Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oh Crap. My Parents Joined Facebook.

Drop

You want to see how to embarrass yourself beyond belief on FB? Try to top this post. yeah, and she's engaged to someone else. Classic.

http://failblog.org/2009/08/22/facebooking-win/

I'm pretty sure that was a 4chan attack. They mined people's passwords from an unsecure site and then tried them on the people's facebook accounts to get in and do ****.

anything. Locked out of my pictures and videos, that's for damn sure. I also locked them out of the wall, just in case.
yup, even thought your parents are on facebook...you can control anything down to the 'T' what they see

If you lock them out of your photos for example - does it give them a message if they click on your photo album, that they've been locked out, to make them aware of it ?

Or do they not even see the album or get a prompt ?

In other words, can you restrict them from things, without them knowing it ?

My parents aren't on facebook but a lot of cousins and other family is.

I gave up putting people on limited profile and just decided to either untag or remove pics that I'd rather family not see. Its easier that way I really don't hold pics of me smoking a fatty in high regard. Those I did not mind deleting.

If you lock them out of your photos for example - does it give them a message if they click on your photo album, that they've been locked out, to make them aware of it ?

Couldn't tell you. I'm not too worried about it, though, 'cause I think they'd understand why they don't have full access (ignorance is bliss).

• 3 weeks later...
Couldn't tell you. I'm not too worried about it, though, 'cause I think they'd understand why they don't have full access (ignorance is bliss).

Right now I wish mine would restrict access:(,observing a long distance fight makes me wish I never signed up.:shot:

I don't know I suppose I'm not as wild as other people out there but there isn't anything I say or post on facebook that I can't let my parents or relatives see...thats just me though.

When you're in college, and people can just tag you in photos... well there are some things best left unseen.

When you're in college, and people can just tag you in photos... well there are some things best left unseen.

I'm in college...but then again I'm in secondary education. If you act up or go to parties and get in those situations, you'll be left with a degree and nobody who wants to hire your ass because you're a news headline waiting to happen :D

I guess I'm not the partying or whatever type.

My cousin who I thought wouldn't screw me over emailed a picture of me holding a beer can to my distant relatives and parents. Funny thing, my parents were pissed off at him for being a douche and not at me. But the back lash from my uber conservative uncle and aunts was terrible. Never adding a family member again.

I wasn't tagged in that picture specifically but I was tagged in one of the other pictures in that album. Facebook allows people to go through an entire album on someone elses profile if you have a single picture tagged in it. You just can't go around telling everyone to delete pictures of you from their albums even if they didn't tag you. I don't understand why they haven't resolved this issue.

I remember when Facebook was only for college kids with a valid college email address - things change quickly.

I do too. I joined facebook in its early days. Those were the golden years. :(

My parents (early 60s in age) aren't the type to ever join facebook. But if they did for some reason, I would immediately cancel my account. **** that.

I do too. I joined facebook in its early days. Those were the golden years. :(

My parents (early 60s in age) aren't the type to ever join facebook. But if they did for some reason, I would immediately cancel my account. **** that.

Ugh, I thought my mom joining = a cold day in hell....then I logged on one day and saw a friend request from my 80 year old grandmother, lol. I've really just embraced it though. Especially now that I'm halfway across the country Facebook makes staying in touch with my family so much easier.

If somebody's restricted from parts of your profile, they just don't see them at all.

On someone's main profile, if they're available, it'll say "View Photos of ____" (insert whoever's first name)...if they're not available to you, it won't say anything there at all.

The only way somebody would realize they were being blocked from seeing anything is if they saw that same profile using someone else's Facebook account and that person could see the pictures. Then they could just put it together and figure they were being restricted.

My parents aren't on Facebook, but a couple of my aunts and uncles are.

I had them set to restricted in a special group called "Family," but I think they were still able to see my wall or something because on my Newsfeed I saw this one day:

Have you checked on our mutual friend Chris? A lot of drinking and hot chic's on his page. What would Mom think? Sam

Which was what my uncle had written on one my of aunt's walls.

Well there are some parents out there who actually have friends on facebook and want to post pics and post statuses and stuff. But my mom was not one of them. i did not accept my mom;s friend request on facebook because she was joining for all the wrong reasons. And by that i mean, she joined just for the purpose of keeping tabs on me and my brother and sister.

Archived