Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES/RR TAILGATE vs Rams 09/20/09 - Please Read the Entire First Post !!!

pez

Hey all, I am sure that most of you are either on your way or almost there to the tailgate. Unfortunately we will not make it today, I am in Colorado, and things going on at home that need D-Sky's attention so they won't make it either. So, you all have a drink for us, we will be watching the game faithfully though. We do plan on making it to the Bucs game since I come back on Oct 3rd. So hopefully we will see you there. Enjoy the comraderie and fun we know we all have at the tailgate, and Hail to the Redskins for a needed win!!!!!

Well, that was an incredible tailgate. Game could have been more uplifting, but the tailgating was incredible today. I wish everyone would pitch in like that more often.

You got that right, Patrick.

If yesterday was not the biggest it was surly one of the largest tailgates we every had and it was great in how so many people stepped up yesterday.

Not only were we the Harris Teeters Tailgaters of the Game which we were shown on the Jumbotron during the second quarter, but NBC 4 news came by along with the PG County public access channel doing stories on our tailgate.

It was great in seeing most of our "Core Tailgaters" that could make it yesterday and in meeting some new faces also, but my *** got warn out from all the Bar tending because of so many people there.

I don't know if I could keep this up during the whole season if our tailgates remain this size. :hysterical:

Thank you Jon (Capt. Kaos) for being my assistant Bar tender for I would not have gotten through the tailgate without you, bro.

Also please no one bring ANY potato chips, corn chips or pretzels to the next tailgate. I have probably 20 bags of them that were left over that I will be bringing back to the next tailgate.

I also want to thank everyone who brought a bottle for the Bar. The Bar is now the most stocked it has ever been and we should be good for the next couple tailgates before we will need to restock.

I also want to thank a person for if it were not for her, our tailgate would not be as successful as they are and that would be Huly, our Tailgate Queen.

I work with her behind the seens planning the tailgates and I see all the hard work she does that others don't, then she works very hard during our tailgates to make sure that everything runs smoothly.

Without her the ES/RR tailgates would not be the best tailgate in all of FedEx Field.

Thank you, Christie.

I wonder if Bostic Hog and Big Ugly are still in the parking lot? I finally got home via Amtrack @ 930. What a mess. Great time seeing everyone. Also big thanks to LOD for taking me to the Train Station and for reminding me about my camera and shirt.

No they are at the Hotel and the truck is in the shop ;)

Whaaaat??

WTF happened?

We were getting ready to leave and the brakes on Bill's truck went south. Literally. Brake lines, calipers and God only knows what else is bad. Some of us took Amtrak back home last night. Bill and Ed are on Amtrack now. Thank the Lord we werent' on 95 when the brakes went south. :cool:

We were getting ready to leave and the brakes on Bill's truck went south. Literally. Brake lines, calipers and God only knows what else is bad. Some of us took Amtrak back home last night. Bill and Ed are on Amtrack now. Thank the Lord we werent' on 95 when the brakes went south. :cool:

That sucks! When I left Ed was passing around some steak he had grilled and everyone was relaxing. Tough way to end the day. :doh:

You're telling me....several cups of that mixed with hand grenades and some rounds at "The Bar"...i'm amazed I found my seat

I've never been much of a drinker.

Some people just can't handle it. I'm one of them. All it took was one cup of that stuff and I was about ready to follow through on honorary_hog's suggestion and announce my presence by jumping on a table.:doh:

I think it was noted that despite my attention whorish nature on the board, in real life, I'm a little too laid back.

I've never been much of a drinker.

Some people just can't handle it. I'm one of them. All it took was one cup of that stuff and I was about ready to follow through on honorary_hog's suggestion and announce my presence by jumping on a table.:doh:

I think it was noted that despite my attention whorish nature on the board, in real life, I'm a little too laid back.

I understand you...in fact, the only times I really consume much (if any) alcohol all year is at ES tailgates. Otherwise, i'm a Gatorade and water guy

Wait, you don't remember doing that? Man, you really must have had more than you thought.

Well, that was an incredible tailgate. Game could have been more uplifting, but the tailgating was incredible today. I wish everyone would pitch in like that more often.

Amen! The sight of everyone pitching in brought a tear to my eye.

Thank you Jon (Capt. Kaos) for being my assistant Bar tender for I would not have gotten through the tailgate without you, bro.

Anytime! It's simply my pleasure to help with the tailgate in any way I can.

The amount of time, effort and energy that must go into pulling this off time after time is amazing. My family and I are blessed to have met such wonderful people that are so giving and make me feel normal about my obsession with this football team.

I also want to thank everyone who brought a bottle for the Bar. The Bar is now the most stocked it has ever been and we should be good for the next couple tailgates before we will need to restock.

Let me know before the Chiefs Tailgate - booze is the easiest thing to bring on the metro.

I also want to thank a person for if it were not for her, our tailgate would not be as successful as they are and that would be Huly, our Tailgate Queen.

Agreed, she does not get enough credit for all the hard work she does. Cheers to Huly!!

:cheers:

Crack on a stick was amazing but the mac and cheese was da bomb.

I dont remember who but someone walked up to Momma Kaos and they had the following exchange:

(tailgater) Did you make this mac&cheese?

(Momma Kaos) Yes, I did.

(tailgater) You should be the first in line for heaven, this is freakin' amazing!

(Momma Kaos) [blushing] Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The funniest part of all this is that I really don't like the way she makes it. Guess I just don't know good mac& cheese. :silly:

Big Sexy and I are alive and kicking.

Following the Redskins sub-par effort and ES's as-always-above-par-excellent tailgate, we begin our trek up 95 to the Philly burbs. Or at least we thought we were. Fortunately, on a number of facets, we never left the Fedex green lot. So the brake line in the truck blew. As I moved out of the space, uphill, I couldn't stop ... going uphill. RUH ROH! The vacated spot told the story: a river of brake fluid. Eventually, AAA was called and all is well. It's going to take 3-5 days to get the truck repaired. Thank god we noticed this in the Fedex parking lot and not on 95!!!!

To Halter, Jeff and Alec -- sorry dudes, but thanks for dealing with it so elegantly! Unfortunately, this is one of those times when "**** Happens"! ARG!

To the mechanic (whose name I don't know): Thanks for your input on the problem and for not punching out the drunk Big Sexy. He admitted today he was wrong for suggesting we try to drive it home anyway (good thing I was the sober guy).

To Huly: Thanks for all your help and assistance with the FedEx folks! It put me at ease knowing you were on my side :)

To Lawrence (LOD): I knew when we hung out in Canton that you were a great dude. Last night, I know you are a great friend. We really appreciate all you did for us!!! I won't go into detail, but you know what you did! I hope I can pay you back someday.

And to my sidekick, wing-man extraordinairre Big Sexy: Thanks for hanging with me and snoring all night. It was a comfort having your stinky ass around :) Seriously, thanks for staying with me!

See ya'll in 2 weeks minus 1 day!

Archived