Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate Lavar and Chad

riggo4ever

I think this season is different for some reason. I feel this is the uprising it has taken 15 years to get to.

But the "uprising" is totally media created, not only by 106.7 but ESPN980 and the Post as well. I quit listening to ESPN980 last season -- they criticized the team from morning until night, especially Kevin Shehan and Doc Walker. I actually thought 106.7 was a welcome change; until recently, their coverage of the Skins was (ironically) much more balanced and circumspective.

But this week 106.7 has gone insane. They spend 10 minutes talking about how they are solely responsible for the "uprising" against the team, because of course 980 can't say anything negative about the team, which is a complete joke since the morons at 980 have been bashing the team since November 2008. Then they say that things are in a "crisis mode" at Redskins Park because all the players are talking about the media coverage and the booing -- but only because they won't stop asking the players about the media coverage and booing.

Lavar has always been bad, but he and his idiot sidekick Chad are easy to ignore. But this week Holden Kushner and UnWise Mike further embarassed themselves by this fascination with the Skins "total meltdown." Wise (who used to have some class) actually brought a guy on the air who said he was the garbage collector for many of the Skins players and had "inside information" from his clients that Zorn would be fired if he lost in Detroit. Of course the guy had no details and would give no names of his sources. Wise actually thinks this is journalism.

Kushner is even worse. I have just stopped listening. If 106.7 wants to gain its audience that way, whatever. I don't need it. I'd rather listen to WFAN in NY.

but the "uprising" is totally media created, not only by 106.7 but espn980 and the post as well. I quit listening to espn980 last season -- they criticized the team from morning until night, especially kevin shehan and doc walker. I actually thought 106.7 was a welcome change; until recently, their coverage of the skins was (ironically) much more balanced and circumspective.

But this week 106.7 has gone insane. They spend 10 minutes talking about how they are solely responsible for the "uprising" against the team, because of course 980 can't say anything negative about the team, which is a complete joke since the morons at 980 have been bashing the team since november 2008. Then they say that things are in a "crisis mode" at redskins park because all the players are talking about the media coverage and the booing -- but only because they won't stop asking the players about the media coverage and booing.

Lavar has always been bad, but he and his idiot sidekick chad are easy to ignore. But this week holden kushner and UnWise Mike further embarassed themselves by this fascination with the skins "total meltdown." wise (who used to have some class) actually brought a guy on the air who said he was the garbage collector for many of the skins players and had "inside information" from his clients that zorn would be fired if he lost in detroit. Of course the guy had no details and would give no names of his sources. Wise actually thinks this is journalism.

Kushner is even worse. I have just stopped listening. If 106.7 wants to gain its audience that way, whatever. I don't need it. I'd rather listen to wfan in ny.

right on.. Its like they take pride in creating an uprising

Both stations right now are being critical (and rightfully so) of the Skins. I try to listen to both stations but find myslef tuning into 106.7 more during drive time solely because Andy Pollin tends to overstructure the Sports Reporters. Can't stay on one topic for more than 30 minutes. So while Lavar and Chad and Holden talk about the Skins (and actually field a fair number of calls), Andy and Steve chat about why Tiger was on the sidelines at the Dolphins game. Weak.

The Lavar show is the worst radio program EVER! They have done nothing but bash the Skins since July. Lavar is a bitter ex-employee (whom I used to love as a player) and Chad Dukes is a fat-ass. If there are still any hardcore Skins fans out there who will always back our team, please boycott that crap show and denounce Lavar as "one of us".

GO SKINS!

Another one of the malevolent little dwarfs BM eaters.

i don't care if they bash the skins.

the show sucks because the two of them don't know dick about sports. lavar knows football, but thats it. chad doesn't know anything about any sports outside of a very shallow 'fan' perspective. neither one of them are reporters, and when they get players on their show they basically rehash the same questions we've been hearing all week.

they're not creative, their shtick has gotten old already, and they don't know enough about sports in general to run a year round sports show. i can't wait to watch their show get pulled off air after football season when everyone else sees they have nothing to talk about, and people stop listening.

and i used to be a big fan of fukes

Anyone know where we can find the ratings, esp. for Lavar/Dukes vs/ Pollin/Czaban? I heard a couple guys on 106.7 say their ratings have been good, but haven't seen any evidence to prove it.

Its the Arbitron Rating. I don't think you can compare the two shows because of the different time slots.

Its the Arbitron Rating. I don't think you can compare the two shows because of the different time slots.

Does the Arbitron work like Nielson where sample selections are given special radios (as opposed to cable boxes)? It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious and way off topic here. My bad.

Anyone know where we can find the ratings, esp. for Lavar/Dukes vs/ Pollin/Czaban? I heard a couple guys on 106.7 say their ratings have been good, but haven't seen any evidence to prove it.

From http://www.dcrtv.com

JFK Beating TEM In Key Male Demos - 9/22 - In the age 25-54 male demo for the second week of September's Portable People Meter radio ratings, new CBS sports talker WJFK, 106.7 The Fan, makes a solid 5th place showing, one full ratings point ahead of Redskins owner Dan Snyder's rival sports talker WTEM, ESPN 980, which is in 9th place. Bonneville all-newser WTOP takes the top spot in the demo. In the more-tightly-targeted age 18-34 male demo, we're told that JFK's morning Junkies placed 1st, with the UnWise Mike midday show and the Lavar Arrington afternoon show both in 4th. Also, with both JFK and TEM now ahead of righty talker WMAL, 630 AM, in the male age 18+ demo, it's "gonna make selling WMAL (to advertisers) really hard," a local radio guru tells DCRTV.....

Archived