum what the media will state:silly:

Archived