Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Samuels May Sit Rest of Year/Retire

MattFancy

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4565584

Washington Redskins left tackle Chris Samuels could miss the rest of the season and may have to consider retirement after suffering a stinger in last Sunday's loss to the Carolina Panthers, according to a report.

The six-time Pro Bowler, who already had been ruled out of Sunday's game against the Kansas City Chiefs, will have the injury reevaluated on Tuesday, sources told The Washington Post.

Well I this is horrible news...

This is sad for Samuels, but the team will be fine.

After all, our FO has been very careful to stock up on quality offensive linemen in the last few drafts, because only a mentally challenged monkey wouldn't be able to see that the OL was aging and injury-prone.

So fear not, Skins fans. Vinny and Danny are in charge.

It does suck to see him go, if that becomes the case. But the way I see it the O line wont be ignored again next year if he does go. They cant bandaid spots here and there. With Samuels gone and Thomas being injured, they will have no choice to focus on the O line through the draft and free agency. These guys played hard for the Skins, no doubt about that, but its time for some youth.

How long would it take him to be placed in the ring of fame??? I hope they would honor his play by doing it almost immediately.

Chris if you read this: retire buddy. You have the cash your career was great. When the problems become this serious it is time to enjoy your family and life and leave this behind. (join 106.7 if ESPN doesn't want you)

Sad that is has come to this for him. One of the best Redskins over the past decade. He has nothing else to prove and its not like we're going to the Super Bowl this year ot next. No harm in hanging them up now.

Chris if you read this: retire buddy. You have the cash your career was great. When the problems become this serious it is time to enjoy your family and life and leave this behind. (join 106.7 if ESPN doesn't want you)

Couldn't agree more. The current incarnation of the Redskins simply is not worth it.

Well, I wish we had an FO that understood that you can't be completely unprepared for things like this to happen. You know, it's not great when it happens LAST year, but to let it happen again (as in, to be unprepared for the rather expected occurrence of Samuels and Thomas going down)? Ridiculous. My friend and I discussed this season's prospects before the season began, and the crux was basically - until/WHEN Thomas and Samuels go down, season over.

I just don't get this FO.

But on a more "positive" note, I did always like Chris Samuels and I wish him well. I hope he makes the right decision, whatever that may be.

Agreed.

Samuels has nothing left to prove. Retire a healthy, rich, young man. Enjoy your life buddy, you've been through many wars for the burgundy and gold.

:cheers:

I thought him being out for the remainder of the season was a given... it's his career (and more importantly health) I thought we were waiting to hear about...

guess there must still be some hope he'll return though cause it's not like we couldn't use the roster spot for our oline if he is out, and he's not on IR yet...

from the medical explainations I've heard regarding his injury, personally, I hope the guy retires and doesn't risk anything more serious... he's definitely someone you can say "left it on the field"...

Look, next season when he's feeling a heck or a lot better and he also sees all the hype around the team again, I predict he'll play again. I don't know if its the right decision because of the type of injury he has but I'm sure he'll want a chance

Archived