Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Samuels May Sit Rest of Year/Retire

MattFancy

If this happens it seals it. Draft: OL, OL, OL (in that order). Even without the possibility of Samuels retiring I wanted OL in the first two rounds. With this, I hope even Vinny will see that ignoring it is going to be impossible. I know some people may want to draft a QB high, but if we keep this OL there would be zero point, really.

The thing that really sucks is we should have had his replacement ready to step in for him.

Whoever fills those shoes won't get a chance to learn from Chris.

He won't be able to teach the young guy and show him the ropes, which means it'll take that person longer to develop.

Damn you Vinny.

The irony is that a long time ago, the Skins did spend a couple of early draft choices on 2 great OL -- Samuels (3rd overall '99) and Jansen (2nd round '00). Jansen got injured early on, but was outstanding when he could play, so it's not like ownership has always neglected the line.

The thing that really sucks is we should have had his replacement ready to step in for him.

Whoever fills those shoes won't get a chance to learn from Chris.

He won't be able to teach the young guy and show him the ropes, which means it'll take that person longer to develop.

Damn you Vinny.

It's not Vinny's fault he was too busy licking Danny's boots to pay attention to our aging offensive line.

I hope Samuels will be okay. I'm pretty sure he is done for the year, it's just a matter if he'll retire. If there is any good news out of this is that our OLine is going to be so bad that the Vinny will not be able to hide from the heat. I see a lot of shotgun in JC's future. My expectations are low so I hope we can pull one out on Sunday.

He's on my list of most overrated 'Skins of all time, but I hope he's ok.

Hahahahaha. Ladies and gentlemen, THIS is true ignorance. Well done, sir. Well done.

Thanks Chris, stick around and take Buges place when he retires.

:applause:

If our line holds its own against the Chiefs, I completely agree with Samuels getting into coaching, and hopefully with it happening here. I wonder if he'd be interested in being an offensive assistant under Buges for a year - become his protege so to speak.

The LAST thing I want to see is for Samuels to get snubbed by the organization and end up posting youtube rants against the front office.

That sucks. Samuels really developed into a franchise LT for us, and that is going to be very difficult to replace. Typically I believe a team has to use a 1st rounder to replace a franchise LT. I agree with the sentiments that if his injury is threatening to his long-term health, such as potential paralysis, that it's not worth it. Samuels has earned retirement.

Those lambasting the FO for "ignoring OL" have not considered we did bring back Dockery, we drafted Rinehart, and aren't considering what has been available when we drafted in recent years.

The same used to be said about the DL, that the team was "ignoring" it. A poster in this thread even alluded to that old argument by mentioning us passing on Calias Campbell. But then Haynesworth became a free agent, Orakpo luckily fell to us in the draft, and we were able to get Jarmon in the supllemental draft as well.

Hopefully next offseason we have such luck in that the pieces fall for us for OL as they did for DL.

I wouldn't mind those saying the team purposely ignores OL, and saying we should have already drafted Samuels' replacement, actually showing who they have in mind that we should have drafted or picked up instead.

This is sad for Samuels' date=' but the team will be fine.

After all, our FO has been very careful to stock up on quality offensive linemen in the last few drafts, because only a mentally challenged monkey wouldn't be able to see that the OL was aging and injury-prone.

So fear not, Skins fans. Vinny and Danny are in charge.[/quote']

:hysterical:

All of you people taking shots a the front office in this thread are losers and you all need to get a life, way to stay on topic :doh:

This whole thing with him is just horrible for our team, he still had a few years left int he tank in my opinion, if he in fact does have to sit out the rest of the season, or forever for that matter.. WE WILL MISS YOU BUDDY! We will miss you hating the cowboys, and we will miss you pancaking people!

I don't normally feel bad for pro athletes but I honestly and legitimately feel bad for Chris Samuels. For the last decade he's been our best player; a force of stability in a mostly unstable era. He always busted his ass off, never did stupid stuff off the field, and was always a great representative of the Redskins. If anyone deserves a shot at the Super Bowl, it's him.

He should just retire. He doesn't deserve to have to put up with this mess of a franchise.

Out for the year with a stinger? Pardon my french that is BS. Either his injury is more serious than that, or he just is looking for an excuse to not play and retire.

Why don't you investigate a little before making such a ignorant statement. TRY READING THE 3rd PARAGRAPH IN THE ARTICLE POSTED

He has, and has had a degenerative (sp?) thing with his spine since he was little, its something he has known about for a while and his little injury last week kind of messed with that, or something to that extent.

I don't think it's the stinger alone, but the accumulation of injuries over 10 years adds up. Remember he missed the second half of last year with an injury as well.

I don't see him retiring but I could see him missing significant time. It's a shame we wasted so much of his prime. :(

Archived