Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep Zorn. Bench Campbell.

FanSinceSonnyJ

I must be the only one that thinks Campbell was one of the few bright spots of today's game. He made 3 mistakes I can think of off the top of my head. The running game definitely wasn't there.

And also, there is no way Todd Collins would be an upgrade over Campbell. Zorn has made great strides with Campbell which admittedly is one of the few things he's done well. Although I do understand why people would think Collins would be an upgrade because of the 07 season.

Oh brother. And just how many mistakes do you tolerate before you get it? He made no throwing 3rd down conversions, threw into double coverage numerous times, fumbled the ball untouched, yada, yada, yada. Jason Campbell has done absolutely nothing to prove he is a "bright spot" for this team unless you think anemic, inconsistant play is thrilling to watch.

350 yards + 2 td's = no sort of passing game?

Yes, repeat after me, "44 yards rushing by RBs is Campbell's fault. Our defense letting the Lions score on drives starting at their own 1, 5, 6, & 14 yardline is Campbell's fault. Our Running game unable to pickup a one yard on 4th down, Campbell's fault. Our defense unable to get their offense off the field with just over 2 minutes left and 3 timeouts is Campbell's fault. Our D unable to stop an immobile rookie QB from scrambling for a first down on 3rd & 13 just outside of field goal range was definitely Campbell's fault."

That clear it up?

Campbell looked good today, the defense on the other hand, let one of the worst teams in the league run the ball down our throat and a rookie qb pass at will. Campbell WAS NOT the problem today.......

Campbell did not look good today. He looked as he always does - average at best. A couple of nice passes mixed in with throws into double coverage and an interception and very slow reads/releases.

We do agree that the D looked off today. Nonetheless, they held the woeful Lions to 19 points, yet we still can't muster up enough points with this QB to win.

Campbell played well. He is dramatically better than he was a year ago. He actually creates time by moving in the pocket and keeps his eyes down field finding receivers. Some QB's "get this" earlier in their career.....actually, MOST good ones do. It has taken JC longer, but he is finally beginning to "get it." Now, isn't the time to ditch him.

We can't get rid of Zorn right now either. We would not only lose our Head Coach but also our QB coach and in reality our OC. Zorn does have some good qualities. I think he does a good job with actually coaching the players, but he needs to continually tweak his system to fit what he has....and should relinquish his play calling duties to just concentrate on coaching.

Right now, our biggest problems are a defense that can't stop anything on 3rd down, a line that can't run block, and a RB that can no longer take a run to the house. Not JC.

Zorn cost us this game. If he would have kicked a FG and declined the other penalty the game is 17-17 with us in FG range as time expires. This loss is all on Zorn's idiotic decision making.

Wrong. This game should have never been such a nail biter in the first place. A strong case can be made to support his decisions, unfortunately the team and our QB did not execute yet again.

Its common sense. When your in the redzone, you take all the sweeps, screens, half-back option plays, gadget plays...AND TOSS THEM OUT!!!

I mean Jesus, wen u want to score in the redzone throw some fades, run it up the gut with power, spread out the defense, put Campbell in the shotgun and give him the chance to either throw to a receiver or run it in himself.

This coach has no clue what he is doing. I'm not saying that Campbell didnt make any mistakes, but what I am saying is that Zorn is not an NFL head coach and until everybody realizes that, we will continue to lose games that we should win and be man-handled by superior teams.

Campbell has shown a lot of improvement this season and every season since he has been in the NFL. He is not the reason we are losing, neither is our receivers, running backs, o-line or the defense who is only giving up 14 POINTS A GAME. Its the idiotic play-calling in the red zone plain and simple, anybody who is failing to realize this has no idea what they are talking about.

Another guy that choose to ignore how much of the 340yards came in the last two drives when the Lions were in prevent, leaving the middle of the field open.

Another guy that chose to ignore that we have had no running game whatsoever in any of the three games we've played.

All of the offense we've produced has come from Campbell. He is not the problem.

Campbell played well. He is dramatically better than he was a year ago. He actually creates time by moving in the pocket and keeps his eyes down field finding receivers. Some QB's "get this" earlier in their career.....actually, MOST good ones do. It has taken JC longer, but he is finally beginning to "get it." Now, isn't the time to ditch him.

We can't get rid of Zorn right now either. We would not only lose our Head Coach but also our QB coach and in reality our OC. Zorn does have some good qualities. I think he does a good job with actually coaching the players, but he needs to continually tweak his system to fit what he has....and should relinquish his play calling duties to just concentrate on coaching.

Right now, our biggest problems are a defense that can't stop anything on 3rd down, a line that can't run block, and a RB that can no longer take a run to the house. Not JC.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Jason did not play great today either. He played like he always does - flat, inconsistant, slow reads, slow deliveries with a smattering of poor decisions.

Again, these exact same things were said in 2007. Then they all went away (at least for the most part and during the regular season.)

Hmm...(though I have my own doubts since Al Saunders isn't here anymore.)

Don't get me wrong, we need an actual QB, I'm just saying our problems at this point are far beyond just throwing TC out there.

Campbell did not look good today. He looked as he always does - average at best. A couple of nice passes mixed in with throws into double coverage and an interception and very slow reads/releases.

We do agree that the D looked off today. Nonetheless, they held the woeful Lions to 19 points, yet we still can't muster up enough points with this QB to win.

I'll play along, average play by a QB should be enough to beat the Lions, so I'd gather there were other problems today. Clinton Portis and that running game and the defense weren't exactly on fire today.

The D lost us the game. It seemed they gave up a 6 yard rush on first down every time, or is that just me. Kevin Smith is a very good runner dont get me wrong but we need to stuff the run like we did the previous 2 weeks against WAY better backs.

Campbell, yeah he got yards when the lions were in prevent but he still had over 250 yards before then. He was not the problem.

The oline gave him time, but they cannot run block for ****. I mean seriously.

Also I love how Zorn finally threw a fade to Kelly, too bad it was at the 12 ****ing yard line. Someone tell him you are supposed to do that on 5 yard line and in.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Jason did not play great today either. He played like he always does - flat, inconsistant, slow reads, slow deliveries with a smattering of poor decisions.

Look even if being 2nd in the league in yards with a 97.6 rating is average; that was a hell of a lot better than our running game or our defense. I don't think anyone is saying that Campbell is a Pro Bowler, but what people are saying is that this is a team in shambles and blaming it one of the two guys who played even halfway decently (Moss being the other) is a little silly.

I wanted to give Zorn a little more time and I still don't think firing him midseason will solve anything, but come on, this team is playing SOFT. We're lacking execution time and again. At least wo of the non converted third downs were completions on routes cut off a yard short, Cooley and Moss simply have to know where they are on the field. And those were not crossing patterns in which they were supposed to catch the ball and run for the first, they were hitches which MUST be past the sticks.

Archived