Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep Zorn. Bench Campbell.

FanSinceSonnyJ

Look even if being 2nd in the league in yards with a 97.6 rating is average; that was a hell of a lot better than our running game or our defense. I don't think anyone is saying that Campbell is a Pro Bowler, but what people are saying is that this is a team in shambles and blaming it one of the two guys who played even halfway decently (Moss being the other) is a little silly.

I wanted to give Zorn a little more time and I still don't think firing him midseason will solve anything, but come on, this team is playing SOFT. We're lacking execution time and again. At least wo of the non converted third downs were completions on routes cut off a yard short, Cooley and Moss simply have to know where they are on the field. And those were not crossing patterns in which they were supposed to catch the ball and run for the first, they were hitches which MUST be past the sticks.

Yup

what? the best the offense did today was when campbell was calling the plays in the hurry up and Zorn was taken out of the equation. We drove down the field, got into the redzone, and SCORED A TD. when's the last time zorn dialed up a play in the redzone that got us a TD? 2008?

Yup

Do you have any clue what you're talking about?

Watch the games again. Campbell is the only reason we lost by 5 today, and not 19.

Foolish is the fan who blames the QB without any good reason.

BINGO!

The D lost us the game. It seemed they gave up a 6 yard rush on first down every time, or is that just me. Kevin Smith is a very good runner dont get me wrong but we need to stuff the run like we did the previous 2 weeks against WAY better backs.
D gave up 19 points. That wins like 60% of NFL games. The Skins mustered 2 TDs on a team that was giving up 36 a game. It's the offense.

];6813107']Do you have any clue what you're talking about?

Watch the games again. Campbell is the only reason we lost by 5 today' date=' and not 19.

Foolish is the fan who blames the QB without any good reason.[/quote']

Take the blinders off guy, the guy you lust for in your signature pic is a bust. He has proven nothing except how to lead an offense down to the red zone and then lay an egg. For every good play he makes, there are 4 or 5 questionable ones. Some of you guys are amazing in your excuses and apologies for his lackluster, uninspiring play.

Fan, you're just plain wrong. I'm not going to provide alternate viewpoints because I just want you to take yours and reverse it in every way, save for any that may criticize Zorn. Just completely wrong in every way.

19-14 loss against a team that lost 19 straight games. 9-7 squeaker over the lowly Lambs. Yeah, sure, I'm wrong, your right. Campbell is our mesiah. Right? :rotflmao:

Campbell was NOT the MAIN problem tonight!!! Our defense let the Lions score 99 yards, 80+ yards for the FG, etc. It was more defensive than offensive. But it really does't matter becasue we lost as a team and this is really getting old. I never thought I would give up on the Skins but it's not looking good.

How can you bench a player coming off of a 340 yard performance and 2 tds and 1 int? He is in the top 10 in most passing statistics. I think that there is a lot of blind hate going on in this room.
Because the Lions took those stats in exchange for shutting down our running game, and Cooley. They bet on JC not being able to beat them, and they were right!

I would bench zorn and keep starting campbell, all of the other qb's on our roster including the extremely over-hyped brennan suck. In fact, I would release brennan so that he won't be taking up an important roster spot next year. I can't stand hearing all of the brennan savior talk, campbell is way better than him.

19-14 loss against a team that lost 19 straight games. 9-7 squeaker over the lowly Lambs. Yeah, sure, I'm wrong, your right. Campbell is our mesiah. Right? :rotflmao:

the problem is that no one is saying that.

no one here, even those who want campbell to stick as starter, is saying that jason is a pro bowler.

what people are saying is that he is not the be all/end all component of this team to blame.

ok - i dont think he can lead the team to the super bowl. i want another guy soon. but you watch the last couple games and your FIRST thought is "AHHH THE QUARTERBACK SUCKS?" that is borderline insane.

yeah - the qb position needs to be upgraded. i think its clear that eventually we need to find the "next" guy, and it needs to happen kind of soon. after watching a game and studying it and looking closely at whats happening, thats a valid opinion. but a blind "holy **** jason cost us that game you are insane if you think its not his fault" is really beyond incomprehensible

and "not giving a rip" that collins looked clueless in preseason? dont really know how to respond to that.

So it was Campbell's fault on 4th and 1 and the running game can't gain a yard for the TD? I am sorry, but if our team can't score on the one yard line the we don't deserve to win.

No, but he certainly deserves much of the blame - throwing into double coverage multiple times, a fumble when untouched for 8 yard loss, an interception, about 3 dump off throws with no timeouts and less than 50 seconds in the game. Must I go on? The guy is not pathetic, just subpar. Certainly not a winner. He's too slow reading the field, uses questioning judgment, holds the ball too long and has a long, slow wind up. These are the facts. Sorry, he is what he is. Subpar.

JC's stats are proving him to be a borderline top 10 QB in this league, despite the nonsense surrounding him. These threads are getting old and demand more research before getting started every 15 minutes.

The stats may put him there, but he fails to come up at the crucial moments when he most needs to. We saw this begin in Gibbs' last year, it came up last year a few times, and now here we are again. No, he is not the sole problem, but he is a part of the problem. He'll get a couple of more weeks to get it together, but if he doesn't I suspect we'll see what Collins can do.

the problem is that no one is saying that.

no one here, even those who want campbell to stick as starter, is saying that jason is a pro bowler.

what people are saying is that he is not the be all/end all component of this team to blame.

ok - i dont think he can lead the team to the super bowl. i want another guy soon. but you watch the last couple games and your FIRST thought is "AHHH THE QUARTERBACK SUCKS?" that is borderline insane.

yeah - the qb position needs to be upgraded. i think its clear that eventually we need to find the "next" guy, and it needs to happen kind of soon. after watching a game and studying it and looking closely at whats happening, thats a valid opinion. but a blind "holy **** jason cost us that game you are insane if you think its not his fault" is really beyond incomprehensible

and "not giving a rip" that collins looked clueless in preseason? dont really know how to respond to that.

Look guy, Campbell is not THE only problem, but he certainly is one of them. Your answer is to dismiss Collins because of how he looked in the limited reps he had in preseason? That's dumb logic. The guy already has proven he can win in the regular season, and already was our backup. Chase and Colts were given most of the backup reps.

Campbell is a dud. He may not be the sole reason we are losing, but he is not doing squat to help us win. The attitude of the offense starts and end with QB play. That is a fact. Gee, our offense has certainly played with swagger under Campbell, has it not? While probably not the 2nd coming (as many of you seem to think Campbell is), Collins deserves to start as this team needs a spark and Campbell is unable to generate it.

No, but he certainly deserves much of the blame - throwing into double coverage multiple times, a fumble when untouched for 8 yard loss, an interception, about 3 dump off throws with no timeouts and less than 50 seconds in the game. Must I go on? The guy is not pathetic, just subpar. Certainly not a winner. He's too slow reading the field, uses questioning judgment, holds the ball too long and has a long, slow wind up. These are the facts. Sorry, he is what he is. Subpar.

You act like there is 32 Payton Manning's to go around. Not every team is going to be able to have the best QB in the league. JC has played well so far this year, I think you need to go back and watch more film. Particulary on the deffencive side of the ball, because they were on the feild almost all day today, BECAUSE THEY CANT GET OFF THE FEILD!!!!

Look guy, Campbell is not THE only problem, but he certainly is one of them. Your answer is to dismiss Collins because of how he looked in the limited reps he had in preseason? That's dumb logic. The guy already has proven he can win in the regular season, and already was our backup. Chase and Colts were given most of the backup reps.

Campbell is a dud. He may not be the sole reason we are losing, but he is not doing squat to help us win. The attitude of the offense starts and end with QB play. That is a fact. Gee, our offense has certainly played with swagger under Campbell, has it not? While probably not the 2nd coming (as many of you seem to think Campbell is), Collins deserves to start as this team needs a spark and Campbell is unable to generate it.

no - the dumb logic is to ignore the fact that Collins looked good b/c of the system he was in when he had success in late 2007.

its not dumb logic to say that he would come in and play as well now - it is non logic.

im not even really trying to argue with you and say that campbell is the guy. but i think a lot of people are finally coming around and evening out a little.

jason is not an all pro - thats clear. and he is not some abomination of a QB either. we need to upgrade, but threads like this are just completely off-base.

Archived