Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES/RR TAILGATE vs Rams 09/20/09 - Please Read the Entire First Post !!!

pez

Also, we will be riding the metro over from somewhere in Alexandria, not sure where and I am not real familiar with the area even though I was born there. Is there anything I need to know about the metro? Like which line to avoid or take...etc...etc. Would you all know how long it takes to Fed Ex from Alexandria? Any helps or tips is appreciated.

Thanks.

The stop is on Morgan Boulevard, about a 15 minute walk from the stadium (though the Tailgate is on the other side, so you have to go around).

Here's a trip planner. One station in Alexandria is King Street. It generally takes about an hour.

I am coming from Alabama and I am bringing along a friend. For this reason, I do not have a good way to prepare food for everyone, but I will be happy to donate monetarily and I will bring some alcohol. When I arrive, who do I give the money to? I want to make sure it goes into the correct hands. Thanks.

You can give it to either pez, Huly or myself as we are the main (But not the only) organizers of the tailgate.

Any liquor donations go directly to me as I am the Bartender. Just look for the Black Tahoe with a large group hanging out behind it taking shots. :hysterical:

The stop is on Morgan Boulevard, about a 15 minute walk from the stadium (though the Tailgate is on the other side, so you have to go around).

Here's a trip planner. One station in Alexandria is King Street. It generally takes about an hour.

You can probably cut your travel time down by jumping on the Yellow line anywhere between King Street and the Pentagon. Yellow line, once it leaves the Pentagon, hits L'Enfant Plaza where you can transfer right back to a blue line train. Meanwhile, it is nine stops on the Blue line from the Pentagon to L'Enfant Plaza.

have a good time here ...

You can probably cut your travel time down by jumping on the Yellow line anywhere between King Street and the Pentagon. Yellow line, once it leaves the Pentagon, hits L'Enfant Plaza where you can transfer right back to a blue line train. Meanwhile, it is nine stops on the Blue line from the Pentagon to L'Enfant Plaza.

If you start at a yellow liine stop, it makes sense.

Switching from blue to yellow and back to blue doesn't really work, though, because you end up waiting for the next train twice, which kills any time savings.

You also lose whatever seat you may have acquired by being early on the train.

I start at Franconia-Springfield, so I get my pick.

First let me say I am shocked no one has touched this already. (pun inteneded) Secondly, Pez are you SURE you want to say that, knowing our group??

Put us down for

-Canopy

-Table

-Chairs

-Grill

- 2 gallons sweet tea (1 for me and everyone else, and 1 just for Huly)

We'll take care of some of the "other protein". Going to bring smoked pulled pork, and chicken too. Not sure how much yet, will update once I buy it. Huly, yes..please bring me some of your famous (I dont remember how to spell the name, Schelingers?) SC mustard sauce.

Smoked Pulled Pork

Smoked Pulled Chicken

Buns

Sauces TBD

And I am willing to cook breakfast on Redskins Road if there are enough people who will want to eat that early. Let me know, and I'll bring stuff for that as well. Thinking Crossiants, Eggs, Bacon, Sausage. Any suggestions? Let me know....

I quoted this because I wanted to recognize the effort and contribution; they are driving from TENNESSEE on top of it all. :applause::applause::applause::applause:

If you are coming from the DC metropolitan area, this is a great example of an excellent contribution to the ES tailgate, and hey, you don't even have to drive 8 hours. :silly:

Ask Pez.. We'll be at the front of the line with Pez and Huly..being it's the first tailgate of the year, i'm thinking Pez is shooting for 5am??? So how about breakfast 6-8am?
That sounds great, Drew.

Count Sapphire44 and I in for breakfast.

I will make some Bloody Mary's.

We should be there around 6am.

Fran & I should be there between 6:00 & 7:00 am.

At least that's the plan!

That's the same plan we have, though with 2 females in tow things could change quickly. I'm getting psyched!

Amen!

We'll be there around 7:15-7:30. I'm trying to negotiate that down...

Our arrival is the negotiated down time. Thanks, in no small part, to a little prodding from skinsfan44 & his lovely wife.

And to keep it OT, Pez...please add a table to the list of stuff that I'm bringing.

Archived