Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'll admit it.... today I actually WANTED us to lose...

street_lyte

For the first time ever in my 18-ish years of being a Skins fan....I actually wanted us to lose.

Yes. I said it. I WANTED us to LOSE.

Call me a fairweather fan, a hater, not a real fan, whatever. I couldn't care less what you think of me either way.

It seems that the more we lose...

the more our players and coaches show how inept they are...

the more we show our incredible lack of depth...

the more we show our inability to finish games...

the more we show our lack of heart...

it will become increasingly apparent to Snyder that real changes need to be made. REAL changes, not band-aids.

This is just my view of looking at things. I know a lot of fans out there that say they can never root for their team to lose, and I completely understand that.

Many of you may hope for us to turn it on after the bye and finish 9-7 or 8-8, with remote chances of a wildcard berth, but I and many others here believe that this season is OVER.

So, if it's already over, I say make it as ugly as possible, for the sake of the future of our team. A top-10 pick in 2010, and an UGLY 2009 season that would have ANY owner desperate to do whatever it takes not to repeat something as horrendous as we are seeing.

HTTR

This actually kinda makes sense. Continuing to be mediocre is not helping the real problems with this team. One abysmal season could help us to get rid of some of the cancers that are plaguing this team. However, I will never hope for the Redskins to lose a game no matter what.

Go buy yourself some items with blue stars, then.

See, I expect people to say this, but just explain why? Is there some rulebook to being a fan?

Hoping for a disaster 2009 season =/= wanting the cowboys to win.

And I understand I'm in the minority with wanting us to lose. But I know for a fact (by reading this board a lot) that many of you are very jaded and indifferent to us losing, for the reasons I mentioned already.

The difference between the jaded fans and I is just that I WANT disaster.

We're on the ground bleeding, just put a bullet in our head, and lets reset for 2010 with a strong, intelligent draft, and new players/personnel.

What's amusing, in this and the other thread when a guy honestly opened up on his utter, helpless frustration and exasperation of almost constant week in, season out mediocrity for nigh on 20 years this week; is all the flaming of the OP's in question and questioning of their fan hood for their sheer honesty in wanting change born out of sheer desperation as to how it's brought about.

And you think your better fans than the respective OP's because you accept and condone mediocrity, and attack guys who honestly open up to their desperation? :doh:

I'd personally never set out on a Sunday wanting the 'Skins to lose, but I FULLY understand and appreciate that view after suffering through all of the above through the duration, with little sign of change; and find it highly amusing and ironic reading the posts claiming to be better fans than they.

Hail.

yeah, I get your point and in all truth the redskins will need to lose to the chiefs and lay and egg in front of the nation on monday football for Sndyer to open his eyes. For some reason I feel like the vinny era could finally come to an end and Sndyer could actually open his eyes to the truth about his philosophy. I know the skins will bomb against the eagles but probably not to the cheifs.

IF losing two games before the bye means Snyder actually changing his philosophy and Vinny leaving the redskins. I'm all for it

See, I expect people to say this, but just explain why? Is there some rulebook to being a fan?

It was hyperbole. It's one thing to look at the bright side of a loss. Its another to root against your team. Today, you were not a Redskins fan. Simple as that.

yeah, I get your point and in all truth the redskins will need to lose to the chiefs and lay and egg in front of the nation on monday football for Sndyer to open his eyes. For some reason I feel like the vinny era could finally come to an end and Sndyer could actually open his eyes to the truth about his philosophy. I know the skins will bomb against the eagles but probably not to the cheifs.

IF losing two games before the bye means Snyder actually changing his philosophy and Vinny leaving the redskins. I'm all for it

I like your Zorn sig Soup. That looks good. Too bad you won't get to use it very long :silly:

I already am rooting against the Skins. Not so much because I want them to lose, but I want Synder to be humilated into bringing in a real GM to run the operations. I hope the Skins don't win a game the rest of the season. 8-8 means more of the same old same old...

And I understand I'm in the minority with wanting us to lose. But I know for a fact (by reading this board a lot) that many of you are very jaded and indifferent to us losing, for the reasons I mentioned already.

The difference between the jaded fans and I is just that I WANT disaster.

We're on the ground bleeding, just put a bullet in our head, and lets reset for 2010 with a strong, intelligent draft, and new players/personnel.

I did not "want us to lose", however I did expect it...........

This is going to be a rough year, after many years of getting mad about the poor plays and losing, I am at peace with it. We are a 6 and 10 team. Give or take a couple of games. But you are right the culture has to change.

It was hyperbole. It's one thing to look at the bright side of a loss. Its another to root against your team. Today, you were not a Redskins fan. Simple as that.

First of all, that is your opinion. Today, just like any other day, I was a skins fan.

Question for you:

What if the bright side of a loss FAR outweighs the bright side of a win? We can't exactly quantify what a loss does for us in the short or longterm, we all have our own opinions.

However, I believe that a loss today helps us far more than a win. That is why I rooted against us. And it's not like I was sitting there going, GO PANTHERS!!! YEA!!! SACK JC!!!!

I was more like a jaded fan just hoping for us to be put down quick and dirty, instead of some mangled excuse for a team that is constantly having surgeries done just for hopes of being AVERAGE.

I never wish my team to lose, but if they do, and changing for the better in some way is the result then I can live with it. But to lose and nothing happens, or to win a lil and be mediocre and nothing changes, also not good. Changes need to be made, but the need to be the right ones...and nothing up to this point shows that the front office we have will make the right ones.

as a guy who has gotten extremely heated over every single loss for his entire life as a Redskins fan, I must say...

I've lost all emotion, concern, anger and, to be honest, I just stopped caring. It's a completely foreign feeling but I really could care less. I'm really starting to fear that in a few years I might just stop watching.

I say you are young and upset. Never, ever, come here and say you want(ed) our team to lose... no matter what positive thing you think would come of it.

See, this is the kind of responses I expected, and I'm not saying you are wrong.

Just tell me WHY you and so many people believe this.

And please, explain yourself without all the condescending, arrogant, "I'm a better fan than you are" crap.

Then walk away.

Don't root for them. Play catch with your son or some friends. Go to the movies. Read a book. Clean the attic. Work in a soup kitchen.

If you are a fan of this team and can't stand it... don't root for them to lose, leave. Come back when you can. If you root against them you are not a supporter of the team. It's that simple.

Right now, you are not a supporter or fan of the team. Whether that's because you are not a supporter of Vinny or Snyder or Campbell or Zorn... it doesn't matter. This team has lost your heart and you want them to lose.

Well, you can either boo your team and cheer their losing, walk away, or cheer.

You choose the role of the traitor.

Archived