Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: RI: Samuels Will Miss Sunday's Game Against Chiefs

SkinsMaster88

Link: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/samuels-will-miss-sundays-game.html

Samuels Will Miss Sunday's Game Against Chiefs

Left tackle Chris Samuels will not be available for Sunday's game against the Chiefs, Coach Jim Zorn announced today. Samuels suffered a stinger on the Redskins' first touchdown against the Panthers and did not return to the game. Though Samuels said after the game he felt better, he underwent an MRI this morning and Zorn said "he's the guy I'm worried about."

In his place, Stephon Heyer is expected to move from right tackle to left, and Mike Williams will line up at right tackle. Chad Rinehart will likely return to the starting lineup as the Redskins' right guard.

More on this and the rest of today's news conference coming soon.

By Rick Maese | October 12, 2009; 12:35 PM ET

-----

Seems like we're gonna be switching around our OL...

If theyre already saying hes out, he probably won't be back until AT LEAST after the bye.

I seriously don't even want them to have to play the rest of the season. Would much rather fast forward until March. Its only going to get worse.

I just feel bad for some of the young guys... I think we have some good young talent and I wish they didn't have to suffer through this misery... and Campbell and Zorn, who are nice guys, are going to suffer through the brunt of the misery from most fans and media.

Never saw all these injuries coming.

Oh wait, that's not true. EVERYBODY SAW THIS COMING.

Even Danny and Vinny.

Who came up with the brilliant plan of praying the line stays healthy.

But hey, it's not like Fred Davis was a luxury pick or anything.

Good times.

i mentioned yesterday that it could easily be something more serious and due to how bad things are around the team they dont wanna come out and say anymore bad news about our best olineman.

uuuuuuugly times.

That's what I'm thinking too. I played football and HS and had a stinger before. Yes it sucks, but it didn't make me miss 2 games. If it is something more serious, this season is over...

Looking at this objectively, at least Mike Williams will be back at his natural position and Rhinehart is back on the field. This will at least give us a chance to look at these guys and see what they can do in a more active role. It's unfortunate that this has to come at the expense of our starters.

BTW, Heyer at left tackle? I do not feel comfortable about that.

Never saw all these injuries coming.

Oh wait, that's not true. EVERYBODY SAW THIS COMING.

Even Danny and Vinny.

Who came up with the brilliant plan of praying the line stays healthy.

But hey, it's not like Fred Davis was a luxury pick or anything.

Good times.

Larry Michael probably put the idea on Vinny's head and he ran with it :(

Archived