Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep Zorn. Bench Campbell.

FanSinceSonnyJ

The worst think Snyder could do now is fire Zorn 3 games into the season. It would do nothing but throw in the towel, after only 3 games for the season.

On the other hand, benching Campbell should be priority # 1. He is simply too slow to read the field and too slow in getting rid of the ball. West coast offenses require quick judgment and a quick release. He's now been given ample time to show improvement and has not. Time to bench him now. Announce Collins as next week's starter and groom Colt or try drafting another promising upstart after the season. My feeling is we can win with Collins. One thing we do know now is that we can not win or score with Campbell. No he doesn't deserve all the blame, but a large part of the blame for our lousy offense falls on his shoulders.

Anyone agree?

Well, i agree that it would be difficult to bring in a new coach three weeks into the season, but at the same time it was play calling, not the quarterback that ruined are chances this game, and, to a great extent, almost cost us a game last week.

Campbell seems to me like he is getting better each game... Zorn isn't.

I think he's improved tremendously. He has increased pocket presence and gets the balls off with a very quick release.

What??? You've got to be kidding me? He still zeros in on one reciever and has issues in reading the whole field and releasing the ball. I find it amazing that anyone could deny this fact.

Campbell didn't lose us the game.................

actually he had a very good game statistically baring the play calling. Can't expect the man to do much with those crappy plays Zorn was calling.

Listened to Detroit sports talk on the way home. They talked about how bad Zorn's playcalling was.

They spotted it in one game. I think it is the bigger problem.

I am sick of these "everything is Jason's fault" threads. People please realize Jason may never be a star, but he is certainly capable. Until we devote our resources to the OL no QB will succeed here.

And I'm just as sick of the "it's not Jason's fault" garbage. An offense is judged by its ability to score points and win games. Typically how the QB play goes, so does the offense. Lets take the blinders off please and look at this objectively. I understand that many of you love Jason for whatever reason and I'm cool with that. However loving him so much that you will sacrifice wins just to seem him flounder on the field is a little much. It certainly can't hurt to give someone else a chance since it is obvious Jason can't deliver.

Before you do that, you have to realize that our 1 backup, Collins looked hideous in preseason...

Campbell looks like Montana compared to Todd this year..

I could give a rip what he looked like in preseason as most of the time was given to Chase and Colt. At least he proved he could win a couple of season ago when he delivered something like 5 straight wins to get us into the playoffs.

What??? You've got to be kidding me? He still zeros in on one reciever and has issues in reading the whole field and releasing the ball. I find it amazing that anyone could deny this fact.

If the play you're crying about is that quick slant INT, Campbell had little time. But of course, fans don't count seconds but instead use spatial distance to determine how much time passed.

Todd Collins or any other QB we could possibly throw in there will not help out our pathetic running game.

TC can't get our defense to start creating turnovers, or at least stop a 3rd down conversion once in awhile either.

While our running game needs to improve, I submit that it would if we had any sort of passing game, which we don't. The opposing defenses let Jason miss his WR's and then stuff the line since they don't view our passing game as a threat.

I am sick of these "everything is Jason's fault" threads. People please realize Jason may never be a star, but he is certainly capable. Until we devote our resources to the OL no QB will succeed here.

Except you guys said that in 2007...then we went to the playoffs after LOSING four straight games with Campbell.

The O-line is fine, actually--he got pass pro today and in many of his subpar games--what are you talking about?

The offensive line and the defense and everyone else are always the problem---until someone else is in there.

I don't know if Collins is going to be the answer, honestly, it's a different offense and I don't know if Heyer is a solution at RT but the rest of the line is OK.

can Collins make the line calls? Jason can't. So if Todd could do that, maybe the line looks better and it synchs up with what Todd would want? Who knows.

I must be the only one that thinks Campbell was one of the few bright spots of today's game. He made 3 mistakes I can think of off the top of my head. The running game definitely wasn't there.

And also, there is no way Todd Collins would be an upgrade over Campbell. Zorn has made great strides with Campbell which admittedly is one of the few things he's done well. Although I do understand why people would think Collins would be an upgrade because of the 07 season.

Todd Collins or any other QB we could possibly throw in there will not help out our pathetic running game.

TC can't get our defense to start creating turnovers, or at least stop a 3rd down conversion once in awhile either.

Again, these exact same things were said in 2007. Then they all went away (at least for the most part and during the regular season.)

Hmm...(though I have my own doubts since Al Saunders isn't here anymore.)

If the play you're crying about is that quick slant INT, Campbell had little time. But of course, fans don't count seconds but instead use spatial distance to determine how much time passed.

What I'm talking about is his throwing into double coverage a number of times, missing all his 3rd down passing attempts except for a scramble, his interception and a few errant throws. The 57 yarder to Moss was nice, but other than that he looked as he always does - flat, slow, and somewhat eratic.

Archived