Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Chad Ochocinco Thread

dsciambi

Note to Danny: Sign Ocho now. Vet min plus incentives.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/17/ochocinco-wants-to-crowd-surf/

In our quest to bring you the most complete news, especially on a ssslow Saturday, PFT looks at all corners of the internet.

So when Chad Ochocinco tweeted that he was UStreaming live with "Andre Johnson in the house," we clicked on it. (Surely this was the first UStream in history with opposing players the day before a game.)

Apparently the Andre Johnson appearance was a hoax or we were too late for it, but another "show" by Ochocinco earlier in the week caught our attention.

In it, Ochocinco details his plans for a touchdown celebration against the Texans Sunday.

He calls it the "Mexican jumping Bengal."

The plan: Ochocinco will head to the sidelines after his touchdown, jump in the crowd, go up a few rows, and then crowd surf until the the fans drop him off back on the sidelines around the 50-yard line.

Ochocinco seemed to come up with the idea while talking on talking on his show, then was so excited about it that he called everyone he knew. Including the Palmer brothers. And his coach Marvin Lewis.

Lewis didn't answer, but it seems unlikely he'll allow it if he catches wind of the plan. And Ochocinco is hoping for a level of crowd cooperation that may be difficult to pull off, to put it mildly.

But if he does . . . we will salute him.

he twittered to Cutler about the game, they bantered in a funny way for a bit last night...then Chad posted retweets of jokes from his fans.

my favorite (and those of us tailgate regulars can really appreciate it) "Kayne interrupts Bears practice, "Ya'll might be good n all and imma let you finish, but OchoCinco is the best of all time."

Chad Ochocinco is used to making news. Now, he's trying to break some.

The Cincinnati Bengals receiver is planning to form his own social news network on Twitter, using his player contacts around the league to develop news about other teams. The idea grew out of his partnership with Motorola, which will provide the technology.

He's dubbed the venture OCNN, for the Ochocinco News Network. He will try to compete with mainstream media to tell fans what's going on with NFL teams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4590771

Between football and networking, the receiver doesn't have much extra time.

"This is how I stay out of trouble," he said. "I don't go to clubs, I don't drink, I don't party."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived