Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep Zorn. Bench Campbell.

FanSinceSonnyJ

My two cents, based on reading the play by play (sorry but that is all I have right now!!) is that the defence was the big problem. We got the Lions in terrible field positions on a number of occasions and then let them march right down the field. Often with those 3rd and longs that come up every week.

Okay we still only seem to be able to move the ball until we get near the opposition end-zone but, with a half decent defence, going for it on 4th and 1 for instance should always be the right decision.

That pass was due to the lions being in a prevent defense. Some of you fail to realize that campbell made most of his yards while the lions were in prevent d. Our QB sucks, our RBs suck, our coaching staff sucks, everything and everyone on our team sucks. We've been mediocre since 1999 and it doesn't look like its going to get any better. We need to blow this ***** up.
They weren't in prevent D in the 3rd quarter, and he had well over 200 yards prior to the prevent D being in place. His final stats are misleading, yes, but the 57 yarder was NOT against a prevent D.

For the last few weeks, I've thought JC and Cooley were the only starters on offense who looked like an NFL caliber player at their position game in and game out. For what it's worth I thought Cooley had an off day yesterday rnning routes short of the marker.

Moss? Didn't show up till this game.

Portis? When was the last game he was a diference maker?

Offensive line? Have you ever felt certain we can pick up 1 yard if we need it? Where is the push? We are constantly trying to run, but the RB starts having to earn his yards in our backfield. That's on the OL.

and Zorn? leaves points on the field all over the place like this team can afford to give up a few points for a chance to "make a statement." Well, we made a statement. We did what no other team in the last 19 games had been able to do. We lost to the Lions. That's a statement alright.

Bench JC? why replace the only part of the O that looks like it's working? How many starting QBs have worse QB ratings than Cambell? and with no running game and a wr core that drops passes like the football is a ticking bomb.

At the beginning of the year if someone had told me that the Redskins were going to lose to the Lions I would have said, "The only way that happens is if Jason Campbell plays like Jason Campbell normally does." Well guess what ... I was dead wrong. Campbell has been nothing less that solid to pretty darn good each week. He has improved each week in yardage and his decision making has gotten quicker. The team's woes aren't because of Campbell they start at the front office and trickle all the way down.

HTTR

QFT. I have slept on this and I agree with the comments above 100%.

We are not a good football team and that starts with the front office, coaching, players making stupid basic mistakes and the whole organisation including the fan base being uptight and fearing defeat rather than looking forward to winning.

We have many issues and Campbell may not be the long term answer at QB but he is a long way down the list of things that need fixing right now in my opinion.

I'd start by looking at a defense which give up 3 90 yard plus drives to a rookie QB and bad team in the first half and which consistently fails to get off the field on 3rd down. The offense can't score if they cant get on the field because the D keeps giving up 3rd down plays - time of possesion the last 2 games has been horrible.

We have to get this turned around right now or this will be a very long year.

I'd change QBs to see if that sparks the team. At this point, we are only getting 13 points a game with JC starting, which is about a TD less than the #16 ranked scoring team. That's just unacceptable at this point especially since we've played 2 of the worst defenses.

JC can get one or two solid drives, but that's not enough to win games. So far this season in the losses, he does nothing for 55 minutes and the team being down 2 scores, then he gets a TD and people are happy. I want to see more points production when the game isn't out of hand.

So the best thing maybe to just see what Collins can do and see if this season can be saved.

Yet another fan on this site who gets it. Collins may not be the answer, but we just do not know. One thing we defintely know is Jason Campbell is incapable of consistant play. He's now managing games so as not to make mistakes with the end result being indecisiveness and timidness. He is a 2nd tier QB at best.

The key possession for me in the game was when it was 13-7 Lions -- and we got the ball in the fourth period with about nine minutes left at mid field -- and did nothing with the possession. Nothing. That was the possession to take the lead -- and we didn't.

We then promptly let the Lions score again and go up 19-7 with five minutes left. When we need to be big where not.

The problem I have with this Jason led offense is that we don't step up when we need to. This league is about making plays at critical times. Sure we got an easy touchdown at the end of the game when it was pretty much over -- pad counting stats. That doesn't impress me. Jason is good for that. Defenses are play soft then.

This league is about making plays in crunch time -- and time and time we don't get it done in the big moments. Then the last hook and lateral play was a joke. Everyone knows you throw that pass to the end zone. Everyone except Jason and Zorn.

Personally, to me, if Jason had some moxie he should of questioned that call from Zorn, but no he just goes on and runs the play Zorn calls. They are both tied at the hip and will go down together. Jason should have at least done what Sonny said last week and called a time out when Zorn called for that half back option on third and goal. But Jason does not. Because Jason can't think for himself. He plays more like a caretaker and lacks leadership qualities. To me Jason should the quarterback that comes in when your "Real" starter goes down. Then I would probably look at him differently.

This is bad. Jason shouldn't get all the blame. But I would could be curious at this point to see what Collins brings to the table. He may at least provide the team some confidence. Something that is obviously lacking with this team and organization.

Outstanding post. My sentiments exactly.

They weren't in prevent D in the 3rd quarter, and he had well over 200 yards prior to the prevent D being in place. His final stats are misleading, yes, but the 57 yarder was NOT against a prevent D.

the 57 yarder was a good play against a busted defense. campbell made them pay with a great play.

the question is, how many other butchered defensive assignments did campbell potentially miss? i have a hard time believing that detroit played great defense all game and only missed one assignment.

Collins was good under Saunders, the guy he worked with for 9 years.

Did Campbell lose those games, or did the TEAM lose those games? Oh.

Anyone who thinks JC lacks leadership, has never been a leader themselves.

The rest of your posting about Collins is null and void, since we no longer run an offense he studied for 9 seasons as a BACK UP.

Give it up man, this is not Jason Campbell's doing, this is Zorn.

What a pile of dung. You are letting your lust for Campbell affect sound judgment. Take the blinders off and get rid of that silly photo in your signature until Campbell proves he can win in this league. He sucked under Gibbs and he sucks under Zorn. Do you see a pattern here? :doh:

Tarantula's savior shown below. The wins don't matter, so long as Jason starts.

JCsig.png

Why on earth would we bench the guy who 1.) has been our best offensive player, and 2.) is the only one who looks like he gives a damn out there on the field.

Benching Campbell doesn't fix the problems with this team. It doesn't make the defense and the running game not suck and our play-calling any better.

The only thing benching him would help us do is get a higher draft pick. Would you rather lose by 20 instead of just 5 and 6?

Why on earth would we bench the guy who 1.) has been our best offensive player, and 2.) is the only one who looks like he gives a damn out there on the field.

Benching Campbell doesn't fix the problems with this team. It doesn't make the defense and the running game not suck and our play-calling any better.

The only thing benching him would help us do is get a higher draft pick. Would you rather lose by 20 instead of just 5 and 6?

Campbell has not been our best offensive player and looks clueless out there. Throws into double coverage, fumbles the ball when untouched, throws dink passes for no gain with 50 seconds left and no timeouts, untimely interceptions (he could have had at least 2 addition throws picked off yesterday). You guys who lust for Campbell are unbelievable. Campbell is our "best" offensive player. What a heap of manure.

What a pile of dung. You are letting your lust for Campbell affect sound judgment. Take the blinders off and get rid of that silly photo in your signature until Campbell proves he can win in this league. He sucked under Gibbs and he sucks under Zorn. Do you see a pattern here? :doh:

Tarantula's savior shown below. The wins don't matter, so long as Jason starts.

JCsig.png

You write these post about Campbell being the problem, but what about Portis, the run game, the defense, will bringing in Collins have made the line block better on 4th and 1. You say take the blinders off, I think you have them on if you think that the only problem is Campbell. We have been a terrible organization since 1999. What was the problem then, how is it we brought a college coach (Spurrier) over and couldn't score (same problems). Now we brought in a qb coach and can't score. The only time we had a good offense was 1 year with Gibbs and Brunnell. IMO JC is not the problem, but I do want a change at QB, not because I think he is the problem but just to prove a point to our organization and fans. I really believe that Collins would come in and we would be no better. Until we change the mentality in our organization, I bet if we had Rex Ryan as our coach we would be 3-0.

Campbell has not been our best offensive player and looks clueless out there. Throws into double coverage, fumbles the ball when untouched, throws dink passes for no gain with 50 seconds left and no timeouts, untimely interceptions (he could have had at least 2 addition throws picked off yesterday). You guys who lust for Campbell are unbelievable. Campbell is our "best" offensive player. What a heap of manure.

I am not going to argue about Campbell just a question

Who do you think has been the best offensive player besides JC and Cooley?

Archived