Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scary looking bug- Success! close this sucker down :)

TheGoodBits

Ok, so I live at George Mason University in an on-campus student apartment that is older but still pretty nice. Except for one thing. On three separate occasions in the past week or so I have found a ridiculously scary looking bug in my room. I have tried to look it up on google but I literally have no idea where to begin such a search. So maybe someone can help me identify this thing.

It is like a cross between a centipede, a caterpillar, and a spider. All three have been 1 inch to 1.5 inches long, shaped kind of like a skinny caterpillar. It has tons of legs on it's sides like a centipede, but they are really long legs like a spider. It has a sort of yellowish color to it, and it scares the **** out of me.

Not a bug person at all, so I'm just trying to eliminate the possibility that this will crawl into my ear and devour my brain. Thanks in advance!:)

GO MASON! :chestram:

For some reason I vaguely remember a bug in my dorm. Annoying.

• 1 month later...

So I'm just watching NBA on TNT when I suddenly see this mother****er crawling up from my balcony door and up onto the ceiling. WHAT THE ****.

Then it made its way down the blinds that cover my balcony, and I knew there was no way I would sleep if I lost track of this thing. I waited it out, and I was hoping it'd somehow slip out underneath balcony door (or however it came in). Instead, it decided to violate my territory, so armed with a bottle of 409, I sprayed it until it stopped moving. Hopefully it isn't playing dead and plans on ****ing me over while I sleep. I really should get rid of its body, but I don't know.

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

The common name is a house centipede.

They are disgusting, I hate those things with a passion. Just too friggin fast and crawly. I have seen them eat moths and other bugs.

House centipedes are nasty, but the wheel bug might be my least favorite critter of all.

I saw a couple of those in my bathroom about 5 years ago. I had the same reaction... WTF is this thing. I looked it up and killed the two that I saw, and have never seen another one again. One was in the shower, the other was on the ceiling above the sink. I assumed at the time it got in through the pipes somehow.

I saw a couple of those in my bathroom about 5 years ago. I had the same reaction... WTF is this thing. I looked it up and killed the two that I saw, and have never seen another one again. One was in the shower, the other was on the ceiling above the sink. I assumed at the time it got in through the pipes somehow.

Yeah, they seem to like bathrooms. I recall having a few in my bathroom when I lived in Maryland; that was the first time I had ever seen them. I moved into a new house in Charlotte a few months ago and have seen two since. One was actually last night. I thought about this thread as I was disposing of the fella.

Archived