Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's playcalling...

Renegade7

I'm calling out Jim Zorn on this one. That last redzone was nonsense, especially 3rd down. With two 6'4 WRs, why in God's name are we having moss and ARE on the outside and no Clinton Portis? Rams can do a fade route, why can't we?!

Zorn has to do a better job of getting the right people on the feild at the right time, or we're going to lose this game. We have no business losing this football game.

Landry is also on my s**t list right now, and Moss was just about to get out my doghouse from last week, but if anybody deserves to get booed, it's Zorn.

Totally Agree. This is garbage. For the love of christ, line up Kelly on one side, Mitchell on the other, Moss in the slot.....and throw the goddamned FADE ROUTE. They burned us with one in the 2nd quarter, we need to do the same. We have 2 6'4" receivers and we run some trick play on 3rd instead of utilizing them...WTF!!!!

I love the option to Cooley every once in a while, but seriously.....at least let the ex-QB Randel El throw it. This is sickening to watch. Anemic would be the best way to describe our RZ offense, and Campbell is playing his heart out today.

Granted, if Sellers hangs on we have a beautiful TD in the 1st Q...but other than that our playcalling in the RZ is horrendous. Next time we get 4th and goal, we need to go for it. End of Story

Play calling has been great. Your call out is nonsense. Game should be 10-0 if Sellers catches a pass that hits him dead center, and Landry didn't do his best to prove his supporters wrong.

I don't know if we're watching the same football game, Destino. What's up with the damn gadget play on 3rd down in the redzone, man? Still no fade routes? Did they really think we were going to try and run the ball again after getting 6 inches on two previous downs? I knew it was that gadget crap as soon as CP got the ball, so I know the Rams defense did.

That is nonsense. Zorn needs to give up playcalling responsibility.

That last offensive drive in the red zone was utter crap as far as play calling goes. You run Portis twice, and then have Portis attempt to throw the ball? Why can't Zorn let Campbell try to make a throw in the end zone? I declare the Snyder, Zorn, Campbell experiment a failure...

Agreed. Most of the games the past season + 2games has been play calling, both offensive and defensive play calling.

Yes, there are a lot of mistakes and other such nonsense in the game, but a lot of the big plays given up are on Blache imo as well as the lack of big plays happening on O are Zorn's lack of play calling and/or calling absolutely readable plays.

I know Zorn likes the playcalling duties, but I really thought it would have been best for him this past off-season to get someone else to take that over.

He's already the QB coach and Head Coach, calling the plays and preparing that responsibility every week seems like too much on his plate.

yes i am guilty for calling jason out..... but the fact is becoming apparent that zorn is a small fish in a big big pond....

we have a hard enough time executing basic plays and he calls a friggin failure of a gadget play again?

granted this isnt a great defense we are playing, but, jason is playing well and this is the kind of game that SHOULD help his confidence....

Archived