Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody want Leftwich, Josh Johnson, or Luke McCown(Merged)

bishtw

The Skins did look at Leftwich.

He desperately wanted to come here.

But the feeling was he wouldn't be a good backup and would win over the locker room and cause a QB controversy. Players LOVE him.

You never know. With Collins being old as dirt and with Brennan disappointing the staff by not really improving... well, I would be surprised but not shocked if Leftwich somehow ends up in the Burgundy and Gold this year.

But I doubt it.

But the feeling was he wouldn't be a good backup and would win over the locker room and cause a QB controversy. Players LOVE him.

You never know. With Collins being old as dirt and with Brennan disappointing the staff by not really improving... well, I would be surprised but not shocked if Leftwich somehow ends up in the Burgundy and Gold this year.

But I doubt it.

Problem was he wanted a chance to compete for the starting job and the Skins wouldn't give him that. Stupid plain stupid.

The link doesn't work.

I read on www.nfl.com this afternoon that the Packers may have an interest in one of the Bucs QB's, perhaps McCown.

I seriously doubt we would trade for Leftwich when we declined to sign when he was a FA. Besides, I'm not sure he's an upgrade over Collins.

For the love of God why? They already have Rogers who is going to be A close to pro bowler this year I think, plus they still have Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn.... Unless one of those guys is part of the trade discussion. Maybe they want someone with a bit more experience for the #2 position?

But I doubt it.

"But the feeling was..."

Who's feeling? Do you have any proof of those feelings? A quote? A Link?

Btw, I could never understand the desire for Leftwich. If the attitude you have is one of disbelief in Campbell's ability, why would you give even a second to the thought of Leftwich making a difference for us? He's what everyone who complains about Campbell claims what Campbell is: Long wind up, horridly inconsistent, inaccurate, and lacks 'touch' on his throws.

Did you see the throws he's missed so far during the Dolphins/Bucs game that's on right now? Wide open WRs.

While I don't agree with the Campbell bashers conclusions about what Campbell is, their arguments actually fit Leftwich to a tee, not Campbell.

I get every Bucs game down here unfortunately =(..... I tell you what though, every time that Josh Johnson kid gets a chance to play he really "pops" at you, guy has a ton of talent.

Yea everyone seems to be talking about him, but you could say that about any/all young QB's in this league.

Btw, I could never understand the desire for Leftwich. If the attitude you have is one of disbelief in Campbell's ability, why would you give even a second to the thought of Leftwich making a difference for us? He's what everyone who complains about Campbell claims what Campbell is: Long wind up, horridly inconsistent, inaccurate, and lacks 'touch' on his throws.

Did you see the throws he's missed so far during the Dolphins/Bucs game that's on right now? Wide open WRs.

While I don't agree with the Campbell bashers conclusions about what Campbell is, their arguments actually fit Leftwich to a tee, not Campbell.

Are you really that surprised?

In the past week alone I've seen one poster claim a HS QB was better than Campbell, and another poster claim that Jon Kitna would easily get us 10 wins compared to Campbell.

I would dump Colt and Chase for Johnson. He has some real nice potential in the WCO. In his senior year, he threw only one interception all year!

Check this out: http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/08/18/josh-johnson-the-overlooked-qb-in-tampa/

I would be willing to give up a 4th round pick to get this guy here. We could have a potential starter, acquired at a bargain rate, if Campbell falters like expected.

I feel that this guy is really a better version of Campbell, which is what we need. He has the intelligence and instincts to run the WCO and he has elite athleticism for a QB, which is something else Campbell lacks.

The Bucs are stupid for drafting Freeman, who will be a bust, in the first place. Josh Johnson won't get his fair shot in Tampa.

I watched Leftwich play today... dude sucks.

He looked pretty competent last year playing against us for the Steelers when Ben went down as I recall.

I would not trade for him though.

People just need to accept that for better or worse Jason Campbell is our QB this year and will remain so absent an injury or complete melt down.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the Jags quickly traded for McCown, so that means that Josh Johnson I presume is off the table.

With both Brennan and Daniel off the roster, Josh Johnson would have been a very good pickup, and he already spent a year in Gruden's WCO, which is from the Holmgren school just like Zorn.

Unfortunately that's an opportunity lost.

Josh Johnson would've been a good play, but I guess he was never on the radar or they would've at least stalled that McCown trade by making an offer. A guy that we should've immediately picked up yesterday from Tampa is Matt Bryant. He's worlds ahead of Suisham.

but he's hurt.... can't make field goals if you can't kick

Injuries heal. He hasn't kicked in a month anyway, he should be well rested.

i don't know... those things can come back to nag a kicker all season... if he was 100% i'd agree with you, but i think theres risk involved....

not that keeping suisham isn't risky:doh:

i don't know... those things can come back to nag a kicker all season... if he was 100% i'd agree with you, but i think theres risk involved....

not that keeping suisham isn't risky:doh:

Anything is an upgrade over the worst kicker in the league last year.

Many teams replaced much better kickers. We stuck with the worst one. Great Job.

Archived