Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do Bronco fans miss Shanahan?

veteranskinsfan

If memory serves me correct the main knock on Shanahan was the late-season-chokes which plagued the team for several years. I'll reserve judgment on this issue until I see Denver actually clinch the division and not choke it away like they did last year

20/29 243 yards and 2 tds. That's not bad at all.

He was actually pretty bad all game. He hit a lot of screens and dink and dunks. The longer passes to wide open WRs were way off the mark all game.

And the first TD pass to Moreno shouldve been a pick 6 for Dallas if Spencer could actually catch a football.

That Denver defense won that one.

They probably don't miss him, but than, this isn't nearly teh same team that Shanny coached Denver with.

The reason why I want Shanahan is that his teams tended to be very good consistently. Furthermore, his hybrid WCO is very intriguing.

I like that he emphasizes teh OL so much, and believes he can fit in skill players at RB and WR without much effort.

He was actually pretty bad all game. He hit a lot of screens and dink and dunks. The longer passes to wide open WRs were way off the mark all game.

And the first TD pass to Moreno shouldve been a pick 6 for Dallas if Spencer could actually catch a football.

That Denver defense won that one.

QFT

Yeah, I would say they won despite Orton.

The Broncos just defeated the Cowboys. They are now 4-0.

Skins fans should not clamor for Shanahan either. What do you think?

What a great job McDaniels has done so far. Even saw him and Marshall hugging today. However, I still don't think they've really beaten anyone yet. The Bengals are mediocre. Same with Dallas. And the Raiders and Browns are two of the worst teams in the league.

They're gonna win the AFC West by default.

What a great job McDaniels has done so far. Even saw him and Marshall hugging today. However, I still don't think they've really beaten anyone yet. The Bengals are mediocre. Same with Dallas. And the Raiders and Browns are two of the worst teams in the league.

Nah, San Diego has always owned that division.

Nah, San Diego has always owned that division.

In recent memory, yes. However, this isn't a very good Charger bunch at the moment. They have some serious issues on the defensive side. Not to mention, LT is not the LT we're used to seeing. In order for the Chargers to win the division this year, they're gonna have to fix those two problems. And they've already built themselves a two game deficit in the division. Whether or not the Broncos or Chargers win it, I'm pretty sure 9-7 will be enough to get it done.

None of the re-tread coaches mentioned most often have any appeal to me at all. They are just familiar names Snyder would recognize and trigger his "throw money at it" reflex.

Also all those guys, Shanahan included would want to run the GM side of things as well, which at this point is more or less proven to be a nonstarter.

If the Bengals are mediocre, than so are the Packers and Steelers.

];6847919']If the Bengals are mediocre' date=' than so are the Packers and Steelers.[/quote']

I never said anything about the Packers and Steelers. FWIW, the Steelers are just not the same club with Troy out. He's definitely a difference maker. And I don't think the Packers have played anywhere near their best ball yet. But as of now, yes, they would have to be considered mediocre.

Shanny hasn't won a damn thing since Elway retired. He benefited from playing in the debacle that was the AFC West pre-Marty in San Diego. Historic collapse last season to lose the division to San Diego. Simply put, pasture time. I will be pissed if he is the next Skins coach.

Shanny hasn't won a damn thing since Elway retired. He benefited from playing in the debacle that was the AFC West pre-Marty in San Diego. Historic collapse last season to lose the division to San Diego. Simply put, pasture time. I will be pissed if he is the next Skins coach.

He won't come here. He's drooling over Dallas and that 3-headed RB monster. With his cut-blocking methods, they'll never have to throw a pass again.

Gimme Holmgren.

Archived