Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade deadline Oct. 20 @4pm EDT - possible trades we could make? (merged)

Burgundy Burner

Here are some players I think that should be traded or cut next season ...

- Andre Carter, DE

- Philip Daniels, DE

- Fred Smoot, DB

- Carlos Rogers, DB

- DeAngelo Hall, DB (We gave him an undeservingly high contract)

- Antwaan Randle El, WR

- Santana Moss, WR (If we can't trade him, we need to find a good legitimate tall athletic #1 WR)

- Mike Sellers, FB

- Ladell Betts, RB

- Clinton Portis, RB

- Rock Cartwright, RB/KR/PR

- Jason Campbell, QB

It's stuff like this. This is the reason why I hate to be a Redskins fan.

"BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT OMG WE HAVE TO STOP TRADING AWAY DRAFT PICKS OMG"

Then, when drafting takes a little while to come through

"TRADE EVERYONE AWAY FOR DRAFT PICKS"

We need a solid, concerted effort of building through the draft. The stupid picks and even dumber trades aren't going to bring anything but more 9-7 seasons at best here. Give me 3-4 years of drafting solid players, year in and year out, and adding one or two decent pieces through free agencies, then we can make the big waves with mid season trades to give us that one or two pieces we need. One or two pieces isn't going to fix this team at this point.

Most of the guys on that list were not drafted by the Skins, but hey don't let facts get in the way of a good outrage rant....

Here are some players I think that should be traded or cut next season ...

- Andre Carter, DE

- Philip Daniels, DE

- Fred Smoot, DB

- Carlos Rogers, DB

- DeAngelo Hall, DB (We gave him an undeservingly high contract)

- Antwaan Randle El, WR

- Santana Moss, WR (If we can't trade him, we need to find a good legitimate tall athletic #1 WR)

- Mike Sellers, FB

- Ladell Betts, RB

- Clinton Portis, RB

- Rock Cartwright, RB/KR/PR

- Jason Campbell, QB

the offseason is a whole different story... this thread is about the trade deadline. After this season, wont we have no cap to worry about next season? We can blow this thing up then.

the offseason is a whole different story... this thread is about the trade deadline. After this season, wont we have no cap to worry about next season? We can blow this thing up then.

True that. My list is huge, but with the trade deadline coming, only one or two can realistically be traded.

Exactly the deadline is the 20th right?

Yes, at 4pm EDT.

T

Ladell Betts

Andre Carter

Fred Davis

London Fletcher

Cornelius Griffin

Malcolm Kelly

LaRon Landry

Rocky McIntosh

Santana Moss

Clinton Portis

Casey Rabach

Antwaan Randle-El

Chris Samuels

Mike Sellers

Fred Smoot

Devin Thomas

Randy Thomas

Okay someone already said it but RT is on IR.... I'm pretty Sure Moss, Portis, and ARE's contracts make them untradable, probably the same with Samuels. not sure about the rest.

Okay someone already said it but RT is on IR.... I'm pretty Sure Moss, Portis, and ARE's contracts make them untradable, probably the same with Samuels. not sure about the rest.

with the Redskins current cap virtually the entire roster is untradeable. Or at least people that teams would want are

If the owners don't agree to a new labor agreement at the end of the 2010 season (this season) , guess what NO SALARY CAP.

"..2011 would be an uncapped season. NFLPA president Gene Upshaw has said once there is an uncapped year, a salary cap would never return. Death of the small market teams?.."

We will be the Yankees of football and lo and behold the rulers of the Universe. ... i jest, i kid...not really ;)

Gene Upshaw's gone now. I don't see the owners agreeing to a new labor agreement without some form of a cap. I predict we'll see something that makes it easier for dead cap space to go away. That means there'd be a limit to how much a team could spend at a time, but there would be more to go around

BB I don't think we have CAP room to cut any of the players you listed? This offseason when we have a new coach who knows they all might go plus some?

I'm not a cap expert, but many fans in here have a good point. However, we could trade a Moss, a Portis, or a Landry if they re-structure a la Archuletta and get a new deal from their next team.

Any teams looking to make a Super Bowl run could make these deals and the bonus for each player is a potential ring. And the Redskins can get multiple draft picks.

I agree that the offseason will bring huge changes. Plus, we could get more draft picks with additional trades at that time.

Archived