Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fake Obama thesis story goes viral.

Baculus

I'm just curious to see what classes he took, etc. since I'm a college student. I find it interesting to see how I stack up against the POTUS. That's why I dont see the point in keeping it sealed if stupid Bush and Kerry had theirs released. He already said he snorted cocaine and smoked pot. What does it hurt?

Jurist Doctor Magna Cume Laude, Harvard Law Review, get there and then we'll talk.

I'm just curious to see what classes he took, etc. since I'm a college student. I find it interesting to see how I stack up against the POTUS. That's why I dont see the point in keeping it sealed if stupid Bush and Kerry had theirs released. He already said he snorted cocaine and smoked pot. What does it hurt?

If you're that curious I'm sure you get the course requirements for the degrees he has earned. I know you can do that at my university going back to degrees handed out in the 70's. Other than his grades that would answer your question.

The main problem is not the crap the fringe is spewing. That's going to happen.

It's the fact the Republicans are universally accepting the crap and Republican leadership doesn't step up and do anything about it. They allow it to breathe.

Michael Steele is an enabler. You don't hear him say "hey, this is bogus, we don't deal with bogus".

Sad times.

Exactly. Many in the GOP have embraced this lunacy, which trickles down to their party members or to the American Right. That is why over 50% of them do not believe Obama was born in the U.S.

The nuttery has become the norm, which is also why a sobbing, screaming nut who fantasizes about killing people is a hero to them.

To call out the 'fringe' on the right for floating a bogus story and not also mention how often the far left loons also engage in this exact behaviour is just laughable to me. You guys should at least be honest with yourself if you can't with others. The bad elements on both sides engage in this shamelessness. none of them should be worthy of your time.

To call out the 'fringe' on the right for floating a bogus story and not also mention how often the far left loons also engage in this exact behaviour is just laughable to me. You guys should at least be honest with yourself if you can't with others. The bad elements on both sides engage in this shamelessness. none of them should be worthy of your time.

The left does it in a very different (and to me more palatable) way. There are a few lefties on the radio or tv that you can compare to Rush or Beck or whoever but they're not particularly popular and I don't like them. Comedy seems to be where the left can go after the right and lefties like it. That's why The Daily Show/Colbert are so popular. They don't get you angry, and the right seems to love people that work them up into a frenzy, they make you laugh a much more enjoyable endeavor IMO.

No, what's laughable is your attempt to shrug off this news topic and the fact that people such as Rush Limbaugh fell so easily for the story. And it is even more laughable that you are mentioning "honesty" in a story about right-wing dishonesty. You want honesty from us when you don't demand it from the people that you defend?

Give us a break.

Who is this "far left"? It certainly isn't the MSM and folks such as Dan Rather. Go to an websites such as http://news.infoshop.org/ if you want to read news information from the REAL so-called "far left."

The left does it in a very different (and to me more palatable) way. There are a few lefties on the radio or tv that you can compare to Rush or Beck or whoever but they're not particularly popular and I don't like them. Comedy seems to be where the left can go after the right and lefties like it. That's why The Daily Show/Colbert are so popular. They don't get you angry, and the right seems to love people that work them up into a frenzy, they make you laugh a much more enjoyable endeavor IMO.

Exactly. There is NO high profile media figure on the left who lies in the same fashion as the right-wing pundits. We've had this argument in the past, and people on the Right always failing in listing the left-wing counterparts to Rush, Hannity, Beck, Coulter, Malkin, Savage, etc.

Of course not, he's not a journalist. He's more like paparazzi. He's much more like Jerry Springer or Ricki Lake than he is Brit Hume or Wolf Blitzer.

I'm certain you can find a case in which the Chairman of the DNC has stated that Jerry Springer doesn't speak for the DNC, and been forced to retract his statement a day later.

THe sad part about a lot of this stuff, we wouldn't have this stuff if Obama would just release these records. I dont' doubt he's a US Citizen or that he earned his degrees or anything, but it would be nice to know what the man in the oval office thinks, does anyone disagree?

That's what I was trying to look up. He wrote some stuff, but he did all the editing and putting the review together.

Seems it's a professional journal where you have to be a member to see it. Most professions have publications like that, the Journal of the AMA comes to mind. Certainly it's widely read and if there was anything particularly interesting or contentious I can't imagine it wouldn't have come out already.

THe sad part about a lot of this stuff, we wouldn't have this stuff if Obama would just release these records. I dont' doubt he's a US Citizen or that he earned his degrees or anything, but it would be nice to know what the man in the oval office thinks, does anyone disagree?

The sad part is he has, the right just refuses to accept it. That's wack.

I'll modify that to say elements of the right because every normal Republican I know never bought into this garbage. They're embarrassed of it.

That is irrelevant. Limbaugh isn't held to journalistic standards because he isn't a journalist.

I think it is obvious to everyone, except his fans, that Rush isn't a journalist. He is a man with a bully pulpit and lots of opinions which helps to shape the thinking of the American Right.

The sad part is he has, the right just refuses to accept it. That's wack.

I am going to assume you are referring to the birth certificate, which what he's released isn't a birth certificate, but from what I understand its basically as good as one, but that's not the only thing I was talking about. Not that it matters. He's already in office, this stuff should have been looked for during the election cycle, unless he did something truly criminal I don't see it being relevant. We should judge obama on his record, which I think already gives you enough to like or not like him depending on your own personal views.

I am going to assume you are referring to the birth certificate, which what he's released isn't a birth certificate, but from what I understand its basically as good as one, but that's not the only thing I was talking about. Not that it matters. He's already in office, this stuff should have been looked for during the election cycle, unless he did something truly criminal I don't see it being relevant. We should judge obama on his record, which I think already gives you enough to like or not like him depending on your own personal views.

I just applied for a passport Wed of last week, cross my heart and swear to die. I dug out my birth certificate and it said Certificate of Live Birth. I don't have another secret one and I wouldn't begin to know who does.

The only other thing you could mean is his grades. He passed and got his degree (surely you don't think faculty at Harvard was involved in some nefarious plot) so what's the point?

I agree though, it's not important and, all seriousness aside, you shouldn't have brought it up. :D

Didnt Bush give out his college transcript? How come Obama doesnt do the same? Alot of this stuff would go away if he werent so secretive. :2cents:

http://www.americanpolitics.com/bushtranscript.html

I voted for Obama and EVEN I want to see his transcript as well as his thesis.

I don't understand the need for secrecy.

All secrecy does is show that Obama is hiding **** and it creates speculation.

Archived