Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's playcalling...

Renegade7

I have no confidence in Jim Zorn as the head coach. None. He's stopped by his special teams coach when calling timeout too soon. He has his running back attempt a TD pass to his tight end instead of his QB and one of his two tall receivers. He calls for a running play that loses yards on 4th and 1 on the 2 yard line, instead of a QB sneak or a field goal. No excuse. Maybe the team has to wait until their 'bye' week, but I really think Jim Zorn needs to be released from his head coaching duties with the Redskins. I don't like writing those words, but it's the sad truth.

I would agree that Zorn is a problem. It seemed thoughout the game that he was clueless to what he wanted to do or was doing.

3rd and 16 and you run the ball. No fade routes. call a timeout, don't call a timeout. 4th and 1/2 yrd and you run a sweep play??

Our Offense seems solid when they produced. the d-line is solid. Our weakness is playcalling and our secondary. Can Rogers or Hall stay on their feet and cover someone please!!!!!

How many times this season so far including pre-season and even going back to last season have we seen rogers and halls men wide open catching a 1st down pass?? Too many to count by my calculations.

Sure they show up most of the time at the end when the game is on the line, but if they would do that from the get go, maybe they wouldn't have to do that at the end of a game because we would be coasting to a win.

If we don't fix the playcalling and our secondary, don't expect much from the Redskins this year. We should have rolled the Rams. instead we won by 2 with not a single TD. That's pathetic. and a lousy win.

Campbell sucks. He's incapable of hitting a guy in stride on a streak route. He can't throw a fade to save his life. If it isn't a curl or a crossing pattern, he can't do it.

Jim Zorn is a disgrace as a playcaller.

Greg Blache is a joke, his scheme is ridiculous.

Vinny is a stooge.

Our owner is a spineless twit.

Have I left anyone out?

Coach zorn sucks as a play caller!! Too many runs in the redzone!! Can we throw a fade to malcom kelly???? Jeez!!

And how about scoring in the final seconds... We take a knee??? As much as i love the skins... We are soft!!!

Greg blache... Put orakpo on the line dammitt!! The kid is not a linebacker... Hes a friggin defensive end!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have no defensive pressure!!!

I have no confidence in Jim Zorn as the head coach. None. He's stopped by his special teams coach when calling timeout too soon.

I agree Zorn appears to be the problem this season so far. He appeared confused this game.

He has his running back attempt a TD pass to his tight end instead of his QB and one of his two tall receivers.

I disagree, saw nothing wrong with this call. It wasn't successful because the O-line didn't protect well enough and was holding. I agree with the WR though. They have shown some flashes, and why we don't use them is confusing me.

He calls for a running play that loses yards on 4th and 1 on the 2 yard line, instead of a QB sneak or a field goal. No excuse. Maybe the team has to wait until their 'bye' week, but I really think Jim Zorn needs to be released from his head coaching duties with the Redskins. I don't like writing those words, but it's the sad truth.

Yeah I agree. A sweep play with only a 1/2 yrd is pathetic. I applaud the guts to go for it, but if you're gonna do that, you have to make the right call and Zorn clearly did not.

Some coaches are better suited as assistants. Norv Turner is a prime example. great offensive mind however horrible coach. I believe the same of Zorn. However how he has called plays these last two years make me wonder how good he is at that.

My other issue with Zorn is his toughness. He seems to tip toe around his players. When they really screw up his comments have been, "no need to yell at them, they know what they've done wrong." I'm sure they do, but embarrassment and chastisement are good motivators.

Think Lombardy or ditka or the tuna babied their players. I don't know for sure becuase I'm not in the locker room or at practice, but just from what he says and does, it seems like he is a wussy of a coach.

The playcalling in the redzone indicates one important thing, Jim Zorn has ZERO confidence in Jason Campbell. I mean he would rather have Clinton Portis Throw it than Jason. Campbell is a dud and can not play the position.

which is why he kept leading the offense up and down the field only to have zorn take the game out of his hands?

same thing happened last week.

check yourself

Archived