Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES/RR TAILGATE vs Rams 09/20/09 - Please Read the Entire First Post !!!

pez

and don't forget to dress in your Sunday best, you know Cricket will be there snapping pictures like a mad woman :D

I do believe that time has stopped.

A "Mad Woman"? Really? (yeah, you are correct)...

I hate to rain on your parade (wait, did I just quote old people?) but after 3 whole years at 8 home games each season, plus 2 pre-season games, the DDP's in the Spring, a couple of D & B off-season events & the HOF ceremony and game tailgates in Canton last year...I am taking a well deserved break from the camera this year.

As fun as it was--snapping a couple hundred pix at the tailgates (pre and post of course) then loading them onto the computer (thanks to Skins N Bones for his assistance with that every time) and then loading them all onto ES for viewing...I am taking a break...

Anyone want to step up and take over as the unofficial ES photographer?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

HTTR!

A "Mad Woman"? Really? (yeah, you are correct)...

I hate to rain on your parade (wait, did I just quote old people?) but after 3 whole years at 8 home games each season, plus 2 pre-season games, the DDP's in the Spring, a couple of D & B off-season events & the HOF ceremony and game tailgates in Canton last year...I am taking a well deserved break from the camera this year.

As fun as it was--snapping a couple hundred pix at the tailgates (pre and post of course) then loading them onto the computer (thanks to Skins N Bones for his assistance with that every time) and then loading them all onto ES for viewing...I am taking a break...

Anyone want to step up and take over as the unofficial ES photographer?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

HTTR!

nomnomnom, shoe leather tastes pretty good dipped in Pez wing sauce nomnomnom

I'll snap a few pics I'm sure but with keeping track of lil kaos, helping with the bar, and actually getting some tailgate time in I dont think I'll have time to do the great job that you do.

Hope you all have a GREAT time and get us a big WIN!!! :point2sky

I'll be thinking of ya'll while rocking out at Fed Hill Fest in Baltimore! First reg season home game I'll miss since we got our tix....such mixed feelings!!! lol

I'll see everybody at the next one on 10/4!!!

You guys just need to get the gig playing pre-game and post-game at FedEx. Then you have the best of both worlds!

Hope you all have a GREAT time and get us a big WIN!!! :point2sky

I'll be thinking of ya'll while rocking out at Fed Hill Fest in Baltimore! First reg season home game I'll miss since we got our tix....such mixed feelings!!! lol

I'll see everybody at the next one on 10/4!!!

:ramsuck:

Yup' date=' we'll miss you, but I will show Jenn a good time (did somebody ask for The Piper?) in your absence! Thanks for the ticket for her! [/color']

Oh, and PLEASE be the Rock God that you are and rock that Baltimore crowd!

Love you man!

Hey, I'm going to ask this here and see if anyone has advice as to my plan. As we all know, traffic after games is a *****, even with post tailgating. Especially for those of us going south, things are all well and good for a few miles, then you're stuck in bumper to bumper traffic going around the south end of 495, past the harbor, till you get to the mixing bowl. On really bad days, this stretch can take almost two hours, even if you waited 2-3 hours after the game to leave.

So with the new staging area and proximity to Landover Road, I've got a new idea in mind. Follow Landover Road around to Rt. 50, take that into D.C. where it becomes New York Avenue, go down 6th street, right on Constitution, and then over to Arlington. I have to take this route to drop a friend off after games.

This avoids the Beltway entirely, but I have to make sure of a few things.

Is New York Avenue a two way street the entire way? Most of my time in the city is spend in either NW or SW, I've haven't been up NY avenue past Chinatown in years. The last time I did was in college, when I was trying to cut through DC on 50 the whole way, and I got lost up in NE somewhere. I don't remember 50 being easy to follow. Has this improved at all?

Does anyone else go this route, or a similar route? Is the traffic any better?

Thanks

Hey, I'm going to ask this here and see if anyone has advice as to my plan. As we all know, traffic after games is a *****, even with post tailgating. Especially for those of us going south, things are all well and good for a few miles, then you're stuck in bumper to bumper traffic going around the south end of 495, past the harbor, till you get to the mixing bowl. On really bad days, this stretch can take almost two hours, even if you waited 2-3 hours after the game to leave.

So with the new staging area and proximity to Landover Road, I've got a new idea in mind. Follow Landover Road around to Rt. 50, take that into D.C. where it becomes New York Avenue, go down 6th street, right on Constitution, and then over to Arlington. I have to take this route to drop a friend off after games.

This avoids the Beltway entirely, but I have to make sure of a few things.

Is New York Avenue a two way street the entire way? Most of my time in the city is spend in either NW or SW, I've haven't been up NY avenue past Chinatown in years. The last time I did was in college, when I was trying to cut through DC on 50 the whole way, and I got lost up in NE somewhere. I don't remember 50 being easy to follow. Has this improved at all?

Does anyone else go this route, or a similar route? Is the traffic any better?

Thanks

Phoward,

Sounds like a pretty solid plan. You can also go South on 395 from Rt. 50, and it is a straight shot to Arlington via the SW Freeway and Rt. 27. Either way you take, it will be much quicker than trying to take the Beltway. Should take about 45 minutes.

I mean, I'll have my camera, but inevitably, I start eating, drinking, and cooking, and I forget about it.

I hear you.

I bring my camera too but bar tending keeps me busy.

I use to take a ton of pics in the early years of the tailgate and post them up, but since I became the Bartender I just don't have the time anymore.

Then cricket stepped up and she has been doing an awesome job of it the last few years, but I do see her point in all the work that goes into doing this.

I hope someone can step up this year and become the ES/RR tailgate photographer.

It would be a shame to not have any pics to look back on and to also remember things that happen during the tailgate that you might have forgotten due to all the adult beverages. :hysterical:

Archived