Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep Zorn. Bench Campbell.

FanSinceSonnyJ

Campbell doesn't lose us games.

The problem is that he doesn't win us games either.

He's the perfect nutshell for this team. He's just good enough to keep us in games but not quite good enough to get us a win.

He should not be benched however because he's the only QB on our team with any shot at being the starter next season which is what we have to be thinking about. Might as well give him 13 more games to prove himself.

I disagree with the person who said firing Zorn wouldn't do anything.

If we bring in a good coach now (Shanahan) he can review the team from the inside instead of the outside and see what really needs to be done for next season.

A reasonable response. I'm not sure if I'm crazy about Zorn as it still fairly early under his watch. I definitely know what we have in JC - a middling QB at best.

Sadly, I see no scenario where a successful coach would be willing to work here. The russian roulette we play with coaches and roster have cost us dearly. This team has zero stability anywhere and it shows.

Now I must admit, JC isn't my favorite QB by the least bit but I wouldn't put this on JC @ all..JC is not a west-coast QB and that is messing him up..you GOTTA call plays to the strength of the player and it's obvious he's not the fastest learner so he can't get it...its the lil things - like he stares down the reciever alot of the time but we can work on that..its the play calling that he has to work with that he is not that strong in..look @ his stats from yesterday game..like he may have been the best QB all across the board yesterday and still ended up losing..so it's not that he can't get the job done..IMO he is not comfortable in this offense..I agree that it would mess us up if Zorn is fired mid season but if we don't then we're stuck with the same garbage play-calls..so what do you do? And IMO Todd Collins would not help the situation

That circus stunt lateral call on the final play of the game was just mind boggling. Not only did we have plenty of time to run a down and out, we never took a shot at the end zone. And then Betts lets himself gets tackled without lateraling it? That pathetic play call is proof that Zorn is way over his head calling plays.

A reasonable response. I'm not sure if I'm crazy about Zorn as it still fairly early under his watch. I definitely know what we have in JC - a middling QB at best.

Sadly, I see no scenario where a successful coach would be willing to work here. The russian roulette we play with coaches and roster have cost us dearly. This team has zero stability anywhere and it shows.

Finding a good coach who would want to coach here is going to be an issue for sure!

I'd hope that we could find a good young coach but obviously our current HO doesn't give me the confidence to believe that we could scout one out.

So I hope that Shanahan or Cower or Chucky's ego is big enough to want the challenge of working here and fixing this mess.

Thats the worst part about this whole situation. Synder could fire the entire coaching staff and start re-building today; but it wouldnt mean dick because he insists on being a gm/owner instead of just an owner.

The team has definitely hit rock bottom but I doubt it will make a difference. Synder has to hit rock bottom before this team will start winning on a consistent basis.

3-13 here we come...

That circus stunt lateral call on the final play of the game was just mind boggling. Not only did we have plenty of time to run a down and out, we never took a shot at the end zone. And then Betts lets himself gets tackled without lateraling it? That pathetic play call is proof that Zorn is way over his head calling plays.

Betts was unbeleiveably stupid on that play. I was stunned. Seems to me that's not the first time he's been tackled on a last second desperation play. What could he have been thinking??

Now I must admit, JC isn't my favorite QB by the least bit but I wouldn't put this on JC @ all..JC is not a west-coast QB and that is messing him up..you GOTTA call plays to the strength of the player and it's obvious he's not the fastest learner so he can't get it...its the lil things - like he stares down the reciever alot of the time but we can work on that..its the play calling that he has to work with that he is not that strong in..look @ his stats from yesterday game..like he may have been the best QB all across the board yesterday and still ended up losing..so it's not that he can't get the job done..IMO he is not comfortable in this offense..I agree that it would mess us up if Zorn is fired mid season but if we don't then we're stuck with the same garbage play-calls..so what do you do? And IMO Todd Collins would not help the situation

JC has had enough time to overcome staring down WR's, throwing into double coverage, learn the offense, and learn the tempo of the NFL. He still looks like a confused rookie and shows zero confidence. He needs to be benched NOW so that we can see if Collins can create spark. We certainly couldn't do worse with TC. Our record speaks for itself and JC's level of progression has earned him a spot on the bench. Period.

So I hope that Shanahan or Cower or Chucky's ego is big enough to want the challenge of working here and fixing this mess.

Synder already tried to get Cowher...he declined. Grunden and Shanahan are guys that will want 100% control over personnel decisions. As it stands now that wont happen either. Cerrato needs to be demoted and Synder needs to remove himself from all decisions regarding personnel and running the team. Until that happens...expect more games like yesterday.

There were problems in many areas, but most of solutions relied on Campbell. He didn't come up with many answers, and seemed less-than-effective until the last 5 minutes, when the Lions went into prevent mode.

In the second half of the Lions game, the Skins defense was able to stop the Lions offense quite a few times. But the Skins offense wasn't able to convert many third downs and gave the ball back. Those were the 'step up' opportunities for Campbell and he didn't get things moving until the last 5 minutes of the game.

I'd note that in the second half we were running to keep defenders from pinning back their ears and going after Campbell. We were relying on Campbell to effectively pass against what was essentially their standard defense, and oftentimes when they were still stacking against Portis. Campbell had his opportunities.

So, it was a real eye opener for me; with all those chances Campbell couldn't get it done against the standard Lions pass defense, minus their best pass covering LB. I felt it was a moment when a true franchise QB would have stepped it up. Instead we got safe passes for 9 yards when we needed 11.

This was a disappointing loss on many levels. I'm very worried about our O-line and TE being able to support a reliable running game. It's hard for Zorn to call plays when his options are getting so limited; both in running, and passing. The defense needs to carry us, until our offense can figure out a way to click. And under Campbell, the offense has not clicked on reliably.

I dunno, I don't think Campbell played that bad at all. Considering we had 0 rushing yards in the 1st half. Not sure how a guy can throw for 340yds and 2 TDs and still get blamed for the loss.

This game was lost because of our defense and Zorn. Explain to me why we only ran the ball 13 times yesterday? Campbell threw 41 times, that's not the kind of offense we've been running. We have no identity on offense. When we were winning last year it was because we could run the ball, this year we can't run the ball to save our lives.

Our defense has looked like crap so far too. We have the 16th ranked defense through 3 games. We have the 13th ranked offense, which so far is better than our 18th ranked offense from last year. So how is a defense that adds Haynesworth and Orakpo worse from a year ago?

That's why you can't put this on Campbell, he doesn't play defense.

JC has had enough time to overcome staring down WR's, throwing into double coverage, learn the offense, and learn the tempo of the NFL. He still looks like a confused rookie and shows zero confidence. He needs to be benched NOW so that we can see if Collins can create spark. We certainly couldn't do worse with TC. Our record speaks for itself and JC's level of progression has earned him a spot on the bench. Period.

I call BS.

JC doesn't make more mistakes then any other QB.

But, because you lack perspective you see every mistake your QB makes and think that other QBs don't make similiar mistakes.

JC did throw into double coverage, but he was doing what QBs do with receivers they trust, he was giving Kelly a chance to make a big play.

*News flash a QB will sometimes 'stare' down a receiver; its a mistake.

Every QB does it.

Including great QBs, last night i watched Peyton and Kurt Warner miss a few throws.

But, it JC did it with the regularity you suggest he wouldn't have these numbers:

CAM375235.jpg

Jason Campbell

#17 | QB | Redskins

27/41, 340 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT 97.6

Learn some football,

stop hating

HTTR!

That's why you can't put this on Campbell, he doesn't play defense.

Agreed. When is the last time the lions drove 99 yards to score a TD? Defense played pathetic. Same problems as previous years we do not create pressure...even with the blizt.

Lions defense gave up 142 yards to Mike Bell in week 1 and we had zero rushing yards at the half. O line run blocking is non-exsistent.

Campbell could have played better(turnovers) but there is no way you can hang this loss solely on him.

Synder already tried to get Cowher...he declined. Grunden and Shanahan are guys that will want 100% control over personnel decisions. As it stands now that wont happen either. Cerrato needs to be demoted and Synder needs to remove himself from all decisions regarding personnel and running the team. Until that happens...expect more games like yesterday.

Cower has said he was staying away for a couple years. He may be ready to come back if not now then in the offseason.

To bring in a guy with real credentials and potential VC and DS may see now that they have to give up some control.

I'm keeping hope alive.

But, it JC did it with the regularity you suggest he wouldn't have these numbers:

CAM375235.jpg

Jason Campbell

#17 | QB | Redskins

You forgot one stat with those precious "numbers". The thing that matters most.

L as in the guy who did not win the game. You'll notice a lot of L's beside Campbell's name if you look closely at his stats.

Learn some football,

stop blind love,

HTTR!

Something needs to change, the skins can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results.

At this point they should probably change the playcaller first and hand the offense over to Smith.

If no improvement then change out Campbell and see what Collins can do. Then rotate running backs and see what Mason/Aldridge/Betts can do alongside Portis.

Then rotate out Davis for Yoder and Mitchell for kelly. Also try four wideout sets with Mitchell Kelly Thomas and Moss. Maybe none of this will have any effect, but they can't fire Zorn at this point, there is nobody on the staff to take his place. They need to ride out at least this season and then evaluate the results and direction of the team from there.

its funny watching the jason haters always try and pin the losses on him. Sure he fumbled and had his mistakes, while our defense for yet another year in a row is playing down to opponents and getting walked over time in and time out. Our defense puts us behind early, lets their offense get in a groove. Our D scheme hands time of poss to our opponent, and bending loses the field position game for us. Remember Kurt Warner playing with one arm?? We didnt even attack him! Its a two way street and the magnifying glass in on Blache this week.

Zorn is a noob and his play calls suck. Nothing new. But Jason didn't even get a chance to throw in the end zone in those final 4 plays. Marko Mitchell, our best end zone threat, inactive. ARE still getting snaps in goal to go. :doh:

Great Post Gas Man

I call BS.

JC doesn't make more mistakes then other QB.

But, because you lack perspective you see every mistake your QB makes and think that other QB don't make similiar mistakes.

JC did throw into double coverage, but he was doing what QBs do with receivers they trust, he was giving Kelly a chance to make a big play.

Even great QB make mistakes, last night i watched Peyton and Kurt Warner miss a few throws.

*News flash a QB will sometimes 'stare' down a receiver.

CAM375235.jpg

Jason Campbell

#17 | QB | Redskins

Learn some football,

stop hating

HTTR!

JC is a product of Zorn's turd polishing abilities and nothing else.

L as in the guy who did not win the game. You'll notice a lot of L's beside Campbell's name if you look closely at his stats.

Learn some football,

stop blind love,

HTTR!

If you don't understand football is a team sport then you truly need to learn the game.

JC did his part. The defense and running game did not.

/thread

Learn some football,

stop blind love,

HTTR!

you were probably around here bashing him last week when he went out there and got the W

Archived