Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody want Leftwich, Josh Johnson, or Luke McCown(Merged)

bishtw

I just heard on NFL Network that, as reported by JLC, the Bucs are calling other teams to gage interest in their 3 QB's minus their 1st RD Draft pick J.Freeman.

Any one interested in an insurance policy if Campell doesn't preform Friday night?

I think the skins could pickup Leftwich to be 2nd string because the man can still play. He was solid last year as a backup for Big Ben and could be a strong 2nd stringer behind Campbell.

Todd is just getting old and lets face it, neither Chase or Colt could start in the NFL right now...

McCown is suppose to be the front runner down there so he must be having a strong TC. Leftwich stopped in here during FA and the FO didn't bite so they must have seen something the didn't like. I don't know much about Johnson.

That said I think Luke would be very interesting as competion for that back up spot. I'm rooting for Campbell but he has shown nothing that makes me feel safe going into the season.

Leftwich grew up a REDSKINS fan.......he'd want to win more than the other 2 QBs listed....

I do to but if the FO didn't pick him up when it would only cost us his salary I can't see them paying his salary plus trading a pick now.

I'd been posting about Josh Johnson for a while. He's going to be a great WCO QB, and very talented. But like Brennan and Daniel --he's currently ... a project.

Johnson was someone the Skins were interested in, but the Bucs picked him up before we got around to drafting a QB. So we drafted Colt Brennan instead.

While I'd like it if we could trade for him, I'm not sure how we could work him into our roster. It's possible could lose two good 'starter-level' QBss for 210. After all, Collins is probably in his lastear and the jury is out on Campbell. So it's feasible we could be working with a trio of young QBS -- one of which will rise to the top.

But how we do that this get Josh Johson on the Skins roster in 2009 -- remains to be seen. My guess is that Johnson winds up with another team.

I'd been posting about Josh Johnson for a while. He's going to be a great WCO QB, and very talented. But like Brennan and Daniel --he's currently ... a project.

Johnson was someone the Skins were interested in, but the Bucs picked him up before we got around to drafting a QB. So we drafted Colt Brennan instead.

While I'd like it if we could trade for him, I'm not sure how we could work him into our roster. It's possible could lose two good 'starter-level' QBss for 210. After all, Collins is probably in his lastear and the jury is out on Campbell. So it's feasible we could be working with a trio of young QBS -- one of which will rise to the top.

But how we do that this get Josh Johson on the Skins roster in 2009 -- remains to be seen. My guess is that Johnson winds up with another team.

It would lead to the demise of the Colt/Chase cults...they would be cut.

I think Johnson has more upside than either of our potential #3s. Would it really be worth trading more draft picks though? Unless we could trade them someone we planned on cutting anyways...it would be a waste/a detriment to our future.

I think Josh Johnson has more long-term upside then either Colt or Chase so I would look into him. Leftwich to me is someone we should consider next offseason if Campbell is gone and we draft a 1st rounder. Bringing him at this point wouldn't be very beneficial.

If he is a project then I agree. My thought process was if Campbell can't get it done, can one of these guys come in this year and be a stop gap with some success untill we address the QB position next year.

I just have a bad feeling that if Campbell fails (not saying he will) we don't have that stop gap on the roster right now. Collins had some success when Campbell went down against the Bears but imploded in Seattle, and Colt and Chase are both raw.

Skins should grab either McCown or Leftwhich if they become available ... each is an upgrade over Campbell and Collins. Sad isn't it?

Leftwich already worked out at Redskins Park during the first week of April. Even at the time he worked out, they were mainly looking to replace Collins. Leftwich turned them down because he wanted at least the opportunity to compete for the starting spot.

"The Redskins have confirmed a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette report that backup quarterback Byron Leftwich visited Redskins Park on Friday. Leftwich, a D.C. native and longtime starter with the Jacksonville Jaguars, spent last season as a backup in Pittsburgh.

Leftwich, 29, worked out for the club and is seen solely as a possible younger and cheaper replacement to backup Todd Collins, 37. The Redskins informed Leftwich that he would not be competing with Jason Campbell during their meeting, according to NFL sources, and made it clear that he would play only if Campbell were injured or ineffective during a start."

Archived