Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep Zorn. Bench Campbell.

FanSinceSonnyJ

The stats may put him there, but he fails to come up at the crucial moments when he most needs to. We saw this begin in Gibbs' last year, it came up last year a few times, and now here we are again. No, he is not the sole problem, but he is a part of the problem. He'll get a couple of more weeks to get it together, but if he doesn't I suspect we'll see what Collins can do.

My point exactly. The sooner he is benched, the better IMO.

I could give a rip what he looked like in preseason as most of the time was given to Chase and Colt. At least he proved he could win a couple of season ago when he delivered something like 5 straight wins to get us into the playoffs.

It would be 4.

Brunell won us 5 games in a row in 2005, we all saw what he did in 2006. But I forgot, Collins is different :hysterical:

How can you bench a player coming off of a 340 yard performance and 2 tds and 1 int? He is in the top 10 in most passing statistics. I think that there is a lot of blind hate going on in this room.

Maybe if Campbell could put up those starts before defenses switch it up to burn time off the clock.

At this point, I think that's probably best, too. Campbell has shown flashes but time and time again fails to come up when it counts most. Furthermore, he's usually just average, and he still makes too many silly mistakes. Why did he throw a 1 yard pass to Rock over the middle with 2 and a half minutes to go?

Was that one of the dumbest passes ever or what? Just proves my point that he can not read the field or is in tune with the pace of the game. He had about 2-3 other passes that could have been intercepted easily as well. I'm sick of his subpar performances week end and week out.

Too bad Danny and Vinny couldn't land Sanchez or Culter this offseason. Sigh.

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!! Zorns offense can move the ball and it can score with Collins or any other quarterback, because they can throw accurate passes over 15 yards. Todd doesn't have to throw 80 yard bombs, but he can throw them 40 yards and very accurate.

He spreads the ball to all the receivers and this offense will take off if he runs it. He took us undefeated in December against 5 teams fighting for the playoffs and one winning the Super Bowl.

Get his azz on the bench where he belongs Zorn, or you deserve and will go down the road with him after this season. I want to go to the playoffs and Jason Campbell isn't going to get us there!

It would be 4.

Brunell won us 5 games in a row in 2005, we all saw what he did in 2006. But I forgot, Collins is different :hysterical:

It may be the same result. But you have to remember that Brunell had very specific deficiencies that I detailed often and thoroughly since he was acquired. Collins is a different QB who is not afraid of the pocket and doesn't rely no his base to do his job as a QB. It's a different situation.

Honestly 90% of this board is completely insane. The run game is non-existent. The playcalling is stale and predictable. The ST on punts is terrible. Recievers are dropping catches they shouldn't.

If there's ANY silver lining in our team, its Jason Campbell and what hes done considering the above. You guys are idiots.

More Collins Hate

We KNOW JC sucks

You can Assume Collins Sucks....I will not

Actually we KNOW that Collins is a 15 year career backup with a passer rating of 76.2. We also KNOW that Jason Campbell's worst season QB rating is higher than that and we KNOW that Jason Campbell currently has a QB rating in the 90s.

So that's what we KNOW. You SAY that Campbell sucks. There is a difference.

The worst think Snyder could do now is fire Zorn 3 games into the season. It would do nothing but throw in the towel, after only 3 games for the season.

On the other hand, benching Campbell should be priority # 1. He is simply too slow to read the field and too slow in getting rid of the ball. West coast offenses require quick judgment and a quick release. He's now been given ample time to show improvement and has not. Time to bench him now. Announce Collins as next week's starter and groom Colt or try drafting another promising upstart after the season. My feeling is we can win with Collins. One thing we do know now is that we can not win or score with Campbell. No he doesn't deserve all the blame, but a large part of the blame for our lousy offense falls on his shoulders.

Anyone agree?

What game were you watching today? I don't recall JC playing on defense which allowed a rookie QB to pick apart the defense which was non-existent :doh:

I don't think Todd can execute the offense better than Jason. Zorn would not have put his money on the JC Train if Todd was better. Everyone understood what was at stake this year...no turning back. Zorn may use a quarterback change to save his job, but in the end...his play calling will re-surface.

Honestly 90% of this board is completely insane. The run game is non-existent. The playcalling is stale and predictable. The ST on punts is terrible. Recievers are dropping catches they shouldn't.

If there's ANY silver lining in our team, its Jason Campbell and what hes done considering the above. You guys are idiots.

Agree.

For some reason people equate wins and losses with the quarterback and the quarterback alone, regardless of what the other 52 players did. It really does make this board unreadable at times.

I agree...we are going to watch Jason go a win a SuperBowl with some other team. Why do we have to have a superstar at QB? I will take a star...JC takes good care of the ball and is a total class act. Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Rypien, Humphries...all not superstars. We need to fix the other pieces before QB.

On another note, can we get a Punt Returner with some nuts, someone who is hungry? The ARE act is old and cold.

:evilg:

best post ive read today.. thanks for that

I could not disagree with the op more.

I don't know what is wrong with a certain faction of the board. Those who want to put in a 40 year old career back up over a starting QB who gave you 350 yards and 2 tds today have some other agenda going on that I've yet to figure out. JC has done nothing this season to warrant such goofy calls for his head.

Archived