Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES/RR TAILGATE vs Rams 09/20/09 - Please Read the Entire First Post !!!

pez

i'm not going to this one (sold tickets), but i have a quesiton for the future.

if you're bringing something (say like potato salad), how many people should you bring it for? just curious, want to make sure I contribute when I do come (first game will be vs bucs)

a good rule of thimb is to take a look at the amounts of food that others are bringing and do your best to make a comparable contribution. Momma Kaos makes about 10 pounds of her mac/cheese and we are contemplating upping that to 15 pounds.

ok updating my list

urge came over me before Sunday so i just stopped and picked up a quart of Gin :evilg:

My nephew just dropped off 225 chinet plates, 330 plastic spoons ,knifes and forks pack :hungry: and 232 / 12oz plastic cups :koolaid:

as i think of other things i'll add it in

Bring as much as you can carry, there are always tons of people at the ES tailgates. I would stay away from bringing a ton of sides with mayo (ie. potato salad) as they go bad pretty quickly while sitting in the hot sun. Maybe pasta salad would work better till the weather gets cooler...

You just have to know how to serve it my friend :cool:

Momma Kaos makes about 10 pounds of her mac/cheese and we are contemplating upping that to 15 pounds.

Just a suggestion, don't swing those resources to Mac & Cheese (even though it's awesome). Make a second batch of sluts! ;)

I must admit this is a self serving suggestion. Somehow I miss most of your shots. :mad: And they are soooo damn good.

Just a suggestion, don't swing those resources to Mac & Cheese (even though it's awesome). Make a second batch of sluts! ;)

I must admit this is a self serving suggestion. Somehow I miss most of your shots. :mad: And they are soooo damn good.

I don't even think I've had a slut yet. A hand grenade? Yes. A slut? I don't think so. Any chance these would be available at the pre-game shang-ri-la?
I'm a little late chimming in here, but I will bring rum and tequila for the bar.

This is what you call steppin' up.

I'll be sure to stop by an introduce myself . Where i live i don't have to put up with to much bull. There are 5 other Redskin housholds on either side of me :) makes for a better neighborhood.

Anyone ? Whats the exit off 495 (road name ) that gets you to Redskins Road ? i'm used to taking the arena drive exit when i parked in the Red lots.

Also , i bringing either a bottle of Gin or Rum for the bar , depending on how i feel Sunday morning

Landover Road, iirc.

Yes. It's exit 17B if you're coming from the north, and exit 17 (turn left at the end of the ramp) if you're coming from the south. Just take exit 17 or 17B Rt 202 Landover Rd. west towards Bladensburg and then make your first left at the first traffic light. You'll be turning onto Brightseat Rd. You'll see the stadium in all its glory straight ahead. Pass through the traffic light at the bottom of the hill, then get in line in the GREEN lane on the left side for the ES tailgate.

I've been doing this route for ten years.:-)

I will bring Vodka and Kahlua unless there is something else more pressing that is needed at this point.

No, bring them with you. I can add it to the Bar. Both items are needed and are requested often.

Thanks.

I went out today and got 2 gallons of Ever Clear for the Hand Grenades, along with 100 regular cups and about 500 shot cups.

The Bar is almost completely stocked.

Can't wait for Sunday.

I don't even think I've had a slut yet. A hand grenade? Yes. A slut? I don't think so. Any chance these would be available at the pre-game shang-ri-la?

Hand Grenades will be available on Redskins Rd, Mark.

I will fix you up.

I will have Bloody Rams (Bloody Marys) available also to go with breakfast. :D

Heh, I'll be sure to track you down on Sunday. :D Cant have you missing out on shots, thats just not right!

I know you will, brother. And I'm mildly concerned about it. I do need to negotiate my way to my spot in the C lot, y'know. :silly:

ha!

I bet you could make that drive from Redskins Rd. to your spot in the C lot with your eyes closed going backwards. :D

I wouldnt worry about a couple Hand Grenades, they barely have any alcohol in them anyways :silly:

hey everyone ,

haven't been to an ES tailgate since the Preseason game against Bills :doh:

But now , i have the green parking passes i will start being a regular with the my family.

there will be 7 of us attending myself , wife , 3 kids and my nephew and his wife

I will be bringing 10-15 lbs of potatoe salad , several liters of sodas for the bar.

Chips , burgers ,sausages , rolls , paper plates , plastic knives ,forks ,spoons , paper towels, 2 tables, chairs , 1 canopy , 1 grill

oh and 1/ 30 pack Beer !!

My nephew hasn't told me what large item he is bringing yet i will update this when i find out .

going to be fun to see some of you that i met so long ago . :point2sky

Awesome!!

I am glad to see so many folks chipping in!

I hope to see that continue through the year...

From some of the posts I have been seeing, we might be able to add 1 or 2 more "core" tailgaters this year.... That puts a big smile on my face :D

I am glad to see so many folks chipping in!

I hope to see that continue through the year...

From some of the posts I have been seeing, we might be able to add 1 or 2 more "core" tailgaters this year.... That puts a big smile on my face :D

You can count on my family and i to be core tailgaters from here on out , since i now have the green parking pass. makes things much easier to get over there. just keep me away from the traffic cone area and TLC's moonshine jugs of homemade brew :doh:

Yes. It's exit 17B if you're coming from the north, and exit 17 (turn left at the end of the ramp) if you're coming from the south. Just take exit 17 or 17B Rt 202 Landover Rd. west towards Bladensburg and then make your first left at the first traffic light. You'll be turning onto Brightseat Rd. You'll see the stadium in all its glory straight ahead. Pass through the traffic light at the bottom of the hill, then get in line in the GREEN lane on the left side for the ES tailgate.

I've been doing this route for ten years.:-)

Thanks for the directions MTH , For the past 8 yrs i've always come in from RT3 south to 202 to Arena Dr.

Looking forward to meeting you , i don't think i have yet , but then i wouldn't remember then anyway . all i know was that it was a great time ;)

Archived