Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFP: Forbes ranks NFL's most valuable franchise

bubba9497

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Forbes-ranks-Cowboys-as-NFLs-most-valuable-franchise.html

Click link for entire article

Forbes ranks NFL's most valuable franchise

The Dallas Cowboys, cozy in their new digs at Dallas Cowboys Stadium, are the most valuable franchise in the NFL according to the annual rankings released Wednesday by Forbes.

With their fancy new stadium, the Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable franchise in the NFL, according to Forbes.

Jerry Jones’ team tops the list with a value of $1.65 billion, making it the second most valuable sports franchise in the world behind only Manchester United. Jones maintained the top spot ahead of Daniel Snyder’s Washington Redskins, worth $1.55 billion, but far and away the league leader in operating income at $90.3 million. The top five is rounded out by the New England Patriots, New York Giants and New York Jets.

Nineteen teams were valued at $1 billion or more, more than half of the league, but for the first time in a decade an NFL team lost value as tightening credit markets and the recession hit hard. In fact, one-fourth of the franchises dropped in value, led by the Oakland Raiders, which dipped seven percent to $797 million, lowest in the league. Detroit and Indianapolis lost five percent in value each.

Houston, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Chicago and Denver rounded out the top 10, in order.

Oakland and Seattle had negative operating income last year, according to the report, and Forbes speculated that the Miami Dolphins could fall into that category this year. For a complete list of franchise values, check here.

2nd most valuable franchise in the NFL, and yet someone way up in the food chain still feels the need to sell tix to scalpers. What is wrong with that picture?

Not just that, you don't want to upgrade your bigscreens, you package tickets into huge promotions like dream seats or clubs, so you can sell them for more then face value etc...

It isn't about HOW much money you make, it is HOW you make that money which is important.

I was given tickets to the Dallas preseason game last week, and I've have to say that the new stadium is absolutely amazing. When you walk in, it literally takes your breath away. While it doesn't provide a big boost in net worth (2% difference over the prior year), the real value will be in increased profits for subsequent years. Jerry screws up about everything else, but he got the stadium right.

What matters in the end is profit, and the Washington Redskins are the most profitable franchise in the NFL.

I guess that depends on how you look at profit. DS made 80 million more than JJ last year, but JJ was still in the old stadium. This year I expect to be much different. Plus DS has doubled the purchase price of the team in 10 years, JJ has increased value by 10x in 18 years. I think I'd rather be in JJ financial shoe right now.

I was given tickets to the Dallas preseason game last week, and I've have to say that the new stadium is absolutely amazing. When you walk in, it literally takes your breath away. While it doesn't provide a big boost in net worth (2% difference over the prior year), the real value will be in increased profits for subsequent years. Jerry screws up about everything else, but he got the stadium right.

I hear theyre having some sort of issues with their scoreboard!? Heard anything about that? :paranoid::hysterical:

Oh yeah, DALLAS SUX

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09032009/business/franchises_lose_yardage_187836.htm

Click link for entire article

The most valuable team for the third straight year is the Dallas Cowboys, owned for 20 years by Texas entrepreneur Jerry Jones.

The most profitable team -- and the second-most valuable in the Forbes ranking -- is the Washington Redskins. It earned 10 times more than the Cowboys, or $90.3 million last year, with a value of $1.55 billion, up 1 percent from a year ago.

Being a valuable team with cash means nothing to me as a fan. Hasn't exactly helped, considering four winning seasons since my 18th birthday. Playoff wins and Superbowls easily trump cash, as far as pride and bragging rights.

I'll start caring about Dan Snyder's worth the day it affects my everyday life.

Dan,

Please cut your losses with Six Flags, Dick Clark, Red Zebra radio, Tom Cruise, Johnny Rockets. It is obvious that your Skins profits are keeping your other terrible investments afloat.

We the fan can no longer prop up all of your crappy business ventures. In this economy we expect and need value, even in our entertainment.

Archived