Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'll admit it.... today I actually WANTED us to lose...

street_lyte

I can't root for this team at this point. They are a joke. I'm not going to waste my time on supporting a team that isn't doing their part. That doesn't mean I'm a fairweather fan. That just means that I'm tired of the same BS. If I was a fair weather fan I wouldn't have rooted for this team during all of the 5-8 win seasons that I wasted all my money on.

We have a better chance of making the playoffs next year if we win as many games as we can this year and fix the o-line in the offseason. Giving up on the season is going to cause us to lose faith in ourselves, we'll implode, and remain uncompetitive for at least another 5 years.

First of all, that is your opinion. Today, just like any other day, I was a skins fan.

Question for you:

What if the bright side of a loss FAR outweighs the bright side of a win? We can't exactly quantify what a loss does for us in the short or longterm, we all have our own opinions.

We could lose ten in a row and that may not matter to the powers that be.

I root for the Redskins. Today, you did not. Simple as that.

See, this is the kind of responses I expected, and I'm not saying you are wrong.

Just tell me WHY you and so many people believe this.

And please, explain yourself without all the condescending, arrogant, "I'm a better fan than you are" crap.

No offense meant, and I never said you were crap. This is ExtremeSkins for a potent reason. We are "extreme" fans. That is not to say we do not get upset, or even disgusted with how things go.

Changes are in order and I think they will come. Let me ask you this...

... would you have wished us to be stomped at Pearl Harbor simply because we were not paying enough attention to the Japanese?

I always want us to win. but i understand your take a step back to get 2 steps foward attitude. However the only problem is that campbell will not be benched even if we lose. So we might as well root for a win. Because chances are we'll be winning despite campbell not because of him and he'll get benched anyway.

Yeah, I get your point OP...problem is no matter how much the Skins lose, no matter how bad they look in victory, this franchise is doomed to suck as long as Dan 'The Curse' Snyder owns this team. Plug in any coach, plug in any coordinator, plug in any QB, plug in any RB...doesn't matter. The dark cloud will forever hang as long as Danny-boy owns.

No offense meant, and I never said you were crap. This is ExtremeSkins for a potent reason. We are "extreme" fans. That is not to say we do not get upset, or even disgusted with how things go.

Changes are in order and I think they will come. Let me ask you this...

... would you have wished us to be stomped at Pearl Harbor simply because we were not paying enough attention to the Japanese?

I'm sorry, but that analogy just does not work. You are equating the loss of thousands of lives to making a bad season into a disaster season. There is simply no comparison.

And Burgold....

Why are you telling me what to do?

I can choose to root for the team however I want to. I'm not going to walk away, because I can't. I feel that losing, and losing badly is what is best for this team right now.

Just look at the NBA;

The draft lottery in the NBA was created because teams were tanking seasons to get higher draft picks. Now, 1 pick in the NBA can have much more dramatic changes to a team than 1 pick in the NFL, that's obvious. Now, 1 top-ten pick in 2010 isn't something that will help us greatly, but it might give us more ammo to trade down for additional 2nd/3rd rounders to add some solid players/depth, or to move up and get us a top QB, if that's the road we choose.

I'm not really even thinking about a high pick, since it's so hit or miss anyways. I would much rather have our roster and coaching staff blown up where necessary.

I feel the worse we do the better our team is for the future. Maybe you are just 100x more optimistic than me, and hope for the best, but I'm past that.

Make it quick and ugly, and let's look at a change in culture for 2010.

I'm sorry, but that analogy just does not work. You are equating the loss of thousands of lives to making a bad season into a disaster season. There is simply no comparison.

I was not equating it to a loss of life, but rather to a humiliating defeat that may have been preventable.

I didn't want us to lose. I actually was enjoying the game for a while there, despite our offensive ineptitude.

But the moment we lost, I didn't feel any pain but rather immediately felt a little good that Snyderrato would have another week on the hotseat and butt of jokes and insults. Not mature I know, but at this point this is the only joy I can get out of this sorry franchise. Ridicule for Danny and Vinny.

I didn't want us to lose. I actually was enjoying the game for a while there, despite our offensive ineptitude.

But the moment we lost, I didn't feel any pain but rather immediately felt a little good that Snyderrato would have another week on the hotseat and butt of jokes and insults. Not mature I know, but at this point this is the only joy I can get out of this sorry franchise. Ridicule for Danny and Vinny.

How I felt..I like how you said it better though. lol

i get what you're saying, as long as snyder thinks we're in it he'll keep everything around. but 8-8 or 5-11 and he's never blown it up.

and i would never root for the redskins to lose and i would never root against a member of the team.

there are a lot of people on here that do both.

See, I expect people to say this, but just explain why? Is there some rulebook to being a fan?

Hoping for a disaster 2009 season =/= wanting the cowboys to win.

And I understand I'm in the minority with wanting us to lose. But I know for a fact (by reading this board a lot) that many of you are very jaded and indifferent to us losing, for the reasons I mentioned already.

The difference between the jaded fans and I is just that I WANT disaster.

We're on the ground bleeding, just put a bullet in our head, and lets reset for 2010 with a strong, intelligent draft, and new players/personnel.

Dude, take your 12 posts back and start over like an arcade game. Here's a quarter, pop it in a machine and start over.......seriously.

You can root for your team to lose like a coward, and I'll root for my team to improve with the pieces we have in place.. if changes are in order at the end of the season so be it.. That is in the hands of the people who get paid to make those decisions.. I got tickets to three games this year and I had tempered expectations and high hopes.. I've been disappointed this year, but I still hope my team wins every week.. and if the skins were 0-5 going into this game, I'd still be excited to go to the stadium and scream my head off..

Hoping your team loses so that the players and coaches can be replaced with better people would be like me hoping the black plague wipes out the population of the DC area so that intelligent, less fair weather fans could move in.. I personally prefer to pray to the good Lord that our fans get smarter and more reasonable..

BTW.. It's good to be back fresh off my second suspension.. Not quite sure what this last one was for, but it's good to be back regardless..

And Burgold....

Why are you telling me what to do?

I can choose to root for the team however I want to. I'm not going to walk away, because I can't. I feel that losing, and losing badly is what is best for this team right now.

Just look at the NBA;

The draft lottery in the NBA was created because teams were tanking seasons to get higher draft picks. Now, 1 pick in the NBA can have much more dramatic changes to a team than 1 pick in the NFL, that's obvious. Now, 1 top-ten pick in 2010 isn't something that will help us greatly, but it might give us more ammo to trade down for additional 2nd/3rd rounders to add some solid players/depth, or to move up and get us a top QB, if that's the road we choose.

I'm not really even thinking about a high pick, since it's so hit or miss anyways. I would much rather have our roster and coaching staff blown up where necessary.

I feel the worse we do the better our team is for the future. Maybe you are just 100x more optimistic than me, and hope for the best, but I'm past that.

Make it quick and ugly, and let's look at a change in culture for 2010.

Fan is short for fanatic--someone who will never root against their team, shamefull. I turn my back to you.

It was hyperbole. It's one thing to look at the bright side of a loss. Its another to root against your team. Today, you were not a Redskins fan. Simple as that.

I consider this post B.S. What is beating the 0-3 Panthers going to do for your SB chances. Losing to the 0-3 Panthers might help you in the future. Maybe the owner will get his head out of his ass. I really doubt it, but something has to change and change soon. Winning will only delay the future. We need to start losing and start losing bad. It helped the Lions and yes I know the Lions still suck, but they beat us. There also headed in the right direction and we aren't. I would love to see the team head in the right direction for once.

I feel kinda similar.

While I will never root for the Redskins to lose, i've almost become numb to the loses now. I've lost pretty much all hope and faith in this team and though I root with everything I have to win, when they lose in the end, I can't find the energy to be angry or upset like I used to.

Meaningful games hurt to lose, hard fought games hurt to lose. To me, the loses are just becoming common place now.

People: Wake up! We lost to the Lions and gave thenm their first win. We lost to the Panthers and gave them their first win. We barely beat the Rams. We barely beat the Buccaneers. It's not that we losr it is how we lose. What we see as fans is obvious and how can we be expected to buy tickets, the apparel, brag about our team when we suck the way we do. I am embarassed now to be a fan. The team from top to bottom has a responsibility to win games and make decisions and adjustments to get wins. When us fans are smarter than the adminsitration we're going to have problems. There's nothing wrong with a fan hoping that we lose because maybe just maybe that will be the impetus to make changes or maybe Snyder will start by getting rid of Cerrato...crap flows down hill and it starts with him....or maybe Snyder needs to stop with the marketing ploys to get us to believe we have a chance. Other than London Fletcher our FA's have been terrible!

and i would never root for the redskins to lose and i would never root against a member of the team.

I drove 9+ hours each way and cheered for over 4 minutes for Art Monk. These guys....HA!, they don't deserve anything from us. I laugh at their ineptitude. They need to be aware that wearing a skins uniform isn't enough.

I just do not want the players to give up and play sloppy now.

:doh: NOW!!! Have we been watching the same games? Seems to me they perfected giving up and playing sloppy looooong ago.

After the TD by Portis ... I said to myself " Now here is where we lose the game.

The ensuing kickoff he takes it into Redskins territory and I put my head in my hands...

After the TD to King in which our rookie DE is covering him in space..

I logged on here went to the game thread and typed "I told ya so" referring to the sig I've had for a month now and started to pace.

Finally after Zorn called that 4th down slant in which EVERYONE IN THE WORLD knew was coming! I just cut the TV off and we were still up by 5. The inevitability of the Washington Redskins makes you sometimes wish they would lose. But for me I just stopped caring because they do!

Archived