Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: RI: Samuels Will Miss Sunday's Game Against Chiefs

SkinsMaster88

Some food for thought - Matt Hasselbeck starting left tackle didn't play Sunday. He threw for 241, 4 TDs, no INTs. Discuss.

hes got an all pro offensive line, didnt you know?

hes got great WRs!

hes got better playcalling!

hes had more time in the system!

he was playing at home!

the jaguars arent good!

he didnt have any dropped passes!

their run game was incredible!

just thought id help a few usual suspects out with the campbell excuse generator.

by the way, anyone notice the seahawks offensive output with hasselbeck starting compared to when seneca wallace is starting?

Some food for thought - Matt Hasselbeck starting left tackle didn't play Sunday. He threw for 241, 4 TDs, no INTs. Discuss.

So you're suggesting what, that Todd should be the QB? Do you think we'd be better?

Do you watch the games, or you just see we lost and so one person must be blamed (and obviously, it should be the QB?)

Yep, Ugoh is a recent second round pick, I believe, that was so impressive at his craft that the Colts went out and spent another high pick on a player to replace him.

They had a guy chipping or helping him all night, but Manning wings the ball around so quickly that all his OL have to do is just kind of get in the way of the rushers. I seriously doubt he has the ball in his hands for more than 2.5-3 seconds on most of his attempts.

In fairness, Ugoh is about the first day-one pick that Polian has missed on in about ten years. And he is serviceable.

So you're suggesting what, that Todd should be the QB? Do you think we'd be better?

Do you watch the games, or you just see we lost and so one person must be blamed (and obviously, it should be the QB?)

The point is, if you have a QB with some modicum of pocket awareness. And a quick release. A sense of timing for when the pocket is likely to leak defenders. A player who takes the opportunity to step up when his interior line is doing it's job.... Then you should be able to sustain a Left Tackle injury without your offense completely imploding.

I'm not saying it's supposed to be easy without Samuels in there. But if you have a QB who needs optimal performance from his Line, RBs, and WRs in order to be merely adequate, then perhaps your biggest problem is under center?

I'd like to know when everyone's expectations got so incredibly low at the QB position. Was it Brunell? A good QB is supposed to make everyone else better. He's not supposed to be completely reliant on all 10 other players staying healthy and firing on all cylinders. If he's a leader and a winner he's supposed to pick everyone else up.

My beef isn't only with Campbell. Like most Skins fans, I have a ****list that's growing every week. But on the field, Campbell is clearly our single biggest issue.

I don't necessarily think TC would be much better. He was nice in Saunders offense and it's anyone's guess how he'd do in this offense when the bullets start flying. But could he really be worse than Campbell? JC is in some pretty elite company historically when it comes to spinning the offense's wheels.

If Jason gets hurt, Collins will last like 2 downs before he gets hauled off. Bet the house.

Like in 2007 when he broke his knee cap and Collins...never got hurt?

just checking. You seem to relish the possibility.

It's like living in ReWindland on ES and other fan boards. Same excuses, same injury situation with the line, same "Portis, line, receivers, organization at fault."

At this stage, that's becoming more true but it's still not the central truth of our predicament.

LOL Chiefs are 6.5 dogs. Unbelievable.

That is the closest it gets to free money. Chiefs all the way.

Not only will the Skins not cover, but we are in very, very real danger of losing this game. I predict 6 offensive points for the Redskins. The defense will need to take one to the house for us to stay competitive.

In fairness' date=' Ugoh is about the first day-one pick that Polian has missed on in about ten years. And he is serviceable.[/quote']

Yeah, everyone misses. I don't think Polian is a bust for this.

When you say serviceable - do you mean serviceable because his QB is Peyton Manning? Or serviceable on the absolute scale - i.e., he'd look fine blocking the edge for Jason Campbell and his 15-yard drops and multiple double-clutches? I don't think it's the latter, and the Colts apparently didn't feel the same about the former because they replaced him with some low-round backup they had on the roster.

The point is that Peyton Manning doesn't have an army of high-round picks blocking for him. And somehow their offense can still be explosive, even when Manning is under pressure.

The point is, if you have a QB with some modicum of pocket awareness. And a quick release. A sense of timing for when the pocket is likely to leak defenders. A player who takes the opportunity to step up when his interior line is doing it's job.... Then you should be able to sustain a Left Tackle injury without your offense completely imploding.

I'm not saying it's supposed to be easy without Samuels in there. But if you have a QB who needs optimal performance from his Line, RBs, and WRs in order to be merely adequate, then perhaps your biggest problem is under center?

I'd like to know when everyone's expectations got so incredibly low at the QB position. Was it Brunell? A good QB is supposed to make everyone else better. He's not supposed to be completely reliant on all 10 other players staying healthy and firing on all cylinders. If he's a leader and a winner he's supposed to pick everyone else up.

My beef isn't only with Campbell. Like most Skins fans, I have a ****list that's growing every week. But on the field, Campbell is clearly our single biggest issue.

I don't necessarily think TC would be much better. He was nice in Saunders offense and it's anyone's guess how he'd do in this offense when the bullets start flying. But could he really be worse than Campbell? JC is in some pretty elite company historically when it comes to spinning the offense's wheels.

Do you not realize that the 'timing' for the pocket is rapidly approaching ZERO every week? JC got sacked 3 out of 4 of the first passing plays Sunday. And how can you say the interior line is doing its job? Our ENTIRE line is awful.

A QB's job is not to make everyone else better. This is not basketball; he's not LeBron James. In football there are 11 guys each with their own jobs to do. On a RARE occasion you get a guy like Brady or Manning who will make his team significantly better. But MOST of the QBs in the NFL are servicable guys who fluctuate given the situation. Unfortunately for JC, he's in a pretty horrible situation right now.

I honestly don't believe anybody outside of Manning would make our offense significantly better right now, and that may even be stretching it...

Yeah, everyone misses. I don't think Polian is a bust for this.

When you say serviceable - do you mean serviceable because his QB is Peyton Manning? Or serviceable on the absolute scale - i.e., he'd look fine blocking the edge for Jason Campbell and his 15-yard drops and multiple double-clutches? I don't think it's the latter, and the Colts apparently didn't feel the same about the former because they replaced him with some low-round backup they had on the roster.

The point is that Peyton Manning doesn't have an army of high-round picks blocking for him. And somehow their offense can still be explosive, even when Manning is under pressure.

Thats because PM is one of the 5 greatest QBs of all time. Feel free to cheer for him if you are so in love...

Do you not realize that the 'timing' for the pocket is rapidly approaching ZERO every week? JC got sacked 3 out of 4 of the first passing plays Sunday. And how can you say the interior line is doing its job? Our ENTIRE line is awful.

A QB's job is not to make everyone else better. This is not basketball; he's not LeBron James. In football there are 11 guys each with their own jobs to do. On a RARE occasion you get a guy like Brady or Manning who will make his team significantly better. But MOST of the QBs in the NFL are servicable guys who fluctuate given the situation. Unfortunately for JC, he's in a pretty horrible situation right now.

I honestly don't believe anybody outside of Manning would make our offense significantly better right now, and that may even be stretching it...

rivers, rodgers, Romo sits to pee, eli, manning, brady, brees, cutler, hasselbeck, palmer, ryan, favre, flacco, big ben.

all of these guys make guys around them better. we just dont have a guy like that. rodgers and big ben run for their lives all game and still make big plays. campbell is the #1 problem. hes not the only problem, but hes the biggest one, and has been for years.

Our line has not been awful all season. But our offense has.

Even if I were to concede that our line has been leaky, and will continue to be leaky... there's a player taken one pick before JC back in 2005 that is producing offensively with a line that's been far worse than ours - his name is not Peyton Manning, or Tom Brady. It's Aaron Rodgers.

And quite frankly, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethleswhatever, and Jay Cutler have seen their lines crumble at various times this season. And they've elevated their play and won games. Then again, they're legit QBs.

Redskins have one of the worst lines in football at the moment. We have 2 solid starters (Samuels and Thomas), who are aging.

Big Ben gets sacked because he doesn't care and holds on to the ball for about 20 minutes.

Denver has a sick O-line, Cutler just likes to wait for the deep ball as well.

Rivers is the only one I think can play well without a great o-line, and part of that is because of LT.

Redskins have one of the worst lines in football at the moment. We have 2 solid starters (Samuels and Thomas)' date=' who are aging.

Big Ben gets sacked because he doesn't care and holds on to the ball for about 20 minutes.

Rivers is the only one I think can play well without a great o-line, and part of that is because of LT.[/quote']

lol, sorry dude, its clear you dont keep up with the NFL.

thomas is out for the season.

culter is on the bears, not the broncos.

rivers does just fine without LT, whos lost it more than portis has.

Redskins have one of the worst lines in football at the moment. We have 2 solid starters (Samuels and Thomas)' date=' who are aging.[/quote']

Who isn't aging? Besides Michelle Pfeiffer?

Rivers is the only one I think can play well without a great o-line, and part of that is because of LT.

Boy, where do I start...

Big Ben has an average at best Oline. He was under siege last year and still played great. It's not an optimal way to play offense, but he makes it work somehow.

Cutler is in Chicago now and LT has 20 carries for 70 yards this year. Try to keep up.

Redskins have one of the worst lines in football at the moment. We have 2 solid starters (Samuels and Thomas)' date=' who are aging.

Rivers is the only one I think can play well without a great o-line, and part of that is because of LT.[/quote']

This doesn't make any sense. Have you not watched football the last few years?

Big Ben get sacked because he doesn't care? I'm sure he doesn't like getting sacked by 300lb linemen 3-4 times a game.

Cutler is on the Bears, not Broncos...

LT hasn't been good since 2007. He was ok last year and hasn't done anything this year.

So...?

If theyre already saying hes out, he probably won't be back until AT LEAST after the bye.

I seriously don't even want them to have to play the rest of the season. Would much rather fast forward until March. Its only going to get worse.

I just feel bad for some of the young guys... I think we have some good young talent and I wish they didn't have to suffer through this misery... and Campbell and Zorn, who are nice guys, are going to suffer through the brunt of the misery from most fans and media.

Now see, here's a comment that is negative about the state of the team, believing the season is over, yet he did it with class. No hate, no insults, an obvious love for his team, just disappointment and disbelief. This is the problem with this board... it's not the disappointment and disbelief that's a problem, it's that there's just no class anymore in how people show their frustrations, making an opposing team's fan who hates the Redskins no different in words than a Redskins fan who is supposed to love this team.

Now see, here's a comment that is negative about the state of the team, believing the season is over, yet he did it with class. No hate, no insults, an obvious love for his team, just disappointment and disbelief. This is the problem with this board... it's not the disappointment and disbelief that's a problem, it's that there's just no class anymore in how people show their frustrations, making an opposing team's fan who hates the Redskins no different in words than a Redskins fan who is supposed to love this team.

BS. youre one to talk. you spent last week calling me names for almost an entire day.

unreal that you could post something this ridiculous considering your recent history.

Archived