Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's playcalling...

Renegade7

I don't think Zorn has much confidence in himself. All week we heard about how JC was much better in shotgun, and we saw it a lot today. Sure, it proved to be successful, but I think Zorn was pressured into it by all the criticism. Without it, he probably wouldn't have called those kinds of plays.

The red zone playcalling is atrocious.

Case in point : 3 times today , and once during the Giants game, the Redskins were in the red zone and repeatedly ran running plays on the first two downs to no avail. They finally decided to pass on 3rd down where it was incomplete.

Seems to me you should go in guns blazing in the red zone. Take some shots towards the end zone. Don't be scared. Don't run another running play that gets stuffed for minimal yardage. Take a shot deep.

I'm calling out Jim Zorn on this one. That last redzone was nonsense, especially 3rd down. With two 6'4 WRs, why in God's name are we having moss and ARE on the outside and no Clinton Portis? Rams can do a fade route, why can't we?!

Don't forget we've also got Cooley and Davis too. It's baffling that we haven't even tried to put all our size guys on the field (or at least the 3 that play; Kelly, Cooley, Davis) and lob it to one of the guys on the outside, one of the ones that is about 6 inches taller than the guy defending them.

I don't even care who's fault it is anymore, I just want to see a TD pass into the end zone. This is ridiculous. 9-7 over a team that got beat 38-0 or whatever last week is not something to be smiling about, relieved yes, not happy.

Every time Mike Sellers motions out to the left as a TE, the play is stuffed. Why? Because Zorn always calls a frickin run when that happens. No playaction or anything to fool the opposing defense

yea we noticed that too but we keep thinking that zorn understands that if fans can figure out what he's callin then professnioals have no problem doing it.

I don't think Zorn has much confidence in himself. All week we heard about how JC was much better in shotgun, and we saw it a lot today. Sure, it proved to be successful, but I think Zorn was pressured into it by all the criticism. Without it, he probably wouldn't have called those kinds of plays.

Maybe we can drum up enough criticism this week to fix the red zone offense then. Try a pass on first or second down here or there instead of waiting for a 3rd and long in the RZ.

2 straight runs with 1st and goal on the 7.

Can we discover the fade route please?

News flash; Jason Campbell cannot throw the fade route. They tried it twice in the preseason to Kelly and the results were horrible. Campbell wasn't even close. On one he horribly underthrew Kelly, and on the other he threw it 10 yards out of bounds.

His ball is too flat with no touch. Its why our receivers are always jumping up trying to catch the ball, he throws it too flat, instead of arcing it over defenders with touch.

It's probably already been said, but I think Zorn will always call a game that caters to the opponent. In this game, he called a conservative a game plan because he probably thought the Rams weren't going to score much. I think we can expect the same thing next week. I think he believes he has a high scoring opponent like the Saints or the Cowboys, we can expect something more like a wide open attack.

Play calling has been great. Your call out is nonsense. Game should be 10-0 if Sellers catches a pass that hits him dead center, and Landry didn't do his best to prove his supporters wrong.

:hysterical: Play calling has been great. :hysterical: Give me a break we hardly ever pass in the redzone and why do we have Kelly, Thomas and Davis again.:doh: Play calling has been great. :doh:

Maybe we can drum up enough criticism this week to fix the red zone offense then. Try a pass on first or second down here or there instead of waiting for a 3rd and long in the RZ.

well they said something about Chris cooley put up a post from a fan in the locker room. it was really scorching and ripped the players for the giants game. guess you can see how much good it did! 9-7... no touchdowns.

Play calling has been great. Your call out is nonsense. Game should be 10-0 if Sellers catches a pass that hits him dead center, and Landry didn't do his best to prove his supporters wrong.

I want to know if what you are smoking can be detected on a drug screen. If it can't, hook a brother up!

Playcalling is inconsistent and we have a non-playmaking QB under center. That's a prescription for very few points. Of course, there's alot on this team that's inconsistent. So why focus blame at the most obvious targets? Because as they go, so does the team. Expect more of the same.

Here's what I don't get....if you don't trust Jason enough to call pass plays in the red zone, that's one thing. Ok, call run plays. But if time and time again those run plays are not producing touchdowns, then why the hell wouldn't you at least try a pass play or two??? You're not losing anything.

JC by far isn't the greatest QB in the game, but those of you who are blaming him for this really have issues. I just watched Romo sits to pee suck ass all night long. If JC did that against the Giants, then you have your bashing to do. This clearly goes on the play calling. If Sellers would have not put his hands up to catch the ball, it would have stuck in his facemask for 6. Again, I know JC has work to do, but he played well today and not too bad last week. Lot's of other players and coaches have a lot to do with these games than just JC. And, a win is a win.

Archived