Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: RI: Samuels Will Miss Sunday's Game Against Chiefs

SkinsMaster88

Now see, here's a comment that is negative about the state of the team, believing the season is over, yet he did it with class. No hate, no insults, an obvious love for his team, just disappointment and disbelief. This is the problem with this board... it's not the disappointment and disbelief that's a problem, it's that there's just no class anymore in how people show their frustrations, making an opposing team's fan who hates the Redskins no different in words than a Redskins fan who is supposed to love this team.

Thanks sir, appreciate it.

explain. what are you referring to?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/line-dance-adjusting-to-samuel.html

Samuels suffered the injury on Washington's second play from scrimmage and sat out the remainder of the game.

"The guy that I'm concerned about is Chris Samuels," Zorn said. "He got an MRI. He's been playing with a Stenosis, which is a narrowing [of the spine]. ... He got popped and he got some tingling and we're just checking this out. Right now, he will not be available to play this week just to quiet this thing down."

Zorn said he could not address a question about Samuels's long-term progress.

"We're still working through that," Zorn said.

This has cut short a few careers.

Our line has not been awful all season. But our offense has.

Even if I were to concede that our line has been leaky, and will continue to be leaky... there's a player taken one pick before JC back in 2005 that is producing offensively with a line that's been far worse than ours - his name is not Peyton Manning, or Tom Brady. It's Aaron Rodgers.

And quite frankly, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethleswhatever, and Jay Cutler have seen their lines crumble at various times this season. And they've elevated their play and won games. Then again, they're legit QBs.

How can you differentiate between the two? EVERYTHING on offense starts with the line...and everything on offense has beeb subpar.

This front office determined that the reason we went 2-6 at the end of last year was because of our O-line... and what did we do? Completely ignored it and focused more on defense. Dockery was the only upgrade, and that takes us from maybe a C+ to a B- at left guard.

I'm not saying JC is one of the top 5 QBs in the league stuck on a bad team... I'm saying he is a perfectly acceptable starting QB if the rest of the offense wasn't so bad. He was Joe Gibbs pick - we didn't draft him to be a Peyton, we drafted him to be a Joe Gibbs QB - a guy who can sling the ball downfield and use the play action to set up the bomb. Unfortunately, when Joe left (and also in the time he was here) we ignored the O-line and boosting the running game, so now JC is stuck in this purgatory "Midwest Coast" offense that we are trying to run, but with the personnel we have, its trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

I'm not going to compare JC to the QBs you mentioned, there is too many variables. All I can say is I cannot picture any of those QBs succeeding HERE, RIGHT NOW, in this situation - and its because of the fault of the FO who ignored the most important unit on the football field for the last decade.

I'm saying he is a perfectly acceptable starting QB if the rest of the offense wasn't so bad. He was Joe Gibbs pick - we didn't draft him to be a Peyton, we drafted him to be a Joe Gibbs QB - a guy who can sling the ball downfield and use the play action to set up the bomb. Unfortunately, when Joe left (and also in the time he was here) we ignored the O-line and boosting the running game, so now JC is stuck in this purgatory "Midwest Coast" offense that we are trying to run, but with the personnel we have, its trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

The problem with this is that Joe Gibbs had given up on Campbell by the time he retired.

JC has had the same problems in two different schemes. What are the Skins supposed to do? Put him in a third scheme and hope it's the one that turns him into a stud QB? A fourth scheme if that doesn't work?

Sonny Jurg said it best. Not seeing the field doesn't have anything to do with scheme.

The problem with this is that Joe Gibbs had given up on Campbell by the time he retired.

JC has had the same problems in two different schemes. What are the Skins supposed to do? Put him in a third scheme and hope it's the one that turns him into a stud QB? A fourth scheme if that doesn't work?

Not seeing the field doesn't have anything to do with scheme.

its funny how the campbell fan club loves to dismiss the fact that gibbs wanted an open QB comp for collins and campbell, and basically said the biggest offseason priority was resigning collins.

never heard of a backup QB resigning being a major priority. lol

its funny how the campbell fan club loves to dismiss the fact that gibbs wanted an open QB comp for collins and campbell, and basically said the biggest offseason priority was resigning collins.

never heard of a backup QB resigning being a major priority. lol

And who won that "competition"? Even after all the magic of "Toddball"?

It's always important to have a decent backup QB... and Todd was a good one, especially after the '07 run.

You guys can b!tch and moan all you want about JC, and you'll get your wish by the start of 2010, if not sooner. But the fact remains... if we hadn't blown picks/money on hairbrained pickups over the last 10 years and built our lines up like most normal teams, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

And who won that "competition"? Even after all the magic of "Toddball"?

It's always important to have a decent backup QB... and Todd was a good one, especially after the '07 run.

You guys can b!tch and moan all you want about JC, and you'll get your wish by the start of 2010, if not sooner. But the fact remains... if we hadn't blown picks/money on hairbrained pickups over the last 10 years and built our lines up like most normal teams, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

there was no competition so nobody won. gibbs retired, and zorn came in and anointed campbell the starter from day one, which always stirs up speculation that other coaches didnt want campbell in here but zorn did so he got the job.

and yes we would, because no line will ever save campbell. hes slow, hesitant, and has poor pocket presence. he will always be a failure, and thats why we will be getting our wish.

aaron rodgers in green bay has a very bad oline, yet hes making things happen. its because hes a good QB, whereas campbell is a backup.

there was no competition so nobody won. gibbs retired, and zorn came in and anointed campbell the starter from day one, which always stirs up speculation that other coaches didnt want campbell in here but zorn did so he got the job.

and yes we would, because no line will ever save campbell. hes slow, hesitant, and has poor pocket presence. he will always be a failure, and thats why we will be getting our wish.

aaron rodgers in green bay has a very bad oline, yet hes making things happen. its because hes a good QB, whereas campbell is a backup.

Well, I guess he's a backup then... I guess the Hall of Fame coach who drafted him and the QB coach who anointed him the starter (twice) were both wrong (or the victim of conspiracy).

Well, I guess he's a backup then... I guess the Hall of Fame coach who drafted him and the QB coach who anointed him the starter (twice) were both wrong (or the victim of conspiracy).

well gibbs was wrong, and wanting an open competition with a career backup kinda proves that.

zorn wasnt wrong, i think he just wanted this job and was willing to do whatever to try and make it work. zorn didnt draft campbell or hand select him, he was handed to him. zorn is hardly to blame for campbell, campbell sucked before zorn got here.

As much as I can't stand the ones that make excuses for Campbell I can't stand the haters of the guy either that make everything his fault regardless of a crappy o line etc. Yeah Jason isn't very good...couple that with a weak oline, now a decimated oline and more bad times ensue.

Archived