Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate Lavar and Chad

riggo4ever

I don't listen to their show because..

1. I never listened to Chad Dukes anyway.

2. Chad Dukes is certainly no sports reporter or analyst.

3. Lavar Arrington has never impressed me with any media professionalism, whether it be tv or radio.

.. but it's not because they bash the Redskins. Everyone in the bashes the Redskins these days.

What I hate about them is that they absolutely bash, and I mean bash, anybody that calls in and disagrees with them. Dukes does nothing but toss up softball Snyder bashing questions to Lavar. And then Lavar has the audacity to criticize players preparations. I don't want to listen to Larry Michael-type all-is-rosey broadcasts but something in between would be nice. Neither Dukes nor Lavar give any type of insight into anything of substance. I do have to thank them for making 980s evening drive-time show seem almost balanced.

The only thing that LA brings to that show is credibility. He knows the game very well, as any ex-player does.

The Sports Reporters, all things considered, are a joke. They've probably never thrown a football in their lives, yet harp on Zorn for making bad calls in an NFL game.

LaVar's show won't last once the football season ends. All they seem to know is football and some MMA, but I'd imagine it's extremely difficult to dedicate hours a day to MMA. Yeah they have the Caps but you can tell they aren't true Caps fans. And I don't believe they could have an intelligent conversation about the Nats or Zards.

there isnt a single sports show in the area that knows jack about the nationals. id bet any money that me and some of the other guys on extremenats.com know 10x more about whats going on with the nats and their minor league teams than any radio broadcaster in the area.

theyre so bad they dont even get talked about. lol

Someone remind me what LaVar did for the Skins?

I believe he had a remarkably ordinary career.

I guess that makes him a great commentator.

So what you're saying is, having a super successful-to-HOF NFL career makes you a good commentator? Hmmmm,....so I guess that makes Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin the best commentators ever.

:hysterical:

I actually like their show a lot and will continue to listen to it. They don't bash the Skins unless it's warranted. They both know that they have too much talent on the Skins to perform the way they are playing. They are critical of that lack of success and the Skins management which I applaud totally. They are paid to be critical and so is most of the rest of media not on the payroll of Dan Snyder.

What do you want them to do? Tell you how outstanding the Skins are for barely beating the ****tiest team in the NFL? Get real.

The Lavar show is the worst radio program EVER! They have done nothing but bash the Skins since July. Lavar is a bitter ex-employee (whom I used to love as a player) and Chad Dukes is a fat-ass. If there are still any hardcore Skins fans out there who will always back our team, please boycott that crap show and denounce Lavar as "one of us".

GO SKINS!

Then don't listen to them. It's really very simple. :helmet:

of course we are all gonna still root for the win, the playoffs, the Superbowl...but we've all seen this movie before. we know how it plays out.

do you watch old yeller repeatedly and keep hoping he won't get shot at the end?

I cannot wait for the Redskins to be successful again...if for no other reason than I'm so sick of reading and hearing the above cliche...:doh:

No offense to you, big z, it's a widespread problem.

The worst part about that show is that you can really tell when they are pushing an agenda. It's every day and nonstop.

"Keep listening to our show... stick it to Snyder!"

I agree... I liked the show but its starting to get old. I get that they think Snyder is an unfair evil dictator - but every day that seems to be their focus. When they actually talk football I enjoy it.

Fail! I love the show. If you can't take people criticizing and speaking the truth about the skins listen to 980!

You fail. Chad Dukes knows nothing about football. Sports Reporters continue to bash Danny and Vinnie everyday so your little go listen to 980 is uninformative and makes you look like a boob.

980 has been just as harsh as of late, no doubt about it. It is no mystery that fans are pissed. It is both stations jobs to stir the pot. It is good business.

As far as Chad not being a sports guy, well he is not. The format change was to the 'Fan' and Chad is obviously bringing the Fan perspective.

WIP in Philly has made a long good living off fan dissent....the format works as long as your cities teams are struggling....outside of the Caps most recent success, I would say that the DC market place is ripe for this format.

You beat me to it man. The only person that could be considered sugarcoating things would be Sheehan on the sports fix but he will even bash the skins for stupid moves at times. 980 can bash the Skins and Snyder as much as 106.7 if not more at times.

It's true. Andy Polian can be a straight up jerk sometimes. And they blast Vinny constantly for havinga radio show....which is on their same station. Ya Sheehan looks through the rosy glasses sometimes but I like him solely because I can listen to him talk about a lot of sports, not just football.

It's true. Andy Polian can be a straight up jerk sometimes. And they blast Vinny constantly for havinga radio show....which is on their same station. Ya Sheehan looks through the rosy glasses sometimes but I like him solely because I can listen to him talk about a lot of sports, not just football.
Czabe will take shots at Snyder all the time. Like you said man they will have Hanrahan on the show who usually hosts the red zone with Vinny and be making fun of the show to Hanrahan and even Hanrahan will laugh. Alot of people dont like Sheehan but he is one of my favorite radio hosts on the station. He doesnt go to far to the left or right, he is pretty even in his analysis of the team.

Am I the only one who has no problem with Chad Dukes? Yeah he makes mistakes and what not, but he's not nearly as bad as most of yall are making him out to be. I love the show he and Lavar have, and I made the switch over to 106.7 on my afternoon commute (over from 980). Hopefully, they keep it going...from what they have said, the ratings have been positive....

I don't mind some bashing, but when every segment launches into the same thing, it gets tedious. I like the show, but sometimes if falls into that tedious run of bashing.

What I really dislike, and its a specialty from The Sports Reporters in 980, is when they throw something out that is forever ago that has no bearing on the present, just to take a shot. "Well Danny charged fans to watch practice...." Ugh. Enough. Get a guest that isn't Capt whiny voice Tom Loverro.

Am I the only one who has no problem with Chad Dukes? Yeah he makes mistakes and what not, but he's not nearly as bad as most of yall are making him out to be. I love the show he and Lavar have, and I made the switch over to 106.7 on my afternoon commute (over from 980). Hopefully, they keep it going...from what they have said, the ratings have been positive....

Nah Dukes is cool, I actually like the show. If you follow him on twitter though you will learn that he is a bit weird, but nothing bad really. No hate from the big guy towards him. I just don't like when people just say 980 is a snyder puppet who only talks rosy about the skins because thats just not true.

Archived