Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Samuels May Sit Rest of Year/Retire

MattFancy

In the last few years, There was a run on tackles when we took the receivers in the 2nd round. We could have taken Sam Baker with the 21st pick we gave to Atlanta. He is there starting left tackle. If we went the running back route we could have had Chris Johnson to take over for Ladell Betts that we should have traded that year anyway.

Lets go over last year for instance taking Orkapo was a good move but your center is in his early 30's and has had injury issues. We could have traded back picked up Wood or Mack plus Britten or Oher. Two years of not addressing it could have solved the problems with the age and injuries on this line. This problem with the current redskins is strictly on the Front office. Blaming Zorn is good for the media but the Front office never tried to change the team to fit the west coast system. Dockery is not a west coast lineman nor is Rabach.

Sam Baker was projected by most to be a second round talent. Falcons were somewhat criticized by trading away what they did for him. Remember who atlanta's QB is. A good qb makes their line look better. Offensive tempo, playcalling helps just as much. As bad as the oline is it has nothing to do with the games we have lost. That is on the QB/coach.

Stenosis is not something to play football with, and this stinger was the scare that is going to push Samuels to retire.

He was a very good player. (I can't believe I already have seen people mentioning HOF for him... ridiculous. We apparently think every good player we have belongs there. Chris was good and solid, but never even in the top 3 at this position).

I'd take him on my team any time, and he has put his service in. Retire healthy Chris.

I will miss Samuels as much as anybody but luckily he isn't dead so we won't be mourning his loss and instead celebrating his career.

To put a positive spin on this at least this will force the front offices feeble hand to make big moves to improve the offensive line.

Over the past few years I feel like Samuels dominance has somewhat overshadowed our entire offensive lines general weakness.

Now little Dutch boy it is time to remove your finger....

:doh:

We'll miss you Big 60.

This definitely sucks but I would have no problem if Big Chris decided to retire. He's been one of the few bright spots on this offense since he was drafted and he's just a hell of a player and good guy overall but I'd rather see him keep himself healthy for his family and his future than risk serious injury for football.

He should hang it up. I wouldn't risk my health at all. Thanks for your services, Chris. Maybe now the FO will draft some linemen. Use our draft picks on OL, not a QB. Give Colt Brennan a shot next year. I'm not really a fan, but there seems to be thoughts that he could be a solid QB. Didn't John Clayton write an article during the pre-season saying Colt may emerge as a good QB eventually?

Wow that's too bad if the big gut has to hang them up. He was one of the few really solid players on our team for a long time. It's a shame he never got the chance to experience being on a truly good team.

Best of luck in your new post football life, and thanks for your dedication and hard work. The fans of this team truly respect you and will miss your talent, drive, and play.

He's on my list of most overrated 'Skins of all time....

Yeah, those multiple Pro Bowl appearances and almost 10 years of solid play at his position. You're going revise your evaluation when he's gone the rest of this year and you watch how badly the left side of our line looks.

Rub some dirt on it and get back out there.

/sarcasm.

I hope he's ok.

He's on my list of most overrated 'Skins of all time, but I hope he's ok.

I REALLY hope he's ok, and can return, or at least live a life without pain.

He's a great run blocker, but I see him WAY too many times standing with his hands on his hips as the QB picks himself up off the turf, after having been hit by his guy.

He was great in 2005 and prior, but he's been declining since.

But again, I hope he's ok. He seems like a good guy.

If he is considering retirement, I wonder how serious this injury is? I hope that it isn't something that could hinder him later in life. He seems like a really great guy and I will always consider him a great redskins player. Hope that he is able to make it back on the field.

I REALLY hope he's ok, and can return, or at least live a life without pain.

He's a great run blocker, but I see him WAY too many times standing with his hands on his hips as the QB picks himself up off the turf, after having been hit by his guy.

He was great in 2005 and prior, but he's been declining since.

But again, I hope he's ok. He seems like a good guy.

Why are you having a conversation with yourself? I think Chris Samuels is underrated if anyone considers him overrated.

Archived